Author Topic: The Divine Science (TDS) Ramose (Prophecy) and Veos- Open discussion  (Read 40071 times)

April 28, 2016, 05:55:28 AM
Reply #345

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
...you back-stabbing disgusting snake...

Oooh, ok, colourful. In fact, it has made me want to wax poetic as well:

Well, go fuck yourself
you sorcerous, deluded
shit-postmodern fool.

And with that haiku, I finally bid you adieu, you insufferable asshat.  :biggrin:
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

April 28, 2016, 12:53:48 PM
Reply #346

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
...you back-stabbing disgusting snake...

Oooh, ok, colourful. In fact, it has made me want to wax poetic as well:

Well, go fuck yourself
you sorcerous, deluded
shit-postmodern fool.

And with that haiku, I finally bid you adieu, you insufferable asshat.  :biggrin:

15 days. It took you 15 days to process that and give some sort of answer, and that answer sucked... Seriously Ekstatikos, step up the game.

April 28, 2016, 04:14:46 PM
Reply #347

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Fuck the video title, check the video, it's very interesting.
i did listen to the 13 minute video. Did you read the cracked article and/or study up on "brainwashing" / mental programming / cults / indoctrination / subliminal messaging / mind control / god knows however other many names people have put to it, in order to actually attempt to understand the complexity of the issues that you and Rods keep bringing up by throwing around the words cult and brain washing?

For instance, are you aware that your place of work (or most places of work at least) fit one of the standardized definitions of the term cult, and employ "brain washing" concepts?

Are you also aware that the majority of people at Veritas are actually rather intelligent and can tend to spot exaggeration and bias when they see it?

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

April 29, 2016, 12:22:33 AM
Reply #348

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Steve: I did skim the article.
As for the work related cultic behavior, I find that to be more American thing really (I work in American company and those town hall meetings are somertimes too much).

Please remember I come from a country where we used to be brainwashed by communism, we are very sensitive to such manipulations and also very defensive and because of this I also have a different line of what is and what isn't acceptable.

April 29, 2016, 04:33:53 PM
Reply #349

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
My point was that you're still being brain washed and maybe just don't seem to realize it. The most basic and pervasive form of brainwashing goes by a very well known and oft-repeated name: peer pressure.

[warning: meandering thoughts below, as I'm writing this up while eating before work]
As for the video, I believe I can basically sum up his point in saying that he is "really" saying the people who go to those places aren't really being brainwashed, they're just going somewhere that they can feel like they belong, where they can feel accepted (fulfilling an emotional need rather than a mental need). So his advice of give them attention and caring and make them feel like they belong, that sounds exactly like the "brainwashing victims" are merely seeking out someone or some group of people who will accept them, which they obviously haven't been finding among friends and family members.

But this begs the question: if the family and friends already care so little about a person that that person has to seek out a cult in order to feel loved... is that same family and friends going to put forth much effort in order to bring the "loved one" back? The answer is "Sometimes yes, and other times no", because sometimes the neglect is simply due to an overwhelming amount of OTHER social pressures and has nothing to do with apathy towards the person who feels like an outcast. Other times, and I'm working with one person at work right now who fits this bill, the person is given a sense of belonging to the group by other members of the group, constantly being told that we enjoy the person's company, yet still complains that nobody wants them there; it's cripplingly low self-esteem on their part. So the victim isn't just a victim of the cult, they're also a victim of their own nature which leads them to seek acceptance at a cult in the first place.

Of course, this desire to feel like we belong somewhere, or to be accepted, seems to be a deep impetus within the majority of humanity, and we call it our social nature. It is an incredibly powerful driving force in many many peoples' lives, but it is also an incredibly complex issue because almost every single interaction between two or more humans have varying degrees or nuances of social influence (by the very nature of social influence requiring social interaction, and social interaction leading to exchanges of words, feelings, physical touches, etc that influence how the other person reacts: stimuli -> reaction); so does me saying "Hey Bill" to my coworker seem like brainwashing? It can be, depending on how I use it (since the majority of our communication is non-verbal). On the other hand, if I'm just saying "Hi Bill" to greet him at the beginning of the day, then that's all it is. And on the other-other hand, referencing the type of person that I mentioned I'm working with above, sometimes the entirety of the "influence" is entirely within the person's own mind; the person literally does it to them self, no matter what others say.

@Steve: I did skim the article.
Did you notice that when I linked the article I used the first example from page 2? How many people can be honest with themselves about their own manners of brainwashing, or social influencing, that they use on others? Or, an even more fundamental question, how many people even realize that they subconsciously use brainwashing techniques in order to influence the actions, attitudes, and beliefs of the people they interact with?

Hell, we could start an entire new topic on this.

~Steve
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:39:59 PM by Steve »
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?