Author Topic: Time slowed?  (Read 3415 times)

December 18, 2014, 08:31:51 AM
Read 3415 times

Xenophon

• Settling In

• View Profile
A few days ago  I was thinking about something very complicated and looked at the clock (while still thinking about it), while I was looking at it the indicator for seconds stayed on same second for what seemed like at least 2 seconds and when I noticed that, I stopped thinking about what I was thinking before and focused on that only to find it return  to normal speed as soon as I focused on it. This led me to belive that I might have changed my perception of time or time speed itself (less  likely). Did anything like this happen to anyone?

December 18, 2014, 09:23:57 AM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I don't know what it is, but that happens to me a lot. Sometimes a minute will go by as if it were three minutes and other times five minutes will go by as if it's 30 seconds. Time lasts longer when you stare at a clock. So, there is also that.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

December 18, 2014, 01:22:08 PM
Reply #2

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
That may have been an example of chronostasis. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronostasis

**Edit: for some reason, I had a keyboard shortcut to replace "an" with "dudstaudgovihatdigogkchdgsgs"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:05:32 PM by Merlin »
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

December 18, 2014, 05:04:34 PM
Reply #3

Kyfixorus

• Settling In

• View Profile
This also naturally happens time to time as a coping mechanism. I have personally taken a liking to the development of this ability of the human condition. I use to have add, still do but I have directed its focus towards beneficial stimuli. Add/adhd is a spirtual deformity. It's a plague of the mind and in rare cases, Such as my own can lead to chronic Boredum, and severe depression. However, the aspects of adhd work very well as a malauble mental energy that when steered in the right directiom can rapidly synchronize to a multitude of psychic energy. Once you find a mantra that works for you. Think about, say it out loud, the. With tor mind repeat it over and over again as fast as you can until that single verse of thought resonates with your every being. 

I did this with the words "time travel" "speed up time" "slow down time" and it works very well for me on the mundane tasks such as a lame job.

Another one of my discoveries in relation to this time slow sensation is attention to detail. When I walk into a new room or just any room in general I look at everything the room has in it, the only thing you have to avoid checking is the time. Avoid time checks at all costs. If you happen to see the time pretend as you haven't because everything will have a reverse or canceling effect on your intial intentions.
When your eyes are open its the physical
When your eyes are closed its the etheral
If you act the part reality will chase you
Be the being you wish and the choices will tighten the knot of thought to become your new conscious state.

December 21, 2014, 08:29:52 PM
Reply #4

Xenophon

• Settling In

• View Profile
That may have been dudstaudgovihatdigogkchdgsgs example of chronostasis. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronostasis
From what I read about chronostasis it only makes time look .5 seconds longer at max, what I saw took at least 2 seconds or more. Cant reproduce it yet as I only did it while I was thinking about some very complicated concepts, I might have actually gotten in a meditative state by accident so that might have slown down time too, I know that in meditation time can pass at different rates. I kind of felt like waking up when I noticed second indicator slowing and stopped thinking about whatever I was thinking to focus on it.

December 23, 2014, 05:56:52 AM
Reply #5

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
This always seems to happen to me during the most useless meetings.

But yeah, it's actually very easy to misjudge periods of time, because when we estimate how long it has been, we are actually comparing real time to a more nebulous parameter like our awareness of events passing.  Sometimes the events passing are even just in our own mind, and time seems to take a very long time.  People in isolation and cut off from external stimuli typically end up with radically stretched estimates of how much time has passed.  When you focus on a clock, you tend to automatically calibrate to it, so you won't experience this when you are focusing on it.

In your first experience, the fact that you were thinking about something very complicated is why you had the temporal experience.  You were measuring the passage of time relative to how many things you thought, and in the midst of your complicated thought, you probably had several thoughts pass in parallel, which your brain sorted into a longer sequence of thoughts.  Thus, you perceived more "time" passing in one clock tick, which was actually just more thoughts happening.

The seasonal master of time dilation -->     :santa: :reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer:
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

August 04, 2015, 10:21:41 AM
Reply #6

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
So I consider myself an expert on the manipulation of time, or one's perception of it, with both psi and magick practices. Let me say this, while it is possible that you may have unconsciously manipulated time itself, or your perception of it, it is also highly unlikely. The process of altering time and one's perception of it takes a significant amount of energy, far more than one can usually produce without dedicated focus. Since you have not been able to reproduce the effect, then there is your answer.

June 16, 2016, 08:03:02 PM
Reply #7

Xenophon

• Settling In

• View Profile
Sometimes when I think somewhere and close my eyes for a moment I think for what seems to me minutes when once I open my eyes only seconds have passed. This isnt easy to reproduce as it requires very complicated things to think about  (mostly happens when I try to understand something and I get a huge amount of information while thinking about it within short time sort of like a "breakthrough")