Author Topic: Strong Meditation experiences, is this Kundalini?  (Read 1639 times)

March 01, 2016, 12:41:51 PM
Read 1639 times

sulphurcrest

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi,

Often when I sit in meditation after I've passed the initial stage of adjusting my posture and relaxing my muscles for 5 or so minutes I often start to feel pulsations of energy rush over my body, rising up my spine then gradually falling down my chest. I can also manipulate this energy with my will and this is something that has been going on for a long time now and I found that when I use my will to reject the pleasant sensation I get a kind of "bucketing" effect, and that once that energy charges up somewhat I can use a sigil or focus on the image of a godhead and invoke a kind of mystical experience on that.

Sometimes I listen to music when I meditate to help drown out the sounds of doors shutting, people talking, cars, birds etc, that I find quite frightening when I meditate because I sort of get to the point where anything I hear that I'm not expecting sounds like somebody slamming a door really loud in a quite room. So what music I listen to also adds flavor to the experience, sometimes I have strong fantasies where I am a warrior or a magician or fighting my enemies like some sort of hero.

This is all a totally different thing to the sort of tranquil Buddhist experience, it's very ecstatic in contrast to the average zen style experience, I can apply my will to get the desired experience I want combined with a certain type of ritual beforehand and music.

So I was wondering if people have similar experiences or methods and I was wondering if the energy that goes up my back in the way path of the microcosmic orbit is kundalini?

please enlighten me.

March 01, 2016, 02:50:16 PM
Reply #1

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
It could be a lot of different things (yang qi, phlegm, dampness, and so on).

Our tradition usually admonishes from the microcosmic orbit because it is an occurrence that happens naturally and is also not the purpose of our practices (traditions differ).

The description is also pretty vague. Energy sensations can mean anything. What happens when you don't focus on the sensations and focus on one point?

March 02, 2016, 02:14:51 AM
Reply #2

sulphurcrest

• Settling In

• View Profile
If I concentrate on something I can either suppress it or send that energy into it.

If I don't let the energy rise then I can get a kind of "charged" sensation where it feels like my body is being nourished by the energy or if I allow it to rise it inspires ecstatic feelings. I spoke to a TaiQi teacher about 5 years ago and he said that it was adrenaline from my kidneys. That seems legit, however there is a whole range of specific energy sensations that accompany the experience, it is in many ways my path to practicing magic, I really get very strong sense of willpower and being able to bring energy from the sky or even telepathic sensations and move or feel energy with greater ease.

It's quite difficult for me to explain, I don't fully understand it, originally it started out as the normal sorts of ecstatic feels one might feel when listening to music, then over time it developed into full body sensations of movement of energy around the body, the only thing that really destroys the experience is the moveing around or concentrate on things, although light forms of meditative walking can go along with the experience.

March 06, 2016, 09:26:10 PM
Reply #3

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
From what you've described it doesn't directly sound like kundalini. From your description it sounds more related to the processes that take place prior to the movement of kundalini, that being the purification of various channels in the spine due to the energy built up during meditation beginning to flush them out and initiating the purification process that will eventually allow the kundalini to move properly and bring you to deeper states of meditation.
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

March 09, 2016, 03:40:08 AM
Reply #4

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Purely from my lineage perspective so if your values and traditions don't mesh, that's perfectly fine.

If I concentrate on something I can either suppress it or send that energy into it.

You're getting bogged into mental conceptualization. There are several traditions out there, but the emphasis in the beginning are tantamount:

1. Healthy body
2. Balanced flow of energy
3. Sustained focus

It's point number 3 many tend to forget. There are a myriad of different sensations in the body and the mind wants to attach to. Anything from this sensation or that sensation. The purpose isn't to necessarily focus on the feelings of energy per se, but to be aware of them since they really don't end even when your mind attempts sustained focus on a point (in fact they magnify). But your primary goal should not be to move beyond that point of sustained focus and concentration.

In this, does it really matter the game of sensations the mind is playing?

To further this point I want to go back to something else you mentioned that I touched on before:

Often when I sit in meditation after I've passed the initial stage of adjusting my posture and relaxing my muscles for 5 or so minutes I often start to feel pulsations of energy rush over my body, rising up my spine then gradually falling down my chest.

When beginning meditation, there are a lot of sensations. What is to say the thing that's flowing isn't phlegm, dampness or something else indicative of aggressive yang?

When there is a totality of relaxation, there is really nothing like it. Sure the sensations and things are still there, but they also do not matter. Relaxation is a multidimensional approach. When you are relaxed:

- body
- mind
- spirit
- ENERGY

are all relaxed.

A good example of this in standing meditation is an old saying that we used to state. If you're shaking, you're still not relaxed. When you're relaxed, the shake is minimal, almost non-existent. Your body is sustained and upright because it is effortless. The body tends to automatically correct itself and further the body is FULLY supported.

Internally, you still have a lot of sensations (e.g. I feel like I'm sitting or I feel a push / pull in my arms / legs). These aspects, while good checks of relaxation, should not be attached to. Sustain your focus.

I highly urge you to actually enroll in the below class if Kundalini is your thing:

http://kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/

I've heard of a lot of success stories of the controlled process and also emphasizes similar aspects that my lineage adheres to.

The pantajali sutras is also a good read for anyone interested in meditation. But ultimately, don't focus on it. Sustain focus. And kundalini comes. It's literally an outgrowth on right concentration (or sustained focus)