Read 1011 times

Magari

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The Only Constant is Change
    • View Profile
    • Modo Magi
Magari is the username.

Been studying the occult for quite some time now, 28 years of age, introduced to it around 15-16. I'm confident in the tarot, chaos magick, alchemy, and entheogens.

I grew up and live on a 60 acre ranch in the middle of nowhere Colorado, USA. Very grateful to be surrounded by nature and I'm constantly referencing native american animal totems. I believe my spirit animal for a very long time was the red-tailed hawk, but recently I've been walking with the mountain lion as well. Other animals come and go, but the snake showed up recently.

The paradigm I attached to the most during my initial studies was hermeticism. I fell in love with "The Emerald Tablet: Alchemy for Personal Transformation" by Dennis Hauck. I use the stages of Alchemy to measure myself all the time along with my spirit animals.

Huge fan of modern science as well and Carl Jung's work in psychology. Personally I prefer to believe that any and all "spirits" and "gods" exist within the collective consciousness of humanity and all the work I've done up until this point has only proven this.

I have had many experiences during normal meditation as well as entheogen induced altered states where I can only explain it "Piercing the veil" or "Passing through the eye of the needle".

God, or the source is very real to me and my sensitivity to the subtle energies is very intense.

These sensitivities were brought to life on the battlefield when I served in the US Military for 4 years deploying to Afghanistan twice as a paratrooper on the frontlines, first as a grenadier and RTO, secondly as a Sniper Section Leader.

Before the military though I studied technology heavily, was extremely versed in computer networking and Linux server administration. Now after having been out of the military for a little over 2 years I'm studying International Business, pursuing my bachelors degree and have a career in IT management lined up for when I successfully graduate.

Thanks for having me. Hopefully I can add some value. This place seems very professional and friendly at the same time.

November 21, 2015, 05:45:47 PM
Reply #1

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
Welcome. :) It's nice to have you. I hope you enjoy Veritas and stay for a while.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

November 24, 2015, 12:43:40 PM
Reply #2

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Welcome here :). Really good to have another chaote on the board (at least paradigm based arguments will be way more interesting).

P.S. There used to be a tradition here on Veritas to give a welcoming cow to a new member, so here is your (a bit late) cow :cow:

November 28, 2015, 07:33:41 PM
Reply #3

Magari

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The Only Constant is Change
    • View Profile
    • Modo Magi
lol

I'm digging your articles Akenu, its interesting that most of them are outside the Magick board though.

Thanks for the cow, am I supposed to do something specific with it?

November 29, 2015, 12:14:07 AM
Reply #4

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Magari: Nothing specific, it's just a tradition :). And yes, my articles are mostly in the Theories, Articles and Philosophy section :)

December 01, 2015, 08:51:59 PM
Reply #5

Steropes

• Settling In

• View Profile
    • Tibetan Heart Yoga
Welcome aboard Magari. Have a cow on me :)  :cow:
Mindís nature is and always has been buddha. It has neither birth nor cessation, like space.

~ Garab Dorje