Author Topic: Astral Projection and Astral Traveling: What's the Difference?  (Read 1007 times)

May 18, 2016, 05:45:29 AM
Read 1007 times

earthmagus

• View Profile

Why are the concepts astral projection and astral traveling considered synonymous? Aren't they two different things? What's the difference anyway?

Furthermore, what is one sure-fire method to be able to get my soul-self out of my physical body? Can psychedelics help? Or, what psychic exercise should I do to make sure I get out of this physical body and get to travel anywhere and elsewhere?

July 06, 2016, 09:47:54 PM
Reply #1

Xenophon

• Settling In

• View Profile
I don't think you should use psychedelics. Not only do they damage body but also interfere with your perception of what is happening and other stuff. Also you cant know if experience you had was paranormal or illusion that way. Simply unneccesary.

I dont think there is a sure-fire method for anything (if you mean on first try)... it takes practice even for these things.

August 10, 2016, 07:36:53 AM
Reply #2

earthmagus

• View Profile
Just this morning, I had this experience where I was paralyzed and I felt my ears buzzing...
I read somewhere that that is a sign I am supposed to disassociate my spirit self from my present body. The only thing is, I don't know how to follow through...  I ended up having to force myself to move and get rid of its effect...

Physically, I am okay - no serious conditions of any kind. So I know what I felt that time wasn't serious...

Any idea how to deal with that next time? I really, badly want to astral travel....

August 10, 2016, 10:37:17 AM
Reply #3

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
Why are the concepts astral projection and astral traveling considered synonymous? Aren't they two different things? What's the difference anyway?

Projection is the exit of the mind or soul from the physical body, Travelling is using that psychic body to move around to visit far away places. They can be used interchangeably for most people, because I don't really know anyone who can Project and then does not Travel.

Furthermore, what is one sure-fire method to be able to get my soul-self out of my physical body? Can psychedelics help? Or, what psychic exercise should I do to make sure I get out of this physical body and get to travel anywhere and elsewhere?

Read the book Astral Dynamics. There are old school, Traditional Witchcraft herbs, salves and so on that can help with projection, but they aren't really necessary and very few people have the training and wisdom to use those sacred things correctly. You also don't really need them if you go through the correct training process, which you can receive in any number of ways. If you just want to practice this one skill, read Astral Dynamics. You can also practice Initiation Into Hermetics and slowly train your whole being until you learn Mental Wandering and Astral Projection in the later part of the system, and several other systems of magic involve lessons on this art. You can also practice Lucid Dreaming, which I consider to be fundamentally different from psychic projection despite the claims of many others. Still, it certainly can be used as practice and as a platform for external projection.

Just pick the one you want to start with and start practicing.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.