Author Topic: An idea i had.  (Read 3513 times)

December 23, 2003, 12:29:01 PM
Read 3513 times

quitewarrior

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
Pretty much everyone who has knowledge of qi knows that it can help you in martial arts. One of the ways it helps you is by adding a little umf to your punches,kicks,and other strikes. I was wondering if anyone had done any experiments by using that same theory by passing there energy into other objects My idea is to add an extra umf to say a block of wood that i threw. I am also quite proffiecient in throwing cards,so it would be nice to add a little umf to that if i throw it at someone. Sorry if it sounds like fluff,even though it does sound like one of the x-mens abilities whose name escapes me at the moment, but i am not trying to make explosive cards if thats what you think.
You can either agree with me or you could be wrong.

What would you rather be,honorable and dead,or dishonorable and alive."

December 23, 2003, 02:03:51 PM
Reply #1

intox

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Bandit is his name... or something with a G... i forget which... but i would say this is possible...
As the tears of a snowdrop,
Traverse my dented scars.
Cleanse the illusions of lonliness,
Oh, wonderous white clusters.
Dissolve the fetters of blinding summer,
And plunge me back into
My "emotional winter".

-A poem of mine...

December 23, 2003, 02:08:53 PM
Reply #2

psion juggalo

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
GAMBIT!i thought about ways to make combat type cards like his before but with psionics
oh well,i tried
yes you did, and you failed. so let this be a lesson to all the little kids: never try ^_^

dude.  learn from The Punisher.  someone fucks with you, you start blowing shit up.

December 23, 2003, 03:49:39 PM
Reply #3

Quagmire

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Interesting thought. Thats just something you will have to experiment with.
-Q

December 23, 2003, 04:51:21 PM
Reply #4

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
well, if your talking about adding more force to your strikes, thats something that chi is good for. Internal power is one aspect of it that naturally emerges with practice.

December 23, 2003, 05:04:19 PM
Reply #5

Here and There

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valleyart.biz
That might work, sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if the chi/ki/qi would dissipate by the time it made it to the target. If you figure out whether or not it would work, post it. I would like to use that sometime... :)
Having been struck once, and object is only more likely to break when struck again; don't strike me.

December 23, 2003, 05:05:57 PM
Reply #6

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
I believe you would actually need some life in the object to hold the energy. It can be possible with the creation of, say, a construct or two in the object. Among many other things you can also use magic and enchant it or lace it with energy for better use but long distance I'm not sure.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

December 23, 2003, 05:19:23 PM
Reply #7

Schifu

• A Veritas Regular

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Muay Thai is perfect, the practitioners are not
    • View Profile
It's a nice hypothesis, but one that would never really work unless you're aiming for a more potential goal, that being using prana to provide power for the actual throw. The thing is that you can't use the 'hard' of a card and turn it into 'soft'. You're into soft martial arts so you get the picture.

Also you can't implement chi into a inanimate object such as a plastic card.
I'm mainly a hard style practitioner as you might know and I practice Mukki boxing and Muay Thai aswell as Judo. The only soft style that I've tried and kept working with for a while is Sarid Sarak so the only real simple example I can give that might work is a simple soft to hard punch. I'm pretty sure something similar must exist in most soft styles where you turn soft body motion quickly into hard for power...
I bring absolutely nothing to the table. ^^

December 23, 2003, 10:51:25 PM
Reply #8

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
The best way to add umph with an object that you plan on throwing (like a brick) is to use Ki to make your throw harder and to make your aim more accurate.  If the object is staying in your hand (like a sword) then you can put Ki into the sword as well to help create a "one-ness" with it to make your attacks deadlier.
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

December 26, 2003, 10:03:08 PM
Reply #9

warriorjc

• Settling In

• Banned

• Personal Text
    Banned
    • View Profile
Quote from: quitewarrior
Pretty much everyone who has knowledge of qi knows that it can help you in martial arts. One of the ways it helps you is by adding a little umf to your punches,kicks,and other strikes. I was wondering if anyone had done any experiments by using that same theory by passing there energy into other objects My idea is to add an extra umf to say a block of wood that i threw. I am also quite proffiecient in throwing cards,so it would be nice to add a little umf to that if i throw it at someone. Sorry if it sounds like fluff,even though it does sound like one of the x-mens abilities whose name escapes me at the moment, but i am not trying to make explosive cards if thats what you think.[/QUOTE

thats a great idea im goin to try it ;)
if you beleve everiting is posible even fly ;)

December 26, 2003, 10:11:21 PM
Reply #10

warriorjc

• Settling In

• Banned

• Personal Text
    Banned
    • View Profile
Quote from: Schifu
It's a nice hypothesis, but one that would never really work unless you're aiming for a more potential goal, that being using prana to provide power for the actual throw. The thing is that you can't use the 'hard' of a card and turn it into 'soft'. You're into soft martial arts so you get the picture.

Also you can't implement chi into a inanimate object such as a plastic card.
I'm mainly a hard style practitioner as you might know and I practice Mukki boxing and Muay Thai aswell as Judo. The only soft style that I've tried and kept working with for a while is Sarid Sarak so the only real simple example I can give that might work is a simple soft to hard punch. I'm pretty sure something similar must exist in most soft styles where you turn soft body motion quickly into hard for power...

you dont practice a lot of energy do you because i bealeve in anyting just try it dont just go on saing no no no it cant be done before you even take a  shot at it
if you beleve everiting is posible even fly ;)

December 26, 2003, 11:28:33 PM
Reply #11

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
I personally think chi, psi, and magick are all forms of the same energy, so essentially, yes you could, but with all the mental blocks I see formed, you might have trouble. The only way to find out, is to do it.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/