Author Topic: Greetings everyone.  (Read 1918 times)

May 28, 2015, 10:36:21 PM
Read 1918 times

Kedezih

• View Profile
Greetings everyone,

I found this forum and felt compelled to join. I enjoy reading the views and experiences of others. I seek to Know ThySelf and the methods of practical application to attain such. One might say to pierce the veil of the clouded sanctuary within.

My background started like many, sifting books for the truth, dabbling in magical ritual and meditative practices. I met my first teacher at a bookstore, who taught Jungian psychology and dream interpretation, Qabalah studies, Thelema, comparative religion and esoteric studies. I merely skimmed the surface I feel.
I was in my early twenties and had much foundational work that I overlooked. I wanted to travel the astral plane to the invisible college and develop my dormant faculties of perception, overlooking the need for a sufficient degree of self mastery over my thoughts and emotions.

The inevitable occurred and I became unbalanced and fell into the guidance of strife and suffering. I made a lot of choices that revealed the need for a foundation of self discipline and moral conduct, things I had learned in the Masonic Lodge yet failed to apply. Prerequisite training I feel is needed prior to inner knowledge, unfortunately I realized this in prison.

I just got out and I am looking forward to correctly approaching the mysteries of Self, having gained some ground on the formation of a strong foundation to build upon.

June 07, 2015, 07:19:01 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Welcome.  It sounds like you had a bumpy start there which has helped you highlight a lot of things to work on.  I applaud your positive approach toward trying to change through this.

One thing which will be very important for you is to not just try to know yourself, but also to use the meditative insights and gifts obtained from these arts to try to know others at a deep level as well.  Most of spiritual growth is about developing ourselves so that we make choices with a good collective outcome.  This requires understanding the souls of others, the impacts of events on the souls of others, and the way our choices consequentially affect the spiritual growth of everyone else, as well as our own.  Work on understanding this at a deep level and I think you'll find most of what you are looking for.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.