Author Topic: Discussion on the Definiton of Magick  (Read 2445 times)

January 28, 2015, 10:55:50 AM
Read 2445 times

Kyfixorus

• Settling In

• View Profile
In my thought form.

Magick - the translation of a thought to a physical manifestation of projected conscious.

Now is matter a thought, or is matter a real creation? I think it's both. It can't be one with out the other. Meaning that with practice thought can become real, the more practice the more instatntanous the projection can become.
When your eyes are open its the physical
When your eyes are closed its the etheral
If you act the part reality will chase you
Be the being you wish and the choices will tighten the knot of thought to become your new conscious state.

January 29, 2015, 11:46:36 AM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I like that definition, but it seems limited. I would further define magic as the (co-) creative force of the metaphysicians will and any other entities or energies that are present and willing to help the manifestation along.

I don't think thoughts are matter or vice versa, but thought can become matter by appropriate action, and matter can be mutatated, or transmutated, into a more subtle energy.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

January 30, 2015, 05:00:02 AM
Reply #2

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
Magic is a collection of tools and skills that can be applied any circumstance or goal, those things being decided by the Magician who possesses those tools and skills.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

January 30, 2015, 06:27:11 AM
Reply #3

Kyfixorus

• Settling In

• View Profile
In my own practice I have been studying the energy correlation to chakras and reiki. Combining aspects of cosmic energy, Qi, and psi. When combined I believe I am on a path to create the most potent form of spirtial healing. Also I really like how everyone describes magic in their own ways, yet we all have the same General depiction as to what it is.

Leading me to the the creation of the most simplistic Definiton of magick - a change of will.
Be the being you wish and the choices will tighten the knot of thought to become your new conscious state.

January 30, 2015, 11:42:07 AM
Reply #4

Kyfixorus

• Settling In

• View Profile
Shamans believe spirits cause all disease, while I am a shaman, I don't fully believe in spirits causing the disease. I believe that spirtual energy exists, and all of that energy has the capability to manifest it self via the thoughts of the practitioner. So this led me to the discovery that energy is so easy to control, because everything is energy. I don't much care for psi related feats of telekenis, but if you think of the show avatar the last airbender, and the art of blood bending. Apply that theory to reiki, the chakras, Qi, cosmic energy, and finally the ability to control all of these things using psi. You have a profound way of healing someone's energy body. Because the energy body is the eventual frame the physical body will take place. (Under my thought process this is all based on intention, and he intention is selfless and for a good cause, therefor the "creator" will see my actions as such and allow the will to be my own. Because my will is above the creator as we all came from the same source circling back once more to say I am my own creator, much like we are our own creation. And they are just what else came of it.)