Author Topic: Blocking more permanently  (Read 1934 times)

July 11, 2015, 08:16:07 AM
Read 1934 times

lyran

• View Profile
So, I've always been really emphatic, an open book. Like a sponge.

And, I'm now starting to really feel the bad parts of that. Especially since I've been meeting my father more recently, who suffers from severe bipolar and paranoia. (I wasn't meeting him for most of my life before this)
Since his mind does this all erratically and he spends most days not sleeping and being paranoid, it's like his energy is overwhelming, it's so dense. it's constant negative.

Over the last year I've developed some of his irrational fears, like I can't get rid of them even though I logically know they're not true. But, when I shield they tend to go away.

My problem, however, is that I don't know how to block/shield on a more permanent long-term basis. I can do it for a few hours usually.

So my question is twofold:

a) How do I shield/disconnect/block him on a more permanent basis easily?

b) Is there any rituals to clean up some of the fears/anxious energy I've absorbed from him?

Thanks!

July 11, 2015, 08:30:33 AM
Reply #1

psychonox

• View Profile
it can get rather tricky when dealing with family.. since in most cases they have an all access pass to our energy signatures. Especially Parents..

Forms of empathy though with people who are suffering from mental illness can be very overwhelming since you will literally feel what they feel.. For starters follow these basic guidelines to help you in the long run

a) under no circumstance be near them when you are sleepy, lethargic or weak. That will only make you more vulnerable to any psychic imprints that they may send your way
b) Coffee is your friend (it puts you in the Beta brainwave state) and is proven to be helpful in keeping negative energies away while its active in your system. if you MUST be around them stay caffineated.

Best wishes

July 12, 2015, 12:28:11 AM
Reply #2

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Considering the man is your father you shouldn't avoid nor try and disconnect but search inside for what past traumas or difficulties may be altering your emotions when you are around him. Breathe deeply and concentrate on your spiritual heart when you are with him, especially when you are alone and feel negative vibes towards him. Feel your deepest love and gratitude for him and try not even shield, but ground yourself and center in the moment. Just like any stressful situation deep breathing and relaxing tension through the body will help, and through time as you breathe into your spiritual heart and learn to relax in tense or draining situations you should be better able to keep a 'higher frequency'.

You may also want to find hobbies or situations you both enjoy and interact on the level of mutual joy which will breed compassion and familial love which will strengthen your connection and lessen any other negative effects, and maybe even help transmute his negative emotions into positive emotions. It may be difficult to find such a balance, but sometimes getting past the hurdle of communication builds a bridge of a love and connection that may not have seemed possible before.

All the best.  :)
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

July 14, 2015, 03:14:35 PM
Reply #3

lyran

• View Profile
Thanks, but I really would like to block more. It's not like I haven't tried being more engaged and positive, like I said, I'm empathic, but right now it's too much.

July 14, 2015, 05:40:06 PM
Reply #4

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
You could try a daily cleansing ritual, such as the Qabalistic Cross (found easily on the internet), but if you are not inclined to Ceremonial Magic, or magic at all, then grounding and centering is your best friend. If you can afford a book, "The Spiritual Power of Empathy" by Cyndi Dale is an excellent resource on figuring out what type of empathy affects you the most and how to best utilize your natural skill.

She has a two meditations that have helped me which she calls 'Spirit-to-Spirit' and 'Streams of Grace.' Spirit-to-Spirit is basically getting into a meditative state and affirming that your higher being guide your empathy throughout the day. Next is affirming that your spirit guides (or helpful psychological archetypes) help guide your empathy in the spirit of what is best for you and others that may drain you. Last of Spirit-to Spirit is to affirm that the Source/All/One Mind, whatever you understand the divine or spiritual core of being is, to guide your empathy for what is best for you and others involved. This helps anchor you to your empathy and compassion and connect you to spiritual aspects of reality without others having attachments dragging you down.

The next meditation is called 'Streams of Grace' which is basically asking the Source/All/One Mind to connect you to the healing energies (which she refers to as Grace), accepting them with gratitude to help guide and empower your life and to allow them to shift as they need be, which basically means you are not trying to control these healing streams and whatever healing may take place is up to the ebb and flow of divine energies.

Other things are mantras of protection or abundance, invoking or beseeching warrior archetypes (Durga, Shiva, Indra, Athena, Thor, Odin, etc), and nei gong, which helps cleanse, gather, and purify internal energies that act as generators of physical, mental, emotional and energetic health.

'Iron Shirt and Golden Bell Qi Gong from a Psionics Perspective' by kettle is an excellent article I found on Veritas, and although it has more to do with the martial aspect of the practice, developing the Golden Bell is the basis for developing higher states of mind and very powerful internal and magical energies and protection.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

July 22, 2015, 11:03:52 AM
Reply #5

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I agree with Mind_Bender here on reading the article on Qi Gong. It is an incredibly healthy and simple practice which helps center and ground you, to let all those negative imprints go. I myself have dealt with empathy in the past, and found that the best ways to remove those imprints are with meditation practices, but you asked specifically about blocking them. A simple construct can be made to shield you from the negative emotions, while still allowing positive ones through. Another option is to work on training your gift. An empath who I have worked with frequently says she can control her empathy to the point where she can turn it on or off for certain people. This way, when she meets someone who is oozing negative emotions, she just stops being empathetic to them. The other option I can think of is to cleanse and open all of your chakras, but once completed so a heart chakra meditation, and visualize the chakra's energy flowing through you like a fire, burring away any negative emotions before they can attach to you. Hope this helps.