Author Topic: progressing with meditation practice  (Read 2508 times)

August 14, 2015, 08:04:08 PM
Read 2508 times

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    • My facebook, add if you want
I have recently ran into a problem with meditation practice.

What i typically do is lie down, eyes closed, and focus on my breath. I dont sit because it tends to hurt my lower back.

Im getting bored of this though. Ive been doing it for years. And im noticing also that ive stopped really getting anywhere with this.

Does anyone know any alternatives i can do, laying down to maybe cure some boredom or spark up progress again? I mean progrsss as in i honestly dont feel my meditation sessions having much of an impact anymore. I feel like i should be having spiritual experiences etc.. i want stuff like that.

Thanks in advance.

August 15, 2015, 01:02:34 AM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Looking for spiritual experience is probably what is getting in your way. Expectation can destroy the progress.

Being bored is just a step on the path to cultivation, your mind is just getting in your way and not letting you integrate yourself with yourself. In other words, don't seek and just be and that will lead to natural spiritual experiences in time. In Zen Buddhist speak, the mastery of meditation is Void, boredom is the illusion the mind casts to keep you attached to desire.

If you are not seeking to be a Zen Master then creative visualization may help. Pathworking, such as through the Qabalistic Tree of Life or to the Underworld to meet a spirit guide, can be fun. All you need is a creative memory or a recording to take you through the process. Yoga Nidra is also an excellent way to enhance meditation that involves utilizing all five senses that puts your body to sleep at the same time keeping your mind awake.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

August 15, 2015, 06:47:05 PM
Reply #2

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    • My facebook, add if you want
That all makes a lot of sense.. thank you a bunch!  :)

August 15, 2015, 11:51:01 PM
Reply #3

IIHbuddy89

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
What kind of meditation do you do exactly? Just focusing on your breath?

Why are you meditating in the first place? What do you want to achieve?

If you don't have a specific purpose that keep you going on the long run, meditation (and everything else) can become boring, because you don't even know why are you doing this anymore, it just became a useless habit.

So why are you meditating?