Author Topic: A Beginner's Schedule  (Read 2483 times)

July 05, 2015, 11:15:32 AM
Read 2483 times

Pax_Valeos

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have a couple of questions. I am waiting till the next enrollment opens up at TDS school, so that I may get initiated and get direct help. Until then, I've dedicated myself fully to this practice, and I'm currently undertaking the following daily regimen:

• 7 hours of sleep (at maximum; since the Aspirant will be completing meditative work and building up of the prana; it shall not be necessary to sleep for more than 7 hours. It also ensures that the Work will be pursued, if for no other reason than that it brings wakefulness with it.)
   • Morning exercise; either go for a run, or do some light stretching, or rope skipping. Anything to get the blood moving.
   • 7 conscious inhalations in the morning. "Sit down comfortably, relax the whole body, and breathe in through the nose. Imagine that with the inhaled air, health, tranquility, peace, success, or everything you are aiming at, will pass into your body through the lungs and the blood. "
   • Conscious eating. Impregnate the eating process with all the might of thine imagination, and consciously intake the food, knowing well, that your desire has been imprinted upon it; better health, prosperity, and well-being.
   • Conscious use of water. "Every time you are washing your hands, think intensely that by washing, not only do you wipe the dirt off your body, but also the uncleanliness from your soul. Think of failure, trouble, dissatisfaction, illness and the like being washed off and turned over to the water. If possible, wash yourself under the tap so that the dirty water can run off immediately, and at this moment think that your weaknesses are flowing off with the water. "

Step 1: Psychic Training

• Make a black and white mirror; expressing all your bad traits and all your good traits. Use two weeks for this exercise. One week for introspection of all your bad traits, and one week for introspection of all your positive traits. Write down in a notebook using a pen of your choosing.

Step 1: Magical Mental Training

• Observance of thoughts
      ○ 30 minutes morning, 30 minutes at night
      ○ When the pupil finds himself able to do this to some good avail, proceed to the control of thoughts.
   • The removal of all thoughts; staying in the vacuum of mind-emptiness (no-mind)

Step 1: Hatha Yoga training
   • Pranayama
      ○ 40 repetitions morning
      ○ 40 repetitions (if posisble) during daytime
      ○ 40 repetitions night
   • Asana training
      ○ Pick one asana and focus/ hold the presence on the body for the duration of the practice.

Step 1: Magic training
   • LIRP morning
   • LBRP at night

Additional exercises to work on

• Tarot for contemplation plus correspondences
   • Visualization exercise

The thing is, even doing this, it amounts to no more than about 1-1.5hours of daily work, and I've read from Prophecy and Veos both that beginning students should be working for at least 2 hours daily. Right now, I have the time to practice more, so I am wondering what I ought to focus the most on. I feel a bit befuddled and confused about where to put an emphasis, and whether I'm going in the right direction, and if following this regimen will provide me with the adequate training in order to be eligible for acceptance at TDS. I aspire very much toward realizing myself and not being constrained by my own mind any longer (limiting beliefs, low motivation, negative thoughts and so forth) and hope that I may become initiated properly one day.

If anyone has any advice or thoughts at all, I would really appreciate it. As of now, I don't have any teacher unfortunately, so I'm treading this path alone.

Sincerely,

In light and love,

Pax Valeos

July 05, 2015, 04:12:35 PM
Reply #1

IIHbuddy89

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Hi!

The most important thing is the rock solid foundation that you will built on later. This includes :

* Daily imagination training (sight, auditory and feeling are the most important)
* Purification with the vital force (pore breathing and accumulation)
* Thought control/observation
* Soul mirror work
* Proper living (this includes many things, but basically don't contradict yourself at daytime what you aim for in meditation  - if you use meditation to purify your psychic nervers than try to avoid daytime activities with that you reach the complete opposite result etc.)

You incorporate all of this in your askesis now, but a few tips for you:

- One of the first attainment an Aspirant should reach in time is the Magickal Equipose. So not just write down your personal traits, but start actually transforming yourself with the help of conscious eating/inhalation/drinking along with the vital force, contemplation and autosuggestion (inhaling well-being, harmony, health is good in general but it won't target your vices alone - if you usually upset try focusing on calmness, not just on a general thing like well-being etc).

- Imagination training (20-20-20 minutes with sight-hearing-feeling)  <- you can do less, but i would recommend to do that way (5-5-5-5 minutes with feeling: hot-cold-heavy-light)

- I would omit the Tarot and the Asana part. You don't have to choose any special asana. You can go with the simple throne posture (sitting up straight). Also contemplate on your divine nature instead on the Tarot.

- Try to stay conscious through out the day! (be aware of your thougts arising and your emotions, observe how your mind react in different situations all day not just in askesis time) Observing your thoughts before falling asleep is one of the most beneficial things, because if you do it right, after a while you will have lucid dreams lot more easily and lucid dreaming is one of the greatest tools for self-transformation and communication with your subsconcious. Sooner you start experiencing with lucid-dreaming the better (it will be a very beneficial skill later)!

- If you become proficient with the use of the vital force you can use/program it to purify your meditation place and your house/room (and keep it clean all day). Askesis goes lot more smoother this way, since basically your room become a sacred place (energetically) after a while if you practise this every day.

- If you get to the void meditation part i would reccommend 1 hour each day if you have time. (+ thought observation after waking up and falling alseep + thought control through out the day)

- I could list more but that's alone lot more than 2 hours. If you have any questions just ask and good luck for the enrollment for you! I hope i could help! : )

PS: I am in the Flow btw.

July 05, 2015, 06:02:56 PM
Reply #2

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Well, learn to count, thought observation 30 minutes in the morning and evening gives 1 hour, and the rest will certainly take more than your 1 hour and 30 minutes. In fact I would say that the regime you now have will take about 3 hours per day.

July 06, 2015, 12:28:13 AM
Reply #3

IIHbuddy89

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Well learn to read : )  I said do 1 hour void meditation alone (PLUS thought observation PLUS thought observation). He said he's doing 1 hour of thought observation. Are you understand the difference?  :confused:

July 06, 2015, 02:07:03 AM
Reply #4

Pax_Valeos

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hey IIHBuddy,

Thank you very much for your response.

I've already incorporated the first step of step II imagination training from Veos commentary, which explicitly states:

"      ○ To begin with, I recommend a yogic practice called Trataka, in which you lock your eyes on a physical object without blinking for as long as possible. Start with something simple and external, Bardon recommends a match box. I recommend my students to start with something simpler using only black and white. For example, a black triangle on a white background, or vice verse which can be drawn on a piece of paper. Stare intensely at the physical object and do not blink for as long as possible. Hold this until tears run down the cheeks. When it becomes unbearable then blink and start again. Continue on in this manner, and if you can develop this ability to the point of being able to go 10 minutes without blinking the eyes once, then your concentration exercises will have wonderful and speedy success, and it also yields other benefits such as improved eyesight.
      ○ I recommend you start in that manner, using only the physical eyes. Don’t even visualize yet. Just keep the eyes locked on the object and mentally memorize every aspect of the object. This will be easy with simple things such as the black triangle on a white background. If you can do the trataka exercise for 10 minutes keeping the mind intensely focused on the object, then you can proceed to close the eyes. Do it in this manner: Do trataka on the physical object for 5 minutes, and then close the eyes and focus intensely on the image of it in the mind. If you are successful, you will actually see a colored outline of object in the darkness of the eyes as soon as you close them, and this shape will stay there for a few minutes. Use it as an aid to the exercise, employing the outline that appears as a key figure, and filling in the rest with the memory. For someone who starts straight into the exercise trying to visualize the object, the object will spend many weeks moving around and altering its shape. For the student who proceeds as given above with the help of Trataka, the shape will be much easier to visualize and will not move near as much. You will have quick success.
      ○ After the simple shape has been mastered so that the mind can hold it in a crystal clear visualization for 30 minutes, then progress to more complex objects. Take a drink bottle or box that has inscriptions on it and act in the same way as before, doing trataka on the object for 5-10 minutes, followed by trying to recreate it in the mind with visualization. This will take a long time to achieve proficiency. The goal is to perfectly recreate the object as a crystal clear mental image in such a way that you can actually read the inscriptions on the bottle or box perfectly. This exercise will dramatically increase your willpower, concentration, visualization, and memory. The student who continues this exercise even into his later training will be able to remember entire pages of books verbatim with photographic memory. What is necessary at this point in time is to carry on with this exercise until the student can retain a crystal clear image of either a complex detailed object or a box/bottle with a good bit of writing on it and maintain this for 30 minutes with no interruptions. This will take about 6 months of steady, twice a day training in this exercise. Start with 10 minutes per sitting giving 20 minutes a day in the beginning stages and as you progress advance to two sitting of 30 minutes for 1 hour a day of practice in this technique. The student who makes time (notice I used “make” instead of “find”) to do this exercise for more than 1 hour a day will make very good progress. "

I'll be following that for imagination training, since I don't find my ability good to visualise or imagine yet, so I should probably heed this advice.

Could you please explain porebreathing and accumulation?

Also, what do you mean by "PS: I am in the Flow btw." -- are you a student at TDS?

Best wishes and thanks again :)

July 06, 2015, 04:09:45 AM
Reply #5

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@IIHBuddy89: I wasn't talking to you, you little attention wh*re :-P.

July 06, 2015, 05:54:51 AM
Reply #6

Explorer

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Try to stay conscious through out the day! (be aware of your thougts arising and your emotions, observe how your mind react in different situations all day not just in askesis time) Observing your thoughts before falling asleep is one of the most beneficial things, because if you do it right, after a while you will have lucid dreams lot more easily and lucid dreaming is one of the greatest tools for self-transformation and communication with your subsconcious. Sooner you start experiencing with lucid-dreaming the better (it will be a very beneficial skill later)!

hi can you please explain how does lucid dreaming helps in self transformation and what are its uses later on in magic training ?

secondly - what is the best technique for beginner that is taught in TDS ?

Thanks

July 07, 2015, 01:46:14 AM
Reply #7

IIHbuddy89

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
@IIHBuddy89: I wasn't talking to you, you little attention wh*re :-P.

Hahaha I just realized it lol. Sry bro.  :wink:

I'll be following that for imagination training, since I don't find my ability good to visualise or imagine yet, so I should probably heed this advice.

That's just visual imagination (aka visualization) Veos is talking about here (he's advice is very good of course). I reccomend though to practise auditory and feeling imagination too. Conjuring up any sound, picture, feeling/emotion at will is one of the most important skills of a trained magician. So start now.

Could you please explain porebreathing and accumulation?

Pore breathing (with the vital force) and vital force accumulation is explained in detail in the IIH. Veos also talks about in his commentary. Basically you imagine that you inhale the universal vital force with every inhalation you keep inside it a bit and you exhale the vital force (you can do that along with normal inhalation of physical air). This will balance your elements if you practise it every day since the vital force contains all 5 elements (while the vital force in you it supllements what is missing from your elemental makeup and with every exhalation you can get rid of the excess). So  if your elemental balance ratio is like fire - 10%, air - 40%, earth - 30%, water - 20% than the vital force and pore breathing can make it the desired 25%-25%-25%-25% (that is basically the magickal equipose).  

Accumulation is the same as pore breathing just you not exhale the vital force immediately. With every inhalation you accumulate more and more vital force in you until you feel it's enough already (you will feel a strong pressure that is not too pleasant after a while). 20 inhalation is enough in the beginning. This has a balancing function like the pore breathing but has a stretching function also. What is physical excercise to the body it is vital force accumulation for the subtle bodies.

Never start accumulating the vital force until you not mastered pore breathing though. And keep an empty mind always in both excercise since the vital force is very malleable and if you think about random things you will inhale that along with the vital force and it will be imprinted on your aura....So keep an empty and calm mind and do not start this until you not have at least a little success with the void meditation.

Also, what do you mean by "PS: I am in the Flow btw." -- are you a student at TDS?

Yes i am a student of TDS. In TDS now there is a Probationer Class, after that an Aspirant Class and after the Flow for many years. Now it all changing anyway and from august there will be an entirely new 7 level system so won't be any flows.

hi can you please explain how does lucid dreaming helps in self transformation and what are its uses later on in magic training ?

When you are in a dream you are in the land of your subsconcious mind. You can finally communicate with it DIRECTLY. In hypnosis and autosuggestion you just TRY to give instructions for your subsconscious and you can only communicate with it indirectly. But in your dream you can talk to the dream and it answers. Try it next time if you get conscious in your dream shout in your dream "Show me something cool" or if you have a problem that you cannot solve shout that "Show me how to solve XY" or whatever. Of course the subsconscious is not communicating with words. It takes time until you can understand it's language but it can be a very important tool in self crafting and your soul mirror work since the dream symbols already show you how your mind function at the moment and the easiest way to make the subsconcious fulfill your wishes (if you want to get rid of one of your vices etc) is to communicate your wish in its own world (the dreamland). There is a reason why in hypnosis you should be relaxed and go very deeeeep in order to be effective. That's not a problem in dreaming since you already in a very deep state.

There's even a thing called "Dream Yoga" that is practised by some buddhists. It focuses on achieving enlightenment with the help of your dreams.
You can look it up.

Also i could list many more things. Just think about that sometimes you don't have enough time for practising etc. In dream space time is not a problem. You can stay in a dream for hourse but in reality you were there just for 5 minutes. So if you didn't have time to do your practises in daytime you can do them in your dreams.

Of course to achieve that you should first learn how to stabilize the dream and how to stay in it as long as you want. After you can learn how to manipulate it. This is a looooong process though (I am still a beginner in this so im not an expert yet, though i figured out how to stabilize the dream already if it starts to collapse).

Lucid dreaming can be used to jump into OBE too later....

secondly - what is the best technique for beginner that is taught in TDS ?

Best technique are the Olympus meditations you will become familiar if you get in.

July 07, 2015, 08:16:46 AM
Reply #8

Pax_Valeos

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thank you very much IIHBuddy,

I appreciate your thoughts. I will try that.

Do you know when theDivineScience will open up a new probationer class? I really hope I will be accepted.

Best wishes,

Pax Valeos

July 19, 2015, 04:35:35 PM
Reply #9

Svatejasaa

• Veritas Teacher
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Pax_Valeos,

If you're hoping to get some guidance on preparing for TDS training, you can PM me with questions as I am a teacher there. However, I will say that Prophecy (Ramose) and Veos do not stand behind some of the things they taught in their articles on Veritas, since those were fairly early on in their career. For example, they would no longer recommend that you perform the LIRP/LBRP - and nor would I - because it won't really help you for the purposes of TDS training. Their articles here are not representative of what they are teaching now at TDS, besides the general notion of magic as a divine science.  A better understanding of their teaching would be found on the TDS website.

The best preparatory steps you could take right now would be to practice step 1 (and up to step 2) of Initiation Into Hermetics and either sukha purvaka or qigong (esp. the 18 lohan). Regular exercise will also help. Tarot and ritual work, are not going to do much for your initial training.

Also, more is not always better with spiritual practice. Practicing as much as you have suggested would not be advisable so early on in training. When it comes to spiritual practice, you typically want to start small and gradually build up the duration, otherwise you may burn out quickly.  I would not recommend accumulating the vital force until you have been meditating for a few months, and have already spent some time on doing the vital force pore breathing.

For a disciplined person who is new to energy work, I would recommend something like the following (these are not exact guidelines):

~10min stretch or perform asanas to warmup
10-40 rounds of sukha purvaka, or ~10-20 minutes of qigong
10-20 minutes of thought observation (there's no need to do void as a separate practice)
10 minutes on the soul mirror

Repeated twice a day if you can. Undisciplined people can start with less repetitions/time and work up to something like this.

If you want to spend more time, consider taking up a good exercise habit and reading scripture or magical works. For beginners, I'd recommend, in order:

1. The Theory section of Initiation Into Hermetics by Bardon
2. The Three Books of Occult Philosophy by Agrippa (only the first book - esp. the sections that summarize Plato)
3. Plato's Alciabiades (traditionally the first Platonic dialogue studied by the Neoplatonists - on the importance of the teacher)
4. Aristotle's Nicomachaean Ethics (for guidelines on virtue, vice, and happiness)
5. Plato's Republic (namely for an introduction to his thought, the allegory of the cave, analogy of the sun, the divided line, and the myth of er)
6. Exhortation to Philosophy by Iamblichus
7. If you have a ton of much time and are very ambitious: Plotinus' Enneads (you would want to start with a high level description of Plotinus like that found in "Return to the One" by Hines, because Plotinus can be difficult to understand).

Reading anything spiritual to uplift the mind is helpful.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 04:46:35 PM by Svatejasaa »

July 19, 2015, 11:40:17 PM
Reply #10

TheAghora

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I would recommend similar things as to what people have explained here already. Though if you would rather speed your learning up, there are some things you can do to help this. When practicing Trataka, I would recommend using the Sri Yantra. The goal when you do this is to keep your eyes opened for as long as you possibly car, staring at it. You do this until your eyes water, and only shut them when you absolutely cannot handle it any longer. When using them Yantra, I wouldn't do it for too long. I would also recommend that you carry this Yantra on your person, such as in your wallet or close to your person. Over time you will be able to stare longer and longer, and you will notice the effects from this quickly. You will also notice the effect that it has on your eye sight, and ability to focus, as well as will development. I strongly encourage you to do this daily, up to 15 minutes being the goal, though eventually you want to make it to the 30 minute mark.

Next, Sun Gazing has been something I've come to enjoy over the last year. I started it as an experiment and a time for myself in the morning when everyone is asleep. I get up early for this (as you have to, to do this properly). If you like, I will PM you some information about sun gazing. The theory behind it is that the sun gives off energy, energy that makes plants grow, everything live. When you consume something, you are consuming a portion of vitality out of it, along with physical food. Though as a magician, you learn how to breath in vital force as well, so this is much similar to doing that. The idea being that the sun is a large force of vital force energy, and you can pull it into yourself through gazing at it, the energy coming in through your eyes. After the first month you'll notice a huge difference from it (I did!).

Next, I would recommend that you take part in a Qi gong or martial art class. Preferably a school that offers both the soft, and the hard. Look for Chinese Martial Art schools local to you. They generally teach more then one style. I would recommend Xingyiquan, Tajiquan, or Bagua as the internal art. Each one of these will take you a long time to truly master (though some seem more simplistic then others, don't let the exterior fool you). These martial arts, and the majority of the internal arts, will teach you how to move your internal energy (Qi/vital force), how to master your Yi (Intention), how to transmute your Qi into different polarities (Yin and Yang, used for different purposes). As well as going in depth with the use of the elements, how they correspond to internal organs, and the 5 senses. This helps to train you energetically, and in the spirit. A "hard" martial art, one that is more physical, will help to also develop your Will, and strength your body. It's a triangle, the Mind, Body, and Spirit. If each one has balance, it makes your magical journey much easier to follow. When one of these areas becomes out of balance, you feel it in the other areas. A poor diet (physical) will effect how you feel, your energy level, and what you're capable of doing. So it stretches more then being just physical. I would recommend Wing Chun, often times you can find a Chinese Martial Art school that will teach Tajiquan and Wing Chun; probably the most common of the two taught in America.

Well, I tried to not just repeat what everyone else already said. I hope this helps! If you add this to your training, you can kill a couple birds with the same stone. Such as the martial arts, they are going to the gym, your workout (if you have a good teacher it will do more for you then just going to the gym). It's all about time management. The more you can manage your time, the more training you can get. It's not always about setting aside an hour to get some training in. Some of the time you have to use the time you have driving, walking, shopping. This lets you use your time for more then one purpose, time is valuable. Every minute that goes by is time you wont have back, so keep that in mind. When I walk to the store I often practice forms on the way there, and on the way back, even with grocery's in my hands (they act kind of as a weight I guess). When I go to the store, I might run, or do something to get more out of it. This doesn't just apply to physical activity ether. One technique you can do for developing your mental agility and focus is to do mental math. Multiple long numbers in your head, visualizing the numbers there. 4 to 6 digit numbers, by 4 to 6 digit numbers. You use your mind as a blackboard and do it all in your mind. When you get better at it, increase the numbers. These are only examples of what you can do, you just have to make your time work for you. Bruce Lee did this too, and it's what made him the worlds best fighter. When we would go to the store, we wouldn't walk. He would run. He never let a minute that he had be "normal", because he thought of it as lost time. He wanted all the time that he had to be useful.