Author Topic: Since I've returned to "the community"  (Read 1968 times)

December 04, 2015, 10:22:58 PM
Read 1968 times

Magari

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The Only Constant is Change
    • View Profile
    • Modo Magi
So I've been studying and practicing magick and more specifically Alchemy, hermeticism, jungian psychology, shamanism, and sigils/thoughtforms for over 10 years now and I've experienced a wide range of changes in my reality and within myself.

Its taken me across the globe and changed my physical makeup. Its enlightened me to what I originally could only assume were consequences, introduced me to some of the most powerful people on earth, and given me experiences that I can only describe with the words used by mystics of the past and prophets in mythology. This includes passing through the eye of the needle, the alchemical marriage, the opening of the third eye, the long dark night, ect, ect. At this point everything regarding the path of the mystic has been covered and I'm beginning to explore ideas such as time, immortality, and yes.... aliens from other dimensions as well as physical beings from other planets.

However, upon my return to what I consider the occult community (which I will define as online forums, local groups, members of secret societies, and modern writers and their fans) I have encountered immense resistance to the lessons I've learned personally regarding the current situation of humanity, where we came from, and where we are going.

From where I stand, it seems like the occult community as a whole (and I'm speaking generally here) has failed to learn the lessons of the past and is in fact stuck in rediscovering those lessons in order to better understand where they fit as individuals within a modern society which has evolved immensely since the time of the ancient mystics.

It seems to me that the average human, while having no knowledge of the occult and is often atheist in modern society, is generally better suited to operate as a member of the modern body of humanity than your average occultist. To me this is simply because modern society is an evolution of an ancient one and when a certain practice or understanding becomes no longer sustainable, society adapts to satisfy the majority in order to maintain harmony with the greater body of humanity. Your average modern human only needs to understand how to operate in the current system in order to be successful in contributing to the body of humanity.

The pattern I've witnessed is that the more an individual can and will contribute to the greater body, the more elevated their position in terms of social status, money, and responsibility.

While the greater body of humanity grows and develops, leaders of mankind have conflicting ideas of which way it should go and therefore we encounter all forms of disagreements in history. We have seen brothers kill each other, tribes and nations at war. Politicians engage in slander, and corporations conducting hostile takeovers as well as extremely rich individuals using complex financial tools to ensure them and their supporters continue to experience success.

When I look at the history of the body of humanity I see struggles and obstacles, lessons learned, and maybe a few scars, but overall I see intense progress. The world as a whole has experienced great accomplishments in thwarting violence, disease, and poverty.

Suffering and chaos is an ever present constant, but its obvious to me that we have eased suffering along the way and made so many advancements in our understanding of the chaos that surrounds us. Without considering my current research, its impressive to think that we once barely understood the movement of the herds, the tides, or the weather. Now we have the ability to look into the canyons of planets across our solar system and collect samples from the rock.

The earth has impressively gone from only being able to create single celled organisms that could barely tell light from dark to what humanity is today.

While the struggle is constant and real and everyday brings new problems to be solved, I don't believe my faith in humanity to be blind.

However, that which raised me, "the occult community" feels like its now turning on me. The general occultist in my latest experiences have been poor, uneducated, uninvolved with society, and wrapped up and confused by theories that do nothing to empower them, but only enslave them with their own fear and doubt in the stability of the body of humanity. The sources of their information are individuals no better off than themselves and create enemies out of individuals who are genuinely trying to help them.

I'm so confused and sad. On one hand I care so much for the community and truly believe in the potential of individuals who seek to understand the subtle workings of the universe, but on the other I have little patience for cancerous individuals who would rather witness the apocalypse or organize an outright revolution because they think the world is flat and the luxuries of the developed world just aren't good enough.

Its even worse when they speak in the place of individuals who they've never met on the opposite side of the globe as if they have experienced whatever atrocity they read about in the news first hand.

So confused.

December 05, 2015, 01:08:19 AM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I think a lot of people simply do not have the tools or the community available to them to become so progressive as some would like. Some of us are stuck in the 'dark night', others are just getting out of it, and others still haven't entered for whatever reason. My faith in humanity hasn't gone away completely, because I see how much of them I hate and dislike are because of things I feel I cannot change nor want to change about myself. It's a tough road coming from being a victim, victimizing others, helping others to see passed the victim mentality to understanding we were never really victims just learning something new for our evolution, although the trials may have been exhausting and frightening, even debilitating. As long as we can keep going forward, understanding none of us are perfect and are never going to be, that we can still excel at life and love, personal and social, and hold the torch, at least a part of its spark, for the next group and generation of seekers and students. As seekers and students ourselves, we will always have doubts and judgments about others, but as long as we can hold true to the heart of our path we do not need to be confused but just know that we are doing our very best personally and socially to bring about a new, or at least healthier, humanity.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

December 05, 2015, 12:24:26 PM
Reply #2

Magari

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The Only Constant is Change
    • View Profile
    • Modo Magi

December 08, 2015, 04:34:05 PM
Reply #3

Redd

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
The Online Energy Community is sort of like a wannabe Occult Community.  In general, the people have a basic understanding of the concepts but have never been initiated and they've never really crossed that line.  I don't even consider the OEC to be practicing genuine magick or psionics.  If you actually look at what they practice, it can be much more accurately described as role playing and group delusion.

December 09, 2015, 05:31:40 AM
Reply #4

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The Online Energy Community is sort of like a wannabe Occult Community.  In general, the people have a basic understanding of the concepts but have never been initiated and they've never really crossed that line.  I don't even consider the OEC to be practicing genuine magick or psionics. 

Are you implying that because people are not initiated in an occult order they don't practice genuine magick or psionics? Why would that be the case?

If you actually look at what they practice, it can be much more accurately described as role playing and group delusion.

I would love to hear some examples of that.

December 09, 2015, 10:06:24 AM
Reply #5

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The Online Energy Community is sort of like a wannabe Occult Community.  In general, the people have a basic understanding of the concepts but have never been initiated and they've never really crossed that line.  I don't even consider the OEC to be practicing genuine magick or psionics. 

Are you implying that because people are not initiated in an occult order they don't practice genuine magick or psionics? Why would that be the case?
Because the illuminati orders stockpile and hoard all the secrets of the universe to themselves, and they only share if you're a good little boy or girl ;)

In general though, Redd isn't too far off. But many occult communities are actually in the same boat. The OEC was supposed to be an unofficial unaffiliated group of websites that accepted discussions of three general categorizations of metaphysics (body/energy, psionics, magic) rather than focusing on only one of those aspects as many other communities do.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

February 02, 2016, 12:24:21 AM
Reply #6

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
I would say this is all basically absolute bullshit. And that goes for both of you. (Redd and Magari)

Reread your post and check yourself when you complain about people being poor, uneducated, etc. and how humanity and mystics have made no progress. Look at your own attitude and how you are looking down on others because they are not "initiated" and in your eyes, not good enough for you. Wouldn't this basically be an admission of your own elitism and bitterness? Does this sound like it's coming from someone who has made any spiritual progress or has any insight?

I'm sorry, but there's plenty of people who are spiritual, and who practice, but have learned mostly from books and have never taken a class (myself included). There are traditions and practices that don't have fruity ritualistic "initiation" processes. Some of these traditions (meditative Yoga and Qigong/Taoist alchemy) are obscure or hard to find instruction in, in the west. Does that mean you can't learn from books and practice? Shouldn't the gauge of whether someone is genuine or not be based not on if they received initiation, but rather based on their sincerity in practice, or the achievements they've made? I've practiced Qigong, Yoga and meditation for 18 years now, and for 15 of those with the kundalini, learning mostly from books and videos. But according to you, since I haven't been "initiated" I don't know anything at all and haven't made any progress?

Further, you complain about contributing to society or contributing to mysticism, where is your contribution? The website in your sig? My contribution to Veritas is in my signature, and some of those things go back to 2004. So why are you coming to this community and complaining if you are not going to contribute?

Maybe it's something with your ego, and jealously vs Veritas, how long it's been around and your small time website. I don't really know.

If you don't want to contribute here and you think everyone is not good enough, and that we're all role playing, then just leave  :teethy:

Modo Magi website: 200 Posts in 62 Topics by 41 Members.

The Veritas Society: 211399 Posts in 15624 Topics by 16273 Members.

I think that about says it all  :HA!:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:36:23 AM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.