Author Topic: Basic Guide to 'Energy'  (Read 6483 times)

January 15, 2015, 01:58:33 PM
Read 6483 times

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
To begin, 'energy' is a concept of the vital/spiritual source of our life, from the simple act of waking up and living a mundane life to 'supernatural' abilities and 'divine communication'. Energy is the most common word used to describe the theories and processes about to be presented, so it is the word that will be used instead of using words from other cultures, because even then the cultural and religious understanding is still unique to the culture: Qi is not Shakti is not Mana is not Orgone is not Magis is not Virtue, yet they all hold a similar interpretation that this essence, this vital something, exists internally and externally in the form of flows and abstract concepts relating to our organic health, planetary evolution, and over all being. I hope you enjoy the processes and theories.

FLOWS AND METHODS

PUSHING AND PULLING (AND VARIATIONS) - The act of moving already present energy to and from a person, object or situation. This method can be used to heal and damage, banish and conjure.

CONNECTING - Combining energy of a person, object, or event to you. This strengthens the overall power of the first method.

RECEIVING AND GIVING - Internalizing or externalizing energy. Taking in bad energy to heal (see Transmutation) or good energy to drain, giving bad energy to harm or good energy to heal.

TRANSMUTATION - Changing already present energy to fit desire and conditions. This is good for healing and banishing.

ETHERIC ANATOMY

Various cultures around the world have beliefs and practices to benefit and empower the subtle senses which can be done through the concept of subtle bodies that connect each organ and ability to an energetic vortex or pool of potential.

In Hinduism we have the seven Chakras (wheels), each correlating to a visceral and nervous system and etheric power governed by a specific deity that can be called upon through the three keys of Mantra, Yantra, and Asana (Word, Symbol, and Posture).

In Qigong we have three Dan Ti'ens, or Cauldrons, that relate to the physical-energetic-spiritual dimensions. On the highest level of training we have Nei Gong, or internal practice. Qigong that becomes Nei Gong has exercises and philosophies for martial arts (Hard Qigong/Iron Body), Healing (Golden Body/Rainbow Body) and spiritual advancement (Dao).

Similar to the Chinese, Irish bards believe in three internal Cauldrons as well; those of Movement (lower), Vocation (middle), and Wisdom (higher).

Each pool or collection of energies are equated to elements, emotions, and various physical and esoteric attributes and symbols such as color, deity, intonations, et cetera.

Not only do we have centers of energy within our bodies we have bodies, or symbolic constructs, of energy that expand out from our inner spiritual center to the cosmos, and some believe through dimensions and time as well.

There are believed to be anywhere from three to fourteen subtle external emanations, but the most popular are the bodies of Physical Reality, Electromagnetic Reality, Mental and Emotional Reality, Etheric and Astral Reality, Cosmic Reality, and Causal or Divine Reality, and the easiest to remember are the Physical, Mental/Emotional, and Spiritual.

These bodies are reached, harnessed and attuned with your nature and desire through meditative and mind altering practices ranging from still point (focal) meditation to ceremonial magic that calls upon the aid of spiritual beings, such as angelic intelligences or Pagan deities.

Here is a brief description of three of the most widely talked about and understood bodies:

PHYSICAL - Flesh, bone, blood, organs, bio-electric, bio-chemical, and psycho-social experience. Relaxation, exercise, and diet contribute to a healthy and vital physical body.

ENERGETIC VIA EMOTIONAL - Feelings toward thoughts past and present, dangers or safeties real or imagined. Deeper flow of bio-electric, bio-chemical, and psycho-social aspects. Empathy, intuition, kinetic (or 'auric') awareness. Breathing, stretching, relaxed movement, and laughter (in good will and humor) contribute to a healthy and vital Energetic via Emotional body.

MENTAL OR (PSYCHO)-SPIRITUAL- Awareness of self, others, and concepts. Past life regression, prophecy, psi, magic, et cetera. Meditation, prayer, and extra sensory exercises contribute to a healthy and vital Psycho-Spiritual body.

ENERGY, ETHICS, AND SPIRITUAL BEINGS

A deity or guardian spirit has its own unique energy. Each being vibrates, moves, listens and reacts according to their own natures, not our ideas of how they should be. They are each a unique consciousness.

Do not confuse praise and thanks to a deity for idol worship. Praise and thanks builds communication and lasting relationships with spirits; idol worship drains a person or group of their personal energy.

When we give praise or thanks we are acknowledging spirit as a friend, guide, and master of their craft not as a master over us. When we blindly worship we are feeding an egregor (group construct) or a vampiric being. One is an exchange of love and learning, the other is slavery. Love and learning builds confidence, power, and faith; slavery depletes these attributes and builds arrogance, selfishness and hatred. Beware of why and how you are practicing.

Blessings.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

January 24, 2015, 05:53:37 AM
Reply #1

YMI

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
all in all good and concise but im confused on this section-

Not only do we have centers of energy within our bodies we have bodies, or symbolic constructs, of energy that expand out from our inner spiritual center to the cosmos, and some believe through dimensions and time as well.

wot are these bodies or symbolic constructs you speak of? are you referencing things like the emotional body, astral body, light body etc?

January 24, 2015, 05:28:29 PM
Reply #2

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
wot are these bodies or symbolic constructs you speak of? are you referencing things like the emotional body, astral body, light body etc?

Exactly.  :wink:

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

February 16, 2015, 10:18:18 PM
Reply #3

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Some like myself believe that there are another 6 chakras, a salmon coloured one at the base of your feet through which one diserpates to ground. The White or silver light which is ones gateway to everything none physical and a further 4 multicoloured chakras stretching out passed/through the White chakra. All the chakras are linked and interdependent on each other eg if the crown chakra is diminished then the stability chakra is compromised which intern makes the heart chakra fickle. Although one can start to see the White chakra it is not until the basic 7 chakras are becoming used and are aligning that it can be accessed. It is not until these basic 7 are blossoming that one will be able to see the ground chakra and then be able to see the chakras through the White chakra. These 4 multicoloured chakras are in two groups and both in the group must be open and blossoming to enable there energy to be utilised by the basic 7 chakras, think of it as super powers.

The basic 7 chakras can be opened, cleansed, emptied and refilled, basic energy manipulation plus the use of plastic hands? The ground and white are just there and just need some maintenance but the 4 are different. These contain ones history/learning but any negative history/learning must be put right before the chakras will open and blossom fully, you can not go in to the chakra and repair it, one must travel back and put right negative Karma, one does this with the aid of ones guide, guardians and highest self. After completing this you will have integrated all past selfs into yourself and hence become your own highest self

Please be aware that this is advanced stuff and I have missed out how to do things deliberately, if you find it hard reading don't worry your time will come!

Searcher
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

February 16, 2015, 11:16:13 PM
Reply #4

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Different systems have different numbers of chakras, but I don't know how many stem from tradition or modern interpretations.

February 16, 2015, 11:57:12 PM
Reply #5

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
It is considered new (not new age)

Man is now turning away from monotheism as he once turned away paganism and multi theism and it is allowing for greater freedom of thought and spiritual evolutionary development. As part of this, new areas of metaphysics are becoming visible, this is recognised by many not just a few. Science now knows that we do not see everything nor do we feel or hear everything and we are slowly coming to terms with the loss of an old standard - time!

It may well be that today's revelations are tomorrow's yesterday as we develop further who knows where it leads.

Searcher
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?

February 17, 2015, 10:41:50 AM
Reply #6

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
What 'energy' really comes down to, at least for me, is vitality, awareness, and balance of the spiritual and mundane. The systems are just there to guide and inspire us until we discover our unique signatures and understanding of subtleties and dimentions of our metaphysical aspects.

February 17, 2015, 11:09:33 AM
Reply #7

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Energy is simple yet complex, hard but soft, negative and positive? When one reaches cosmic communion one will learn that the all is energy and energy is the all!

Simply said, energy is

Searcher

February 17, 2015, 01:09:34 PM
Reply #8

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Energy is the thing that animates, manipulates, and transmutates, but I disagree it is all. It is by far more subtle than material objects and electromagnetic frequencies, although it can be used to guide and transmute physical and electromagnetic form.

February 17, 2015, 02:19:51 PM
Reply #9

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
It's not my intent to convert anyone, so please remember this.

Try not to think of the all in terms of religion or deities but in the meaning 'everything'. Hence one is part of the all, the difficult bit is the all is part of oneself.

Searcher

October 08, 2015, 08:22:00 PM
Reply #10

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile

Similar to the Chinese, Irish bards believe in three internal Cauldrons as well; those of Movement (lower), Vocation (middle), and Wisdom (higher).

Do you have any source for this? Because it sounds like something someone just adapted from the Chinese system to throw into their syncretic neo-pagan practice, and as far as I know absolutely no first hand knowledge of this kind survived from the Celts.

October 09, 2015, 12:49:22 AM
Reply #11

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Check out the 'Cauldrons of Poesy'. I am honestly not sure if it has traditional Celtic roots or not, but it is definitely popular in Celtic magic books.