Author Topic: Visualized Meditation  (Read 1010 times)

January 06, 2016, 08:28:40 PM
Read 1010 times

sulphurcrest

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi,

I have had an interest in magick for quite a while now, but the vast majority of high magick rituals for me, I felt that I was just not really getting any where with my ritual work.

Then I found out that I could repeat rituals in my meditation using my imagination and in this state of trance I would have profound effects such as energy flying across my body or over my hands and in some instances where I fell asleep whilst in the meditation I experienced lucid dreaming like effects, which where originally some of the most profound and accidental magickal experiences I have ever had.

Can anyone recommend any books with regards to this trancelike state? I can't even get an accurate name for this technique, it's not quite astral travel or lucid dreaming or traditional visualized meditation or self-hypnosis but a mixture of all of these. I know that some people who have a really nice ritual space for their magickal endeavors probably have the ability to spend a few hours going into trance in their rituals, however I usually have to go and practice my rituals outside in the middle of night or something and then return home because of ants and other insects.

January 08, 2016, 02:20:01 AM
Reply #1

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
Sounds like a hypnagogic state.
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate