Author Topic: Some help is appreciated!  (Read 3766 times)

July 15, 2015, 08:08:43 AM
Read 3766 times

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I wish I could post this topic in each category, since it isnt entirely related to one or another, but let me fill you in. So in my spare time, I run a small paranormal group that does a lot of ghost hunts. Last summer, we did a small investigation in the home of a close friend, and they were experiencing some very dark activity. These spirits were actually physically harming the tenants of the home, they were causing unusual amounts of stress, anxiety, and other negative emotions for everyone in the family, and they were pretty sure the spirits were even influencing their dreams (they would have the strangest nightmares constantly while in the home, but never when they left the house). My group went in, and to be completely honest, this house was so....I guess evil, it scared me just to be in the house. To help you all understand something, I've been a paranormal investigator for close to twelve years now, and have dealt with my fair share of negative beings. But this house was on a whole different level. The energy in the house was oppressive, to the point where it was hard to even breathe calmly in the house.

When we went in, I used Reiki (I am a level 2 Usui Reiki Practitioner, training for Mastery right now) to try and cleanse the house and fill it with white light. I also burned sage in each room of the house, and even used crystals to try and amplify the effect of the white light. When we were finished with the investigation and the cleansing, we felt we had settled things. We caught some really interesting evidence, inclusing getting pictures of scratches and a bite mark that appeared on another one of the investigators as I was talking face-to-face with him (talk about creepy, I watched some of the scratches as they started to form).

Move ahead one week. The family calls us back. Apparently, while we gave them some level of relief, it only lasted about 7-8 days before the activity came back, and now the family is getting terrified. So they called in another group, who did a follow up investigation. They brought with them a woman who was a high priestess in a wiccan group, and was also a medium. During the time that we spent on our investigation, I found several things that caused me a little heartache. We found a pile of books that belonged to a family member that had been staying with them for awhile, but they eventually kicked her out after awhile since they were concerned she was trying to cause them marital problems. These books that belonged to her were books on various types of magick, including a novel on summoning spirits. These books were covered, and I do mean COVERED, in negative, evil energy. I purified the books in a concoction I make using holy oil and sea salt, then burned the books to be safe. There were also these little boxes that the woman had given them as gifts, which emanated that same level of evil the books had, and they had these strange metal symbols on top of them. I couldn't place them at the time, but I knew they were magick related.

When this second group came through the house, the medium immediately went to work and she discovered a small room in the basement that the family didnt even know was there. Inside, she found a chalk circle with red symbols painted on the floor, herbs and stones all over the rafters, and even a small black back, which when opened contained bones, dirt, and herbs. They also found another of these bags inside a stuffed animal that this person had given the family's daughter for her birthday. The medium/wiccan also found several small notes that explained the woman was trying to get the wife and daughter to join her coven.

So here's where I need the help. The family in now once again dealing with the activity, this time it has gotten so bad they are going to move into a new home. I plan on cleansing and blessing the new home before they move in, but I want to try to give them some level of relief before they move into the new home. I'm looking to get any advice/techniques for cleansing and dealing with this incredibly dark energy. I already full well intend to use sage and incense, and I also have access to crystals, sea salt, and holy water. So, if you have any other rituals or practices for helping to clear out a home, please feel free to share.

July 15, 2015, 09:41:55 AM
Reply #1

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
The Lesser/Greater Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, followed by the invoking ritual.
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

July 15, 2015, 11:56:27 AM
Reply #2

TheAghora

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I would go further then just doing that. I developed a method for protecting a house, though it takes a lot of time to do it. The basic idea of this is to use sigils that you create. These would represent different things from protection, safety, to good feelings. Anything that you can come up with and making the sigil for it, charging it, and preparing it for use. You would use these sigils around all the doors, and the windows, carved into the frames. From there, you make a mixture of sea salt, coal, red brick dust, and sand, an equal part mixture. You mix this with a basic glue, I use rubber cement. it's very cheap. I start with a cup, and I poor the entire container of rubber cement into a cup (3 containers usually, I do this all at once). I then add a little water to thin it, not much. You have to stir it well, the rubber cement doesn't mix great with water. You then add the mixture to it, 1 to 2 cups. Stir it in, it will get thicker and thicker as you go; though you still want be able and use the glue, so not too thick.

Once done paint around the entire frame of the doors and windows, any entrance or exit. Make sure to do this about 3 times, this stuff dries pretty quickly. I do all of these very quickly, as this stuff dries pretty fast. Next, It's important that you set up a shrine for the family if they believe in anything. The power of faith is a very powerful thing, and it builds up over time, especially if they use it frequently. The difference from a house and a home is the threshold that is made inside of the structure. Memories are alive and live, they exist though most do see then (astral). This helps to strengthen the house into a home, if someone understands how to direct and control this energy, it can be a very powerful tool. These sigils are strong right now once made, though over time they will become stronger and stronger, being part of the structure. If they are spiritual or religious people, this will also strengthen and add to the power of the sigils being used. The sigils help to direct and make use of the energy as a whole, instead of it just doing nothing. The mixture that I use i a very protective mixture. My teacher in necromancy used something very similar to it, this is the more simplified version without a lot of the stuff you wouldn't want to deal with.

Hope this helps the family. If you prepare this ahead of time, it would help. Besides this, I would construct a personal item out of Pewter and Silver, for the family. It's quite simple to do if you've ever worked with pewter. You can make it something simple they wear. Or, you can make a medicine bag for them to wear around there neck. If you want it to be cheaper, a medicine bag would work best. I would make a copy of all the sigils, empower them, burn them, and place the ashe in the bag. I would then add some lavender, sage, distilled water with a little honey in it, a small stone of Lapis Lazuli, or Emerald. Along with a small amount of Silver. All of this could be tied into a small leather bag; though make sure it's tied well and advise them not to open it.

Anyway, hope some of this is helpful to you.

July 16, 2015, 08:28:13 AM
Reply #3

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

July 16, 2015, 08:36:58 PM
Reply #4

Shankara

• Settling In

• View Profile
This ritual helped me clear some demonic activity I was facing:

Put a cross or other religious/spiritual symbol by every door and window (you can even draw it or print an image out), and especially by the bed if they're having nightmares.  Get some pure water, such as from a spring.  Add about a tsp of salt per gallon.  Put a crystal in it and put it in a glass jar or bowl in direct sunlight for one or two days, preferably two.

After charging the water, put it on your altar and meditate/pray with it.  Visualize light coming from everywhere in the universe, rushing past you and entering into the water.  Leave the water on the altar overnight.  The next day, pray/meditate with the water again, asking for protection and purification, then sprinkle it on every portal (door, window, vent, etc) with a prayer.  Also put it on all family members (or if one isn't available some days, you can apply it to their photo).  In addition to the water, burn sage or a couple sticks of incense and go to all the portals and family members, and circle them clockwise a few times, saying prayers to Shiva/Babaji/Jesus/God/etc. to bless and purify.  It's best if words come from the person performing the ritual, from their heart.  

Do this DAY and NIGHT for 30 days.  A family member will probably have to do it since it's twice per day for a month.   If the water gets low make more.

It's very important to keep doing this faithfully day and night for 30 days without interruption, staying connected to the purifying light and the divine connection and protection. In General, every time the family prays or meditates, they should sit for awhile afterwards and visualize an impenetrable shield of light all around them. They can visualize this whenever they're feeling positive and spiritual and ask God (whichever form) to protect them.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.

July 17, 2015, 01:47:43 AM
Reply #5

IIHbuddy89

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
If you are familiar using the vital force maybe this help:

1. Imagine that 3 layers of vital force is surrounding the whole house (the inner most layer will deal with unwanted physical entities, the middle layer is dealing with unwanted astral entities/energies and the outer layer is dealing with mental stuff/thought forms etc.)

2. Imagine that all 3 layers is connected to the divine source and also imagine that all layers are rotating quickly in a clockwise motion

3. Now program the layers to clean the whole place from any unwanted energies/entities, also to keep outside such forces permanently (also imagine that)

4. Now program the layers to fill the whole place with high frequency divine energies and to make program them that these energies stay there as long as you want (time factor is important!) and also that they automatically refill themselves from the universe automatically (so you don't have to repeat this ritual every day)

5. Give additional instructions...

I would recommend to repeat these steps every day until the layers collect enough energies but after that it won't need to repeat it every day. You can also teach this to the family members that way they can do that for themselves (if they would do that ritual together all the time it would be even more powerful).

Not sure if that help in this situation but i know that since im doing this for months now on my house, the energies are a lot different, sometimes it feels like a sacred place and meditation/askesis goes much smoother. Also i experience unwanted energies/entities in dreams etc much less frequently.

After a while the place is filled with so much positive energies/divine light that such entities simply cannot stay there. So give it a try! I hope i could help : )

July 17, 2015, 07:17:28 AM
Reply #6

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
The medium/wiccan also found several small notes that explained the woman was trying to get the wife and daughter to join her coven.

If you're absolutely 100% certain that this information is accurate, then you need to take this into account while planning future work. You have, if you have verified that information, an active opponent who is intentionally working to disrupt this family and household and for a reason she probably deems worthy and noble. The first work you did was the equivalent of mopping up the mess caused by a leaky pipe. You didn't take care of the leak, so naturally, a few days later there was another mess. The witch lady helped you patch up some of the leak, finding the books and ritual room, but now there's the actual source of the leak - the person who caused it, who wants the mess to happen.

There's two main strategies you can (or that I would, off the top of my head) use to approach the situation.

Defensively, you must find a way to protect the family members themselves. This is not just an attack on their home, though building a defensive perimeter around the home would be a good idea. It is, rather, an attack on the family themselves (again, assuming you are sure of this information), and so you must protect them on a personal level. Building a Ward around the home property the way IIHbuddy suggests (and you should be able to build such a Ward using Reiki) will protect them while they are at home, but most people are not at home 24/7, and while they are out running errands or working or going to school they will still be vulnerable to direct attack. It also won't matter if they move, because the attacker will just continue attacking the family at their new location.

How you go about protecting individuals is up to you. Your personal skills, talents, and so on. You could make sigils, constructs, servitors, enchanted amulets, use runes.  Whatever you know how to do. Just put your back into it. Building a defense against an intentional attacker is much different from cleaning up toxic energy to heal people and environments, something Reiki is more used to than magical warfare.

And you can, of course, also take the offensive if you have the skill and will for it. Not everyone is a warrior who can take the offensive, and that's okay. But, there is a woman present in this situation who is using her talents and skills to intentionally bring harm, not just to some perceived enemy or obstacle, but her own relatives. Personally, I would have no moral problem "neutralizing" such a person to protect their targets. That is to say, if you stop the person causing trouble, the trouble being caused will stop as well.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

July 17, 2015, 10:15:36 PM
Reply #7

IIHbuddy89

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
You are right  Shinichi. I forget to mention that you can do the same with family members too. They could simply surround themselves with a 3 layer shield too and attach to their auras so it automatically move wherever they go. But if they experience such things mostly when they are at home than maybe it's not necessary.

Of course you can turn these shields into mirror shields easily (mirroring back any unwanted energies/attacks automatically). You can even tell the shields to amplify the negative effect and mirror back even more energy than the original caster used (with all of its karmic consequences). This will deal with the "neutralizing" part. I don't think a more direct attack is desired until OP try these all out at first though.

July 18, 2015, 03:10:32 PM
Reply #8

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
They could simply surround themselves with a 3 layer shield too and attach to their auras so it automatically move wherever they go.

Li-Ten-Ra could try this, but I don't like giving instructions that rely on the skill and work of the persons asking for help, the proverbial "victim." Most people simply do not have the skills to take care of messes like this themselves, even if you explain to them exactly how to do it. It's like explaining to someone the technique of bench pressing 300 pounds. They can understand it just fine and still not be able to do it.

That's why they come to people like us for help. We do the workouts, we have the skills and talents, and we can help. We also tend to be more appreciated when we actually help, instead of saying "do this, this and this, and best of luck to ya."

And if anyone is worried about the karmic consequences of taking an offensive strategy against an offensive metaphysical opponent, just remember the wise words of a fictional exorcist:

"I'm no philosopher, Harry, but here's something for you to think about, at least. What goes around comes around. And sometimes you get what comes around. And, sometimes you are what's coming around." ~ Michael to Harry when Harry is worried about the repercussions to his spirit for what he did with the fire at Bianca's Ball.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

July 18, 2015, 04:55:20 PM
Reply #9

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Thanks to everyone who has responded this far. Now I shall work on answering some of the posts.

1st: IIHbuddy89 - Thanks for the three layer technique. I have used similar shielding techniques in the past, and will be sure to use them in this instance. Both on the family members, and the home itself.

2nd: Shinichi - Thanks for the clarification and advice. Yes, I am sure of the information. Its part of the reason why I will be going BACK into the home. The first time we went in, we had no idea what was causing the mess. Our evidence, combined with the evidence the other group found, and the personal information shared by the family, confirms it. They asked me to come back because I am the only person they know who has dealt with this in the past. While I am not one to boast, I do have some experience dealing with, and as you nicely put it, "neutralizing" magical threats in the past. However, I have never, in twelve years as an investigator and 13 as a practitioner, dealt with anything as EVIL as this. Mostly because the magical threats I dealt with were usually people trying to get something out of selfish desire and calling upon that which they cannot control. I had hoped that the previous group, whose leader claimed she was well versed in dealing with magical threats, would have been able to do something to help, but it appears their help was short lived. If you are willing, perhaps you could send me a private message with some advice on neutralizing the practitioner? As I said, I've never dealt with anyone this skilled, so I don't want to get over confident and say I could handle her, but I am sure that my skills are up to the task of at least trying.

Again, thanks to all who posted, your help has been greatly appreciated. Feel free to send some positive energy my way, I am sure I will need it.

July 20, 2015, 10:04:41 AM
Reply #10

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I don't see you explicitly stating it, Li-Ten-Ra, so I'd like to point out that you should confirm, if you haven't already, whether the person causing all of this is still actively trying to assail the family. If she is not, then you can probably save time and energy by ignoring her.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

July 20, 2015, 10:28:34 AM
Reply #11

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
The assailant is still going strong. In fact the family just sent me a picture of their daughter from today, with a set of brand new scratches.

July 20, 2015, 10:52:44 PM
Reply #12

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
New scratches doesn't necessarily mean that the person is continuing to attack. She set up certain things beforehand that polluted the atmosphere of the house, such as the black bags, so it could be that she set up something like a construct to continue doing these things in her absence and then she left and stopped directly doing anything herself (unless the family has already moved into the new house).

Something else seems odd about this. The woman, if she is responsible, seems fairly powerful given your description of events. Yet, she's asking a group of relatively weak people, who can't fend it off themselves, to join her coven.

Wait wait. Coven. That means a group of people.

So unless the woman, when she said she wanted the family to join her coven, meant that she wanted her family to join her in creating a coven (which doesn't make sense because why would you ask a bunch of weaklings?), then it is possible that she already has help from other people and you would then be dealing with a group.

Furthermore, why would she just want the wife and daughter but not the husband? If it's a sexist group, then you'd be dealing with people who believe in an ideology despite that ideology being stupid (because sexism is stupid when a person takes the time to really think about it); if it's for other reasons, like the husband is seen as just useless as an individual rather than because he's a male, then that's different. The books on various types of magic that you said were found might give you better insight into her views and magical practices, so try to recall those and formulate defenses for the family accordingly.

As for long term thoughts for the sake of the family, some obscuring magic might be helpful if it makes it harder for the woman to find and target the family. "Pollute" the thought-forms of the family with other thought-forms as well, to make it harder to focus on the family. Set up redirects so that when the woman tries to mentally focus on the family members, a construct or similar intervenes and redirects her target to something else, such as memories of her family. Granted I don't know what you're capable of so I'm just throwing out a couple of ideas. You seem like you're connected to other groups in the area, so you might be able to get someone else to help you or give you ideas.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

July 22, 2015, 10:40:21 AM
Reply #13

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Thanks Steve, for all that. To clarify, the books we found were focused on alchemy as well as specific schools of magic that work with spirits (sorcery and necromancy, as well as a book of chaos magic and one on magic involving demons). Most of these books were purified in salt, then burned with a blend of lighter fluid and holy oil. I sensed that these books, which had a lot of personal notes written inside of them, had been leaking more negative energies into the home, so I destroyed them immediately. There were two wooden boxes which also had voodoo symbols carved into them, which I also purified. She is looking, from what I understood of her notes, to start a coven specifically, and she refuses to accept the husband because first, she is sexist to the extreme, and second, as a man of faith, he would be completely opposed to anything even related to magic practices. My theory is that her intention is to stir up as much trouble as she can, in order to separate the wife and husband, so that she can focus on the wife and daughter for her own purposes. I don't think she is as powerful as the impression might be given. She knows her stuff, to a degree, but I think it is safe to say she has tried to do things beyond her capabilities. I say this because the spirits that are attacking the family are unfocused. They don't have any specific targets, and when others intrude on the home, they bounce from person to person. I could be wrong, on both counts, but this is the impression I have gotten from dealing with these entities on multiple occasions.

I shall, however, put your advice to good use. I excel at programming energy, so I could easily create some constructs to help out. I'm not the best at sigil magic, but I know how to do it and have been successful in the past. If anyone with any level of skill would like to help me in this aspect, their help will be welcomed.

Thanks again for all you advice everyone.

July 26, 2015, 01:36:49 PM
Reply #14

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Just some observations:

1. The nightmares subside when the family leaves the house.
2. Clearing the house alleviated issues for about a week.
3. The negative effects do not discriminate between the family and anyone else in the house.

To me, this suggests a few possibilities about the problem practitioner, all of which actually limit the scope of the problem. The house is clearly either the source or target of the attacks. Just as clearly, it has picked up some nasty energetic "habits" which encourage the emergence of malevolent entities. It is safe to assume that these are the direct result of the practitioner's destructive practices.

The question is, why is this happening? The practitioner could have, as has been assumed, deliberately attacked the family before leaving, using the house and the materials left in it as an anchor, and summoned bad guys to generally make life miserable. However, she also could have been your run of the mill person with problems who, seeking either to cope or gain an advantage, turned to magic in a stupid, irresponsible, and ultimately destructive fashion. The fact that she camped out in this poor family's home trying to control demons and then left without cleaning up her circles and bones (as well as her books, which strikes me as very strange for a serious and stable practitioner) could have sufficed to cause major issues in the long run as terror is ingrained into the household and ostensibly utilized by predatory entities to further the cycle.

I would not take an offensive against the practitioner unless it is verified 100% that they are actively trying to attack the family - if they are the sort with the capability to intentionally send demons to scratch your eyeballs out, this should be obvious. I think that a ward is great but would focus on addressing the issues inside the house. I would do your best to cleanse it entirely outside and in, and then give the family a few basic tools and instructions. You don't need to teach the family advanced magic to give them a general rundown on psychic security and hygiene. Get them to burn sage or whatever other incense they prefer, impressing in their mind that it's not just for nice smells but if they intend it to it will have a banishing effect. Extend the idea to candlelight, wind chimes, bathing and hand washing. Anyone can do these things, and the family can work every day to remedy this problem and eventually create an atmosphere that is actually protective.

The family should also go through the contents of the whole house in order to find any additional hidden ritual rooms and other creepy things. If they find any, they can cal you up to dispose of them with your expertise, and otherwise it can just be an opportunity to clean out the usual house junk - which is how I would ask them to think of it so as not to further frighten them. Plus, if they decide to move after all, they should be sure that they are not taking something unwanted with them, like more bones sewed into teddy bears, for example.

Given all that I would expect the situation to improve, especially if the family maintains a basic practice and defensive (instead of perpetuating) mindset. If it doesn't, then I guess it is this wayward family member attacking them, and all I have to say is that they appear not to be skilled or motivated enough to attack without using the house as a focus (for now?). I wish you luck. I am defensive by nature and know very, very little about the do's and don'ts of actively engaging a magical aggressor.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa