Author Topic: Swami Kenananda's Weekly Message 3-24-15  (Read 5859 times)

March 26, 2015, 02:02:12 AM
Read 5859 times

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile

Freedom
One should strive for what is meant by this word called FREEDOM. Make it your daily mantra. Make it your livelihood.
Strive for freedom from your own self, this self that is so full of anger, fear, hatred and pride, this ego-self that is making judgments on others as well as on yourself. Strive for freedom, but not the freedom with judgement connected to it.

There is such a freedom of being your own true Self, a Self that loves, and loves without 'a reason' to love. It is the highest form of all love. Be that one Self who does action without thinking about it, that one Self that has no words that can explain what that Self is, It just Is.

It is the Self without a second. This type of freedom does not come easy. You have to work for it. This is the freedom that all should work for. It should start when one knows that this freedom exists. Then, put some kind of effort towards it. By meditating, contemplating and living this freedom, your way to happiness is found.

April 27, 2015, 10:01:22 AM
Reply #1

Dannerz

• Settling In

• View Profile
I basically agree with these statements.

July 08, 2015, 10:11:45 PM
Reply #2

Shankara

• Settling In

• View Profile
My husband and I love receiving Swami Ken's messages of the week.  We have been to his satsangs and have spent personal time with him at the home where he was staying during his travels, where we shared meals and early morning meditations with him.  He also gave us a lecture on the Yoga Vasistha, which was Shivabalayogi's favorite scripture.  He told us about his ashram in Minnesota, and the Shiva ling he found for it, which was quite the story.  

We were very pleasantly surprised when he was so willing to talk to us; he was very down to earth.  I have found humility to be rare in spiritual teachers.  He's not my guru (I follow Yogiraj Satgurunath Siddhanath), but he's definitely worth going to see if he is speaking near you, especially if you can talk to him afterwards.  His schedule is on his site (www.swamikena.org).  Just being a direct disciple of Shivabalayogi is enough of a reason to see him IMO.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:15:29 PM by Shankara »