Author Topic: A question concerning Taoist Alechemy  (Read 3758 times)

August 03, 2015, 12:25:24 AM
Read 3758 times

TheAghora

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I've been reading, studying, and meditating a lot about this, though I'm still having difficulty finding an answer for this. When Qi is refined to Jing, Jing is refined to Shen/Spirit, and Spirit is refined to Emptiness, I can't find anything that explains how this is done, not exactly anyway. The process of "birthing" the yang body seems to be the entire goal, at least in everything that I'm reading. The yang body must go through 1,000 to 10,000 transformations prior returning to the physical structure. Though, I've also read that when you can empty your mind, with nothing is within your mind, when you lose the idea of dualism, of attachment, when you separate nothing, you have already reached the state of Emptiness; you are already in Wuji when you do this. Some of what I read make the Dao seem like it is something far away, though from some of the more prominent writers on the Dao, they say that the Dao is something you are born from and is always part of you, you cannot be separated or escape from it; that it's about realization of that fact.

What is a bit irritating about this is

1) The lack of material. Not that the amount of material is lacking, it's that a lot of the material has been written in poems, and many of which are very short. So you can understand it in any way that you want, it allows for a lot of interpretation.

2) It's difficult to find material that isn't a mixture of Taoism, Buddhism, etc. It's difficult to find something coming from the original source of the information, and not something mixed in and added later on.

I know that a lot of people here are very intelligent and have a good understanding of Taoism, and the process of Alchemy within it. One of the ways sounds similar to Western magic, which has been described as the immortal self; something that you have to give "birth to", in a spiritual sense. Though at the same time, it sounds quite a bit different, as when they speak of "birth", from my understanding it's not really birth, that is just the choice of wording. Though the order method that I've found seems to be far less alchemical and it doesn't seem to match up with a lot of what I've learned so far, it doesn't have anything to do with the Yang body, etc.

If anyone can shed some light on this, please do.

Thanks

August 03, 2015, 01:59:37 AM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
They are written in poems for the very reason you are struggling with - they are not supposed to make sense to lay people, but the sages that may come across the wisdom in further lifetimes or for lineage holding students of alchemy. Much like how Aleister Crowley speaks in very hard to understand ways, the materials are meant for magical adepts and Thelemite initiates. It's that simple in regards to information.

When it comes to transmuting Jing to Qi to Shen, it is achieved through hard physical training found in Shaolin style Kung Fu or any other external based martial art (Hung Gar, Praying Mantis, Monkey Fist; almost all kung fu styles have a balance of internal and external, but Shaolin is considered a 'hard style' because of its methods of issuing power and concentration on calisthenic strength and iron body).

Next is refining your organic systems, nerves, tendons, ligaments, bones, blood and breath, and meridian channels through more internal oriented styles such as Xing Yi Quan, Ba Gua Zhang, and Taijiquan or qigong methods such as Yi Quan (stance practice with breathing techniques), or any of the countless styles found throughout China.

Shen training is the state where your mind, Shen, is able to direct qi through intent (Yi), which Yi Quan teaches at the highest levels (all internal schools seek this at the master levels, where something greater than the physical body takes over in combat and healing, which may or may not be divine depending on the school). Shen and beyond are usually achieved through deep meditation and nei gong (Internal Alchemy, different from the misconception of qigong, which is only the essence of breath and movement which strengthens the body, internal organs, and helps the meridians flow properly, where nei gong is where one develops the Dan Ti'ens and higher states of consciousness).

In Ba Gua Zhang we learn of three methods of power which helps one understand the levels of refinement from Jing to Shen:

Min Jin - Geometric and Muscular Power. Strength conditioning, Iron Body.
An Jin - Tendon and Ligament Power. Spiraling, Coiling, Myofascial release, Pulling and Reeling of the Silk (Eight Silken Brocades).
Hua Jin - Mysterious Power. Sung (Relaxation), Grounding, Breathing, Empty Force Strikes, Golden Bell (Similar to Iron Body, only instead of the tissues and bones only being solid from years of striking training, the organs are said to have a sheath of energy around them making the entire body more pliable. At the highest level this is what the Daoists may refer to as the Golden Body, hence the term Golden Bell, and what the Tantric Buddhist of Tibet may call the Rainbow Body).

It seems you are looking for practices from a purely Daoist perspective, but delving into the Tantric tradition of Yoga may help, after all, a lot of what the Daoists teach is from Yogic traditions. Study up on 'amrita' and you will find some interesting Yogi theories for gaining immortality.

I hope this helps, and I know there are others that are much more evolved on this path than myself on Veritas. Good luck.  :wink:
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

August 03, 2015, 03:31:02 PM
Reply #2

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
I've been reading, studying, and meditating a lot about this, though I'm still having difficulty finding an answer for this. When Qi is refined to Jing, Jing is refined to Shen/Spirit, and Spirit is refined to Emptiness, I can't find anything that explains how this is done, not exactly anyway. 

I can give a basic over simplification of some of this.

Jing is the stuff the material body is made of. Qi is "Energy," which exists in everything. Shen is Consciousness, which is what the Mind (Yi and Xin) is made of. When you accumulate lots of Qi and store it inside you (in the Dantian), you can transmute it to Jing. This strengthens the body, makes you more healthy, stuff like that. As you get a stronger Jing, you can refine your Qi too. Qi can be pure or toxic, and the more you purge the toxins, the better everything will be for lots of reasons (think sewer water vs clear mountain stream; which is healthier?). And as you do all of this work, Shen becomes stronger - with stronger Jing, and better Qi, Consciousness too becomes refined. The mind expands and evolves to experience new things. Deeper states of meditation, more focus and clarity, higher states of awareness. And lots more.

As for how to do all of that, it really depends. Every school has a different method. You can learn to do most of it with physical exercises, you can do most of it with meditation and internal exercises, or you can do a combination of both like most of the old Masters did. It just depends on your personal preferences, which school and method you wish to get involved with.

The process of "birthing" the yang body seems to be the entire goal, at least in everything that I'm reading. 

Read more stuff. The creation of the Immortal Self is only one of many paths in Daoist and Buddhist Qigong Tradition.

1) The lack of material. Not that the amount of material is lacking, it's that a lot of the material has been written in poems, and many of which are very short. So you can understand it in any way that you want, it allows for a lot of interpretation. 

In order to understand the writings, you need to understand the context, the life and time, the culture and nature of the writer - the things they knew, and put into the writing.

If you read Rime of The Ancient Mariner without understanding all of the allegories and symbols that are passingly mentioned, you just have a nice arrangement of pretty words. When you do understand the context and contents, that nice arrangement becomes much deeper with an entirely different meaning. The same if you read Ode To A Grecian Urn without understanding all the Greek references. Education in "The Classics," Greek and Roman Literature, was standard education in the time of these poets even though it is optional higher education today. By studying what they knew, you understand the context, and therefore you understand the writing they put down with their knowledge.

Just like the Daoist Poems. To most, they are pretty words. To those educated in Daoist tradition and culture, they make more sense. So, get to studying. If you want to really learn the full depths of Daoist Alchemy, the only way you'll do that is by fully adopting Chinese culture and understanding of the tradition, immersing yourself in things that are strange to outsiders and common knowledge to natives of the tradition.

2) It's difficult to find material that isn't a mixture of Taoism, Buddhism, etc. It's difficult to find something coming from the original source of the information, and not something mixed in and added later on. 

I'm not sure I understand the problem here. The original material is Daoist, Buddhist, and occasional mixtures thereof since Daoists and Buddhists were neighbors and sometimes (though rarely) shared knowledge.

I know that a lot of people here are very intelligent and have a good understanding of Taoism, and the process of Alchemy within it. One of the ways sounds similar to Western magic, which has been described as the immortal self; something that you have to give "birth to", in a spiritual sense. Though at the same time, it sounds quite a bit different, as when they speak of "birth", from my understanding it's not really birth, that is just the choice of wording. Though the order method that I've found seems to be far less alchemical and it doesn't seem to match up with a lot of what I've learned so far, it doesn't have anything to do with the Yang body, etc.

It is a literal birth, but not in the traditional sense of a physical birth.

When you create the Golden Embryo and give birth to the Immortal Self, you are creating a dense and "complete" energy body within your current body. When it comes time to die, you transfer your mind into this body, step out of your physical body, and so the physical body dies - but you don't, and thus, "immortality."

To get you started in making better sense of all this, I highly recommend the work of Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming. He has an extraordinary talent of helping Western people understand the spiritual and martial heritage of China, which he considers true treasures.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

August 03, 2015, 08:34:25 PM
Reply #3

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Learning a complete system of internal alchemy from most of the material out there especially the more esoteric documents written in codes and poems would be extremely difficult. I would recommend joining an organization or school that teachers it as a complete system in all of its steps. You can't cook a meal with only two steps, and you cant completely develop internal alchemy with just 1-2 meditations because there are necessary elements to transforming, combining, purifying, and circulating the energies within yourself that require precise approaches. TDS outer school has years or more realistically a potential lifetime worth if internal alchemy and another system i'm vaguely familiar with is the Kunlun system you could look into if TDS doesn't appeal to you.

Internal alchemy is an incredibly effective approach for spiritual development, developing spiritual faculties, and improving your health though it certainly requires precision and well honed technique to advance in. Just as anything does really :)

October 10, 2015, 11:20:08 AM
Reply #4

Peoples Champion

• Settling In

• View Profile
If you are looking for internal alchemy which is extremely practical and very specific, I have to recommend Jerry Alan Johnson. He has written multiple volumes of internal energy which is an international standard used by the way. It is filled with volumes of actual practical information, and it has a lot of diagrams as well so you understand what he is talking about. People get intimidated by the size of the books when really it is actually a simple read.

I cannot emphasize how detailed his books are as well, and the price you pay for it is very affordable compared to other spiritual schools. You will also get multiple meditations and techniques, each one for different things, absorbing the energy of trees, mountains, lakes, rivers, and even caves the specific types of caves and the energies each will have.

To those that will say it is dangerous, that is not true at all. If you ignore the things he said then of course you will get hurt, that applies to anything in life, including something as simple as cooking, you just burn some food and leave it burning you will start a fire!

The portability of it is nice as well, as you are given everything from the get go. Every single technique is listed and his website does have a syllabus on how you should practice it and he does have objective ways to test how you are doing so you don’t fall into delusions of grandeur. No having to uproot your life for spiritual pursuit.

All in all I have to recommend him as he is very detailed, no nonsense, and to the point. That is a big selling point to me personally as I got tired of learning pointless information that you objectively don’t use and it’s just at that point just some neat facts but nothing useful.

He also does go into magic, and very detailed no nonsense as well.

The amount of practical techniques is honestly astonishing as you have long meditations that involve specific hand seals, tongue seals, it is very precise and specific.

Being a former student of the divine science I have outlined the dangers inherit in it. Hence why I have said the "internal alchemy" in it is simply going to lead to issues. Just click on my post history and you will see post I had in the probationer enrollment for August 2015, even with pictures outlined in his books.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:04:49 PM by Peoples Champion »

October 11, 2015, 11:54:09 PM
Reply #5

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I personally trained with an ex-disciple of Sifu Johnson's and met Sifu Johnson on two occasions in my youth. One was for a medical qigong session and the other was for a talk my father was attending (on the release of one of his medical qigong books). He is the real deal and I have never met anybody with his level of skill since. His knowledge is vast, simple, and practical, but it can be dangerous without instruction directly under a qualified DMQ, Daoist Priest/ess, or Sifu of his or a similar lineage. Surface level teaching are okay, but like with anything truly esoteric or magical, such as spirit binding, transmuting Jing to Qi to Shen, or even something as seemingly simple as Iron Palm, it is best to have an initiate help you or you can very easily fool (and harm) yourself; even if a book gives you all the warnings it's not the same as having a master perceive something and prevent or heal a fault written information simply cannot do.

You should also be aware that his books are expensive - $70-1,000 per book, which you can find online. For serious practitioners he is the Dean of Five Branches which has schools in Santa Cruz and San Diego California, and some of his high level disciples (and Sifu Johnson himself on occasion) teach Daoist Wizardry and Medical Qigong in Monterey, California (daoistmagic.com), but it's not cheap. I never had the money to train directly under Sifu Johnson, but from what my Sifu taught me (the baby steps), I have a fairly good grasp on the fighting mechanics of internal boxing even if my lingo is a bit shoddy and mainly learned how to utilize Water methods of qigong for self-care and healing.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

October 12, 2015, 12:58:48 AM
Reply #6

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
but it's not cheap

That's an understatement - he charges $800/hour. Expensive books is one thing, but that's just silly.

October 12, 2015, 01:20:47 AM
Reply #7

Rodz

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I personally trained with an ex-disciple of Sifu Johnson's and met Sifu Johnson on two occasions in my youth. One was for a medical qigong session and the other was for a talk my father was attending (on the release of one of his medical qigong books). He is the real deal and I have never met anybody with his level of skill since. His knowledge is vast, simple, and practical, but it can be dangerous without instruction directly under a qualified DMQ, Daoist Priest/ess, or Sifu of his or a similar lineage. Surface level teaching are okay, but like with anything truly esoteric or magical, such as spirit binding, transmuting Jing to Qi to Shen, or even something as seemingly simple as Iron Palm, it is best to have an initiate help you or you can very easily fool (and harm) yourself; even if a book gives you all the warnings it's not the same as having a master perceive something and prevent or heal a fault written information simply cannot do.

You should also be aware that his books are expensive - $70-1,000 per book, which you can find online. For serious practitioners he is the Dean of Five Branches which has schools in Santa Cruz and San Diego California, and some of his high level disciples (and Sifu Johnson himself on occasion) teach Daoist Wizardry and Medical Qigong in Monterey, California (daoistmagic.com), but it's not cheap. I never had the money to train directly under Sifu Johnson, but from what my Sifu taught me (the baby steps), I have a fairly good grasp on the fighting mechanics of internal boxing even if my lingo is a bit shoddy and mainly learned how to utilize Water methods of qigong for self-care and healing.

As someone who owns the books, read some, and talked to the daughter, Leah, who trained directly under her father Jerry told us that her father wrote everything in the books. She told People's Champ and I that a teacher is not necessary but would be helpful. The books were about $1500 for all of them. But that is every single one. An entire system of Daoism. In the books he tells you how to do objective tests on yourself to see you own progress. He does give warnings about practices if you do something and you are not ready for it. This would be like the instructions saying "don't add gasoline to a fire" and you do it anyway. It is your fault at that point for hurting yourself. $1500 for an entire system is far cheaper than many orders with dues. The money that was People spent on those books, even just the first book, he learned far more than in other esoteric schools. Very practical information as well in the books. Not many lofty subjects.

Since he gives you ways to tests yourself, if someone actually does do something to hurt them self, it is because that person over estimated himself and did not listen to the warnings. He gives a complete system, a way to test yourself, without the need of a teacher as confirmed by the daughter herself who is skilled in internal energy.

The only danger that lies in it is if someone doesn't follow the instructions outlined in the books, skips ahead, or thinks they are at a higher level than they are. Considering he gives you objective tests for the student to test himself, it would be out of ego at that point.

If you can be objective enough on yourself, it is a fantastic system. Very very detailed and practical.

October 12, 2015, 01:57:31 AM
Reply #8

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
At the end of the day, I maintain that it's still no replacement for human instruction. A book can't answer questions, can't customize training regimes, can't diagnose problems, can't offer the benefit of experience, can't offer complementary exercises or knowledge, can't do direct work on the student, can't act as a living role model to demonstrate both the legitimacy of the system and the way a practitioner should conduct their life.

October 12, 2015, 04:35:46 AM
Reply #9

Peoples Champion

• Settling In

• View Profile
At the end of the day, I maintain that it's still no replacement for human instruction. A book can't answer questions, can't customize training regimes, can't diagnose problems, can't offer the benefit of experience, can't offer complementary exercises or knowledge, can't do direct work on the student, can't act as a living role model to demonstrate both the legitimacy of the system and the way a practitioner should conduct their life.

Normally I would agree with you.

But he explains everything incredibly detailed. I haven't had questions as the information builds upon itself. People are always hesitant for that reason I noticed or they spout it's dangerous, which again shows me they haven't tried reading it which is understandable.

Many diagrams are also shown to explain what he is talking about. His teaching ability I am pretty impressed by as he managed to pull off explaining things so thoroughly you don't encounter questions, he will also reference things again and expound upon previous concepts he talks about.

Best way to put it is he wrote it in a easy to understand way so even a child could read it no problem. The way he teaches is impressive. I'm not talking at all about the books at that point, just that the way he explain things in such detailed is really impressive.

The size of the books can be intimidating, it does that a lot. But once you actually read and open the first page you begin to see how simple he explains everything.

Questions will pop up, but if you continue to read it it will be answered. For example when he explained the standing postures, I had a question in my mind thinking "can it be done sitting or lying down?"

As I continued to read he does say that standing postures are only given to someone who is starting to get really healthy, which implies yes it can be done sitting or lying down.

Then he directly answered it when I continued to read further and saw that he directly says it can as long as the 18 rules of postures are followed.

October 12, 2015, 07:56:23 AM
Reply #10

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
For your sake I'm glad you're enjoying the system and hope it works out for you, but I at the end of the day I stand by what I said about nothing replacing an actual teacher.

Nobody can put the entirety of their knowledge on a subject into words and diagrams - some of it just can't be conveyed that way. I didn't believe that for a long time, but life has taught me otherwise. I tried to teach myself meditation, only to improve by orders of magnitude in my progress when I sought out personal instruction. And the same happened with magic. And again with qi gong.

Why not get the best of both worlds and seek out JAJ or one of his disciples to study under? Nothing like a win/win ;)

October 12, 2015, 12:36:53 PM
Reply #11

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I have read Sifu Johnson's previous books on Baguazhang (Pa Kua Chang as he spells it) which was the system I learned. They were the first internal boxing books I ever read and even though he does explain the material in good detail in easy to understand language he clearly states in the beginning of the text that the books are written as reminders for students. I learned a lot from the book concerning Yiquan and internal energy cultivation from his books among other authors, but nothing compared to having my first lessons with my Sifu. My skill improved 100 fold after my first 3 months of practice compared to several years of learning from books and YouTube. I also attended a Taijiquan seminar under a Lineage holder of Chen Family Style Taijiquan and my understanding of Taijji and Nei Gong, once again, improved 100 fold because I had a teacher guiding me and correcting minor flaws in posture, breath, and movement that simply cannot be done without an instructor.

There is also the fabled idea of 'Transference' you are missing from solitary training. You can develop deep awareness of your qi and improve your fitness, fighting, or whatever, all on your own, but the shared consciousness of master and disciple is something you just can't get with a book.

Was the People's Champion a student of Sifu Johnson's previously or had any other prior training before speaking with Sifu Johnson's daughter? I had many years of martial arts training and basic qigong and meditation before I trained with my Sifu which is the only reason he taught me so many high level aspects of internal combat and told me it was okay to study out of Sifu Johnson's books. It's hard to believe that she would say it is okay to learn directly from the books because I have read elsewhere from Sifu Johnson that qigong and Daoist Magic can be very dangerous because you are dealing with ancient entities and energies uncommon to would-be magicians. Even my Sifu who was a direct disciple for over 20 years ran into problems.

Have a DMQ or Lineage holding Daoist Wizard on hand when embarking on your journey just in case, other wise you really would be fooling yourself. There is a reason beyond just holding secrets Thunder Wizardry is taught in temples or directly under adepts. Best of luck to you.

October 13, 2015, 12:20:17 AM
Reply #12

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Double post, sorry, but I wanted to add a few words from daoistmagic.com directly describing the importance of in-person learning and discipleship- (it's a bit long)

"Understanding The Probation Period
All Daoist alchemical training begins with purification. When a potential student approaches a Daoist master, he is first evaluated according to his moral conduct and personal values. His physical, energetic, and spiritual attributes are all taken into consideration, scrutinized, and then a particular training routine is introduced to the new disciple. This training routine is traditionally established according to where the new student has spiritually evolved at that particular moment in time.

During the “adjustment period,” the new student is continually tested, and his integrity, honor, and faith in the teacher, the lineage, and the teaching are continually challenged. This may seem like an extremely “harsh” approach to teaching, especially to students who approach learning from a master of Eastern Occult Mysticism from a Western sense of “entitlement” attitude. However, I can assure you that this strict approach is essential, and for several good reasons.

First, in Daoist Alchemy, we begin training the student’s Physical Body in order to eliminate toxic poisons that have stored themselves within the disciple’s tissues, and also strengthen his various internal organs and organ systems. At the same time, we train the disciple’s Energy Body in order to remove the toxic energetic states existing within his body as shadow organs and shadow channels. Then, we train the student’s Spirit Body by increasing the disciple’s divine energy field, and using this subtle spiritual energy to increase the divine heat, light, and vibration currently resonating within the disciple’s Three Bodies. As we train the new disciple to internally connect with the spiritual energy currently existing inside his body, his Original Spirit will begin to “awaken.” He must then go through the process of “intercepting Karma,” needed in order to recognize and eventually eliminate the dominating negative influences of his Acquired Personality. All of these various changes and experiences are essential in order for the new disciple to master the magical teaching of the “Dao of the Right.” Without this type of “imposed purification,” the new student’s lust for control and his competitive need for power based security, will internally create his own personal self-destruction.
Second, what allows a “senior” disciple to become successful in his alchemical practice is his ability to trust the master, and his willingness to follow instructions. Many times, because of a lack of trust or low self-esteem, a new student will subconsciously sabotage his own progress. When such toxic internal thinking exists inside a new student, in order to prevent him from hurting himself and others, the master will sometimes dismiss the student in order to purposely limit his access to more advanced training. In all spiritual transformation training, the more that you are taught, the greater the responsibility and accountability you will have for all of your actions. In the divine realm, it’s not “what you know” that matters, its “what have you done with what you have been taught.”
Third, each true Daoist magical lineage has Celestial Guardians” who are assigned by the Heavenly Realm to oversee the esoteric teachings of that specific spiritual lineage. These powerful Spirit Entities are responsible for maintaining the spiritual integrity of the sacred teachings of that particular Daoist sect. In advanced alchemical teaching, when certain information has been “down-loaded” from the master to the disciple through magical initiation, it is the responsibility of these Celestial Guardians to open certain energetic portals in order to facilitate the successful manifestation of that particular magical teaching. If the sacred information is not “legitimately” passed on through sacred transmission, the Celestial Guardian will not manifest in order to assist the disciple in completing the spiritual transformation. Sometimes, if the sacred information is misused according to “evil” intention, the Celestial Guardians may choose to suddenly manifest in order to distribute “punishments.”
“Transference of Power” (“Magical Initiation”)
In Daoist Alchemy, an energetic “transference of power” normally occurs from master to disciple during the various levels of spiritual transmission. These special “power transferences” are part of the disciple’s “Magical Initiation,” and are used to spiritually enable the disciple to “awaken” and produce the various energetic manifestations that naturally occur during his alchemical practice.

Traditionally, there are a total of 27 levels of “Transmission of Power” (3 groups of 9), that occur during the special heart to heart exchange between a master and his disciple during alchemical practice. Each time this special Transference of Power occurs, it is traditionally used to awaken the disciple’s deeper understanding of the secret esoteric teachings of his particular magical sect and their sacred scriptures. This special spiritual transformation process is considered to be a meeting of the hearts, and the true transmission of the disciple’s internal realization of his Yuan Shen (Original Spirit).

During this special spiritual transmission, the new disciple is being energetically “worked” in order to continue his spiritual awakening and unfolding process. The more he awakens and returns back to his Original Nature (Yuan Xing), the stronger his energetic influence will be on others, especially when the disciple works as a conscious spiritual being and a servant of the Dao.

The 27 levels of Transmission of Power can range from either a contagious overflow of Ling Qi (Spiritual Energy) that quickens the life-force inside the disciple, sometimes manifesting as various forms of internal healing; to the awakening of the disciple’s Inner Fire, used to spiritually empower the disciple with the ability to energetically transform the subtle energetic fields of his Three Bodies.

In all schools of esoteric Daoist Alchemy, aside from the master’s religious affiliation, outer appearance, spiritual pedigree, and ability to recite the lineage of various masters they are personally connected to, there are three important things that a master is supposed to be able to do for his personal disciples:

1. Introduce the Disciple to his True Nature (Yuan Xing). This special teaching helps to spiritually awaken the disciple, and allows him to realize the distinction between “who” he is in the Dao, and “what” he is in terms of being an instrument of divine service (i.e., the way he uses the energy of his body, speech, mind, and the quality and activity of his actions).

2. Elicit the Disciple’s Zhen Ming (True Name). This special name is sometimes known as the disciple’s secret Fa Ming (Law Name) or his Zui Mimi De Mingzi (Most Secret Name). This is not the Lineage Name traditionally given to the disciple by the master during his formal initiation as a “Tudi” (Apprentice). Instead, these special words of power are considered to be “Zui Mimi” (“Most Secret”), and therefore must spiritually arise from deep within the disciple’s core self. The disciple’s Most Secret Name is never to be shared with other individuals, it is a magical password used to represent the disciple’s core connection to the infinite power of the Dao.

When teaching a disciple how to access his Zhen Ming, the master may only assist him by personally eliciting, but never giving him, his Most Secret Name. This extremely important internal discovery is essential to the disciple’s spiritual growth and alchemical development. The sacred spiritual tones and magical sounds that manifest through this special name are considered to be the true magical keys that are required in order to perform any form of internal or external Deity Magic. Without this vital key, many advanced alchemical applications simply end up becoming the projected delusional fantasies of the disciple’s creative imagination.

3. Quicken the Disciple’s Spiritual Evolution through the Transmission of Power. This special alchemical transformation occurs as an overflow of Ling Qi (Spiritual Energy) originating from the master’s current energetic level of being (i.e., his cultivated Ling Shen). In this special type of “overshadowing” transmission, the master’s Ling Shen energetically flows from his Three Bodies into the open heart of a disciple that truly honors, listens, and trusts the master, loves his spiritual “brothers and sisters,” and is dedicated to following the sacred teachings of the spiritual practice. When there is true devotion active within the heart of the disciple, this energetic transference occurs quickly. Many times, this special energetic transference feels like “electrical water” or “radiant light” pouring from one holy vessel (i.e., the master) into another (the disciple).

In order for this powerful spiritual transformation to occur, the disciple must first trust that the master loves him, and that his desires are for the disciple’s highest good. In this “father and son relationship,” the disciple (son) must believe and know that the master (father) wants him to energetically thrive, spiritually awaken, and grow in the sacred knowledge of the Divine. Within a short time period, others will eventually notice the disciple’s spiritual growth and maturation. As the disciple’s true personality continues to emotionally and spiritually mature, his Divine Original Nature (Yuan Xing) will continually surface, and begin to act as the primary active force directing the disciple’s personal and social life.

However, if a master gives the Transference of Power to an disciple with a confused “Poisoned Mind” (defined as an individual who is obsessed with the continual need for ego-based control, approval, and security), and it energetically activates their Inner Fire, the transferred spiritual energy (Ling Qi) will internally burn through the disciple, and begin destroying all of his various acquired “ego personalities” and “false identities.” If the disciple has not been properly trained or prepared for these sudden spiritual changes, he can mistake these energetic shifts for being suddenly possessed or oppressed by harmful spirits.

The intended goal of the quickening of the disciple’s spiritual evolution through the Transmission of Power, is suppose to be “to energetically feed his spiritual walk and empower his personal relationship with the Divine.” However, as the newly awakened “creative energy” rushes through the disciple’s Three Bodies, it also naturally “feeds” whatever the disciple considers to be the “most important” internal priority. Therefore, this suddenly awakened “creative energy” can either seem like a blessing, especially if the internal priority is placed on Divine Transformation; or can manifest as a form of psychotic-delusion, especially if the internal priority placed on empowering themselves. When psychotic-delusions begin to manifest, the disciple suddenly considers himself “extra special,” and “God’s Gift to Mankind;” or he is suddenly convinced that he is a god himself. This is why it is important to find a qualified teacher whenever pursuing any form of Daoist Magic and Alchemical teaching. It is also the reason why maintaining a humble and grateful heart rooted in divine service is essential for spiritual growth, especially when following any authentic magical path to Enlightenment and Immortality." (Last section)

http://daoistmagic.com/emotional-alchemy-and-spiritual-transformation/

October 13, 2015, 02:35:13 AM
Reply #13

Peoples Champion

• Settling In

• View Profile
Do note that I am a beginner. The perspective I am going to be talking about here, is what I have seen from other practitioners. As right now just the first two meditations are a lot to memorize. It involves the use of hand seals, tongue seals, and really long visualizations. So as a result, as well as my health, I am not able to memorize it as quickly. You try memorizing something long when you have bad coughs that make you vomit, lol. Though I am working on resolving that as that is a side effect of a medication my Western doctor prescribed me for blood pressure.

The little I have practiced though I noticed an immediate difference, for one my sleep which has always been abysmal, I have suffered from terrible insomnia for years. So that is one thing I noticed a huge improvement in. The medical qigong doctor I am also currently seeing so far has impressed me. Even his intuition is extremely sharp as he knew without me explaining the worst thing for me to experience in life (betrayal).

Since he knows what he is doing too, he has been able to help me out a lot. Pain reduction for my tendon and arthritis is massive after so far seeing him a total of 3 times.

From what I learned Jerry retired, I do know he isn’t accepting any students. The website even shows this http://daoistmagic.com/private-classes/  I also know not every practitioner is listed there as a current student who is in Florida is not listed there, which is the only con I have seen so far.

I am still learning though but so far what I have learned I am pretty impressed as it is very practical information and no fluff, it is written in a factual and easy to understand way.

Ah, my mistake then. I’ll admit when I made one. I did misunderstand though. The way the daughter explained it to me was as more someone to guide you. Sadly I am too use to a dictator way of teaching so I will admit when someone says a teacher my mind has a tendency to have a very negative connotation for that, so I apologize for that.

When I say guide, I mean that to see you are doing everything correctly. That is how she explained it to me, so yes it is a teacher I guess huh? Sorry for saying something incorrect. And as you mentioned too when someone sheds more of their ego that it feels very shocking to a person, Jerry explained that, I do know he was in tears afterward, so having someone for that would help.

Again! My apologies for being misinformed.

Though I do know for sure a lot of the beginner stuff is safe. 1-10 and 3 invocations is safe which really makes up the beginning core of it all to be honest. The True self meditations I know having a teacher would help as those ones specifically focus on destroying the ego, which is in the beginner level so I know that one it would help.

For the disciple’s most secret name, I know the technique he is talking about, it can be done through a celestial immortal (I believe, don’t quote me on that as I have to check again) and I know he does have exercises for getting psychic senses which does involve the 1-10 and 3 invocations, so if you don’t memorize those it won’t happen.

So if one cannot find a teacher physically, than from what I understand it is ok to contact the masters of the lineage through using psychic senses and he does tell you how to contact them in one of the Daoist books, forgive me for not remembering it I think it was either the internal alchemy one of the one with magical tools.

Another thing I should mention is that I noticed teachers in this do seem fine with a Skype session, which long distance healing is covered in the books as well. So that route is also available.

So finding a guide thankfully can be done. Just depends on the avenue you want to go.  :)

October 13, 2015, 04:15:08 AM
Reply #14

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Do note that I am a beginner. The perspective I am going to be talking about here, is what I have seen from other practitioners. As right now just the first two meditations are a lot to memorize. It involves the use of hand seals, tongue seals, and really long visualizations. So as a result, as well as my health, I am not able to memorize it as quickly. You try memorizing something long when you have bad coughs that make you vomit, lol. Though I am working on resolving that as that is a side effect of a medication my Western doctor prescribed me for blood pressure.

I hope this doesn't bum you out, but I would increase my concern about practicing with no teacher by orders of magnitude if you currently have health problems of that severity. It is very easy to throw yourself from bad to worse through these kind of practices if you aren't being personally guided by someone who knows what they're doing, which can not only further damage your health but set you back substantially in your progress.

I would implore you, for your sake, to at least seek out a local practitioner of TCM and Daoist internal arts of good repute, to consult with them about your health and what you intend to practice, to seek their advice about that practice in your condition, and, if they give you the all clear, to continue to seek regular treatment from them as a supplement to your practice.

Daoism above all spiritual traditions stresses that a strong foundation has to be built with the physical body before you begin to work with the energy body, and many lineages teach little by way of direct energetic work until the student has undergone enough physical conditioning (and secondary energetic cleansing as a result) through the practice of the internal martial arts, often over the course of several years. Even if you can't do it under someone from JAJ's lineage, I would highly suggest that you seek similar training from someone local until you're in better shape before pursuing complicated energetic and magical practices.