Poll

Do you approve of the -revised- rule as proposed?

I approve.
9 (90%)
I do not approve.
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 29, 2015, 05:37:57 PM

Author Topic: Vote Part II: Advertisement of External Groups (The Reckoning)  (Read 1087 times)

October 22, 2015, 05:37:57 PM
Read 1087 times

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
(Continuing from http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,23529.0.html)

With 83.3% of the Staff vote, and 63.6% of the Member vote, the rule regarding "Advertisement of External Groups" has passed.  There was no Council vote.

However, I have asked that this vote not be put into effect yet.  After some private discussions, I realized that the Council did not ask for this responsibility, nor were they comfortable with the idea.  Therefore, I propose a revision:

Change this rule:
"No recruitment or advertisement of external groups, orders, or schools is allowed without the permission of a member of the Veritas Council.  Discussions of experiences and validity are allowed."

...to the following:
"On-topic groups and organizations may announce events or recruit only if they do not require a financial commitment at any level.  Discussion and testimonials about groups and organizations is allowed."

The intent behind the rule stays the same, which is that our Truths should be available to everyone, regardless of their financial status (personal opinion).  While this wording does prevent some legitimate groups from advertising, it also removes the responsibility placed on the Council to be "watchmen"/"judges" in addition to their other tasks.  Whether or not a group charges for knowledge will be easily researchable, and enforceable, by all of our moderators without Council involvement.

Should this revision pass, it will replace the rule just passed on October 21st (EDT).  If this revision does not pass, the October 21st rule will take effect.

You have seven days to vote, and you may change your vote.

October 29, 2015, 06:04:28 PM
Reply #1

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
With 100% of the staff vote, and 90% of the member vote, the revision has passed.