Author Topic: Cigarette Magick  (Read 3612 times)

July 22, 2015, 01:14:06 AM
Read 3612 times

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Warning: This is an article for those who already smoke. Smoking is harmful, expensive and not very socially acceptable either. If you don't smoke, don't even start.

Introduction
Ok, so from the warning I think this is obviously a smokers only article. The thing is that when you already has a packet in the pocket, there is a couple of things that cigarettes are actually good for, so let's say a thing or two about cigarettes and their use in Magick.

As we all know, cigarettes contain tobacco, a plant that was originally sacred and smoked by shamans and elders for celebration purposes, thanks to the western society it became a casual thing so many of us "celebrate" daily, some people can hold even 60 such celebrations a day :-D.

Stress oriented
If cigarettes are actually good in something, it's a stress relief. Cigarettes can get you in the right mood, get you rid of stress and help you concentrate. I think I am beating a dead horse now as all practicing smokers probably already know, but 1 cigarette before and after the ritual is a real lifesaver. Before the ritual to get ready for what is coming and after the ritual to ground and get back to the every day reality.

Smelling around
Cigarette smoke is very thick, both in appearance and in the scent, this and its spiritual neutrality makes it a perfect portable incense stick (some spirits like it more, some less, but I have yet to find one that would really hate it). This also makes it a great offering tool, one lit up cigarette put aside for whatever spirits you are working with. I think I have already described this one in the past. But what I didn't say in the past is that you can actually inscribe a seal and name of the specific spirit to offer it directly to that spirit, limiting problems with unwanted guests.

For that quick fix
Whether you want to improve your health, get rid of a headache, or maybe get some money, a sigil inscribed on the cigarette can do real wonders, just make sure you keep focused on your goal while something the aforementioned sigil enhanced cigarette. You can actually use one and the same symbol for all cigarettes in the package, making your goal more likely to come true after the whole packet was taken care of (not at once). You can use this method to e.g. help you to quit smoking.

In a very emergency cases not even a sigil is needed, just write what you need on the side of the cigarette and smoke it. I think it's needless to say that such a method is less foolproof than others aforementioned, but yeah, emergency situation often requires emergency solutions.

Forgotten inside the flames
If you have problems with forgetting about your desires, then a pack of cigarettes is a perfect solution for you (if you are a smoker), just inscribe different sigils with different meaning on all your cigarettes so you forget which is which and then smoke them in a random order, in that case you don't concentrate on the desire during smoking as you don't know it, but you rather concentrate on the sigil itself and how is it burning away, slowly directing to the vast universe to make your wishes come true.

December 23, 2015, 10:04:44 PM
Reply #1

edenmononym

• View Profile
Is this bill *snickering*

~F452

January 19, 2016, 02:52:16 AM
Reply #2

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
Stress oriented
If cigarettes are actually good in something, it's a stress relief. Cigarettes can get you in the right mood, get you rid of stress and help you concentrate.

Nope. The only stress they relieve is the gnaw of nicotine addiction, which they put there in the first place. If you are addicted to nicotine you are always slightly stressed (more so than a non-smoker), and this is briefly (but never entirely) quelled by getting a nicotine fix, hence the illusion of stress relief.

For that quick fix
Whether you want to improve your health, get rid of a headache, or maybe get some money, a sigil inscribed on the cigarette can do real wonders, just make sure you keep focused on your goal while something the aforementioned sigil enhanced cigarette. You can actually use one and the same symbol for all cigarettes in the package, making your goal more likely to come true after the whole packet was taken care of (not at once). You can use this method to e.g. help you to quit smoking.

That might be the weirdest thing I've ever read. Just to make clear why:

...you want to improve your health... the cigarette can do real wonders... You can actually use... all cigarettes in the package... to e.g. help you to quit smoking.

LOLWUT

Anyway, you have the disclaimer so yeah, I just thought the irony in that one paragraph was funny, whether it actually works or not.
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

January 19, 2016, 03:02:03 AM
Reply #3

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Ekstatikos: When life gives you lemons... ;-). Important skill is to use everything (including your disadvantages) as your advantage. So, if you are already killing yourself with the smoking, at least use it somehow.

And regarding the quitting: A sigil inscribed on the packet and on all the cigarettes in it as "I quit smoking" also poses a great psychological help, you are the one who might know that ;-).

January 19, 2016, 10:01:17 AM
Reply #4

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
@Ekstatikos: When life gives you lemons... ;-). Important skill is to use everything (including your disadvantages) as your advantage. So, if you are already killing yourself with the smoking, at least use it somehow.

Agreed on that, but still it's a rationalization of a bad habit, and may counteract attempts at quitting to some extent. If you're not trying to quit though, it makes sense, and I get your point ^^ Anyway this probably isn't the place to discuss the best methods of quitting smoking lol.
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

January 19, 2016, 10:07:09 AM
Reply #5

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
What better place than the thread about cigarettes? :D

January 20, 2016, 05:11:00 PM
Reply #6

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Eks: As funny as it may seem, the idea of focusing on stopping smoking while smoking is actually a pretty good idea. A lot of people who smoke a lot seem to smoke so much because they're doing it while they do other things; they're distracted and so they just do it out of habit. As someone who's sucked back entire cans of pepsi and grabbed the can for another "sip", it's easy to not realize how much you're going through if you're not focusing on it.

But focusing on it, whether by sigil or even just plain focusing on it, can help a person realize just how much they're smoking, and can help them focus on any sensations that they hate about smoking, which will in turn help them slow down and eventually stop. And then focusing on the internal sensations that get activated from smoking; that can also help you slow down and stop. It's a lot like the focused eating exercise in the IIH, only focusing on a negative rather than a positive. It still takes willpower, commitment, and a choice, but focusing is helpful.

And cigarettes help reduce stress because of the breathing that a person does. I've watched smokers and realized that when they're trying to hype themselves up to continue working, they smoke short and fast puffs. If they're trying to calm down and relax, deep and long breaths. Why that sounds just like normal breathing exercises, doesn't it? ;) Without realizing it, many smokers do it because they pick up the habits from others who've figured it out (either consciously or subconsciously).

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

January 29, 2016, 01:59:42 AM
Reply #7

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Quote from: Akenu

Smelling around
Cigarette smoke is very thick, both in appearance and in the scent, this and its spiritual neutrality makes it a perfect portable incense stick (some spirits like it more, some less, but I have yet to find one that would really hate it). This also makes it a great offering tool, one lit up cigarette put aside for whatever spirits you are working with. I think I have already described this one in the past. But what I didn't say in the past is that you can actually inscribe a seal and name of the specific spirit to offer it directly to that spirit, limiting problems with unwanted guests.

For that quick fix
Whether you want to improve your health, get rid of a headache, or maybe get some money, a sigil inscribed on the cigarette can do real wonders

If im not mistaken tobacco is Martial in its properties/association.  This correspondence is even more clear when considering the effects of nicotine and stimulant characteristics of tobacco in general.

Food for thought when considering what purposes youre utilizing it for, especially if making use of spirits and such.
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

January 29, 2016, 02:05:32 AM
Reply #8

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Calvin: I would say tobacco is more Saturnian but it is really a general purpose incense, focus on the plant as a whole and not just few effects.