Author Topic: Increased power to wield universal energy through Eugenics  (Read 1503 times)

February 29, 2016, 09:15:32 AM
Read 1503 times

sulphurcrest

• Settling In

• View Profile
So I'm sure many of you have heard of Nazi Occultism where they allegedly wanted to build a better more magickal race that could wield the energetic power of the universe. Much inspired by the novel "The Coming Race" which I just read, where it talks about an underground race of people who after successive generations of breeding are able to exhibit power over a force called the Vril through their will.

When I used to practice Tai'Qi my teacher thought I was reasonably good at it and sensitive to the energetic currents and he believed that I must have had some Chinese ancestry to be able to do such things.

I'm currently reading "The Occult Roots of Nazism by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke".

Does anybody have some interesting information on this topic such as books or websites etc?

February 29, 2016, 09:42:46 AM
Reply #1

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
When I used to practice Tai'Qi my teacher thought I was reasonably good at it and sensitive to the energetic currents and he believed that I must have had some Chinese ancestry to be able to do such things.

The idea that magical practices and talent are somehow related to race is as far as I know mostly a 19Th century invention. There is no reason to assume that race has anything to do with it. Simply because of the fact that magic is not of a physical nature not to mention that race as a concept is a very problematic concept in itself.

I am also reading this book right now (more or less). Goodrick-Clarke is an acknowledged scholar on the subject of western esotericism.

February 29, 2016, 09:46:22 AM
Reply #2

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    <insert something cynical and sarcastic>
    • View Profile
    • Noein

Does anybody have some interesting information on this topic such as books or websites etc?

It's ethnocentric/racists nonsense... By the way, I have a background in Genetics.
Noein - A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.

March 01, 2016, 03:20:45 AM
Reply #3

sulphurcrest

• Settling In

• View Profile
yeah, I don't take it too seriously but I find it intriguing.

March 01, 2016, 06:26:15 AM
Reply #4

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    <insert something cynical and sarcastic>
    • View Profile
    • Noein

Too is a measure of you taking it seriously, which means you think it has some validity to it. Pretty much, that thinking is working from a premise that one race is better than another at something, and, from this, there is an idea of eugenics. Besides it being genetically invalid, it leads to evil ends more times than not(genocide, ethnic cleansing, forced sterilization, etc.). The first thing you have to understand about race is that it is intrinsically an arbitrary classification. It pretty much works via taking two groups of people and calling one A and the other B where you add in the offspring of an A will be an A and the offspring of a B will be a B. It also allows one to be explicit in terms of laws. For example, it allows one to state who can come to a country and who cannot or who is a slave and who isn't. In other words, it is an arbitrary classification  for a social construction which creates a framework in society. Because of this, it makes it so that it is weakly associated with genetics. What you said is intrinsically racists and/or ethnocentric because you start off with the possibility that one race and/or culture is better at something than another. You seem to conflate culture, which is learned, with genetics, which is your biological ancestry, so it is hard to tell if you are trying to say people of Asian decent would be better at manipulating energies or if the culture, itself, is better. The second one is a position can somewhat be defended. The first one not.

To be fair, the book pretty much talks about what people believe in where this does not necessarily mean they endorse it, so if you think it has validity in being authentic, then that is reasonable, but I hope you don't think the ideas, themselves, have any validity.

Psychic abilities are not directly genetic, so your reasons for a high degree of "natural ability" are going to be past lives/some knowledge a soul has prior to physical birth(I'm skeptical of this), culture(which is why I said it can be defended somewhat), or some type of construct as a by product of a cultural framework which people become linked to. The indirectly genetic component would be say something like a genetic trait which allows you to be more intuitive than other people(that is not psychic); however, you can't racially classify them. They become idiosyncratic to a person's particular lineage where it will average out in the whole population. If a person comes from a family of psychics, for example, it is going to be hard to tease out if a particular family culture and a set of beliefs influences their abilities, and in implementation of psychic abilities and such, you end up dealing with tacit knowledge. They have knowledge of how to do something, so it becomes a question of where that knowledge came from.

In energy manipulation, psychic abilities, magic, or any other metaphysical art, you are essentially dealing with how to frame a particular experience into an intention which does what you want. What is implicit is how you do it; however, that how is experiential, so it is derived from experiential knowledge which presupposes an experience of some sort. In other words, it is not so much a capability. It is more like knowing something where the problem then becomes where did it came from. Genetics does not give you a framework for that. Culture does. It is typically defined as you move energy from A to B with intention, but not all intentions result in that. A person can intend to perform a metaphysical action and it fall completely flat. There must be knowledge of how to frame that intention where what does that and determines what it is would be your experience. This means the knowledge is derived from your experience which gives rise to your intention which determines the direction of the outcome of what you are trying to do. Whenever a person invokes something, for example, they are pulling into themselves qualitative things, experientially, and, from that, knowledge of how to do things is obtained, because a part of you now becomes like whatever you invoked in such a way you have the knowledge to do what it does.  Of course there must be what I call "power" to which I do not synonymously use with energy, but you can read about that in an article I wrote called Psi Energy on my site in my signature.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:48:10 AM by Rayn »
Noein - A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.

March 01, 2016, 10:00:17 AM
Reply #5

sulphurcrest

• Settling In

• View Profile

Too is a measure of you taking it seriously, which means you think it has some validity to it. Pretty much, that thinking is working from a premise that one race is better than another at something, and, from this, there is an idea of eugenics. Besides it being genetically invalid, it leads to evil ends more times than not(genocide, ethnic cleansing, forced sterilization, etc.). The first thing you have to understand about race is that it is intrinsically an arbitrary classification. It pretty much works via taking two groups of people and calling one A and the other B where you add in the offspring of an A will be an A and the offspring of a B will be a B. It also allows one to be explicit in terms of laws. For example, it allows one to state who can come to a country and who cannot or who is a slave and who isn't. In other words, it is an arbitrary classification  for a social construction which creates a framework in society. Because of this, it makes it so that it is weakly associated with genetics. What you said is intrinsically racists and/or ethnocentric because you start off with the possibility that one race and/or culture is better at something than another. You seem to conflate culture, which is learned, with genetics, which is your biological ancestry, so it is hard to tell if you are trying to say people of Asian decent would be better at manipulating energies or if the culture, itself, is better. The second one is a position can somewhat be defended. The first one not.

To be fair, the book pretty much talks about what people believe in where this does not necessarily mean they endorse it, so if you think it has validity in being authentic, then that is reasonable, but I hope you don't think the ideas, themselves, have any validity.

Psychic abilities are not directly genetic, so your reasons for a high degree of "natural ability" are going to be past lives/some knowledge a soul has prior to physical birth(I'm skeptical of this), culture(which is why I said it can be defended somewhat), or some type of construct as a by product of a cultural framework which people become linked to. The indirectly genetic component would be say something like a genetic trait which allows you to be more intuitive than other people(that is not psychic); however, you can't racially classify them. They become idiosyncratic to a person's particular lineage where it will average out in the whole population. If a person comes from a family of psychics, for example, it is going to be hard to tease out if a particular family culture and a set of beliefs influences their abilities, and in implementation of psychic abilities and such, you end up dealing with tacit knowledge. They have knowledge of how to do something, so it becomes a question of where that knowledge came from.

In energy manipulation, psychic abilities, magic, or any other metaphysical art, you are essentially dealing with how to frame a particular experience into an intention which does what you want. What is implicit is how you do it; however, that how is experiential, so it is derived from experiential knowledge which presupposes an experience of some sort. In other words, it is not so much a capability. It is more like knowing something where the problem then becomes where did it came from. Genetics does not give you a framework for that. Culture does. It is typically defined as you move energy from A to B with intention, but not all intentions result in that. A person can intend to perform a metaphysical action and it fall completely flat. There must be knowledge of how to frame that intention where what does that and determines what it is would be your experience. This means the knowledge is derived from your experience which gives rise to your intention which determines the direction of the outcome of what you are trying to do. Whenever a person invokes something, for example, they are pulling into themselves qualitative things, experientially, and, from that, knowledge of how to do things is obtained, because a part of you now becomes like whatever you invoked in such a way you have the knowledge to do what it does.  Of course there must be what I call "power" to which I do not synonymously use with energy, but you can read about that in an article I wrote called Psi Energy on my site in my signature.

I appreciate the effort you put in to writing this, but like I said, my main inspiration has come from the book "the coming race" and other nazi-related conspiracies.

Yes, race is an arbitrary, I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of genetic engineering which creates a kind of "super-willpower" within individuals giving them the ability to manipulate psychic energies with their minds, such as telepathic and telekinetic aliens. Like this episode of the Simpsons featuring Ichy and Scratchy. For what it's worth, I am probably more so interested in fictional stories rather than wayward pseudo-scientific theories.