Author Topic: About suicide  (Read 10785 times)

October 31, 2014, 10:33:10 AM
Reply #15

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Suicide sucks because that is because death sucks (mainly of a loved one or one percieved as innocent, such as a child), but I think it is rather ignoble and ridiculous to even think you know what happens in an occult sense. Until you die you don't know, you only have fragments of ancient teachings and magical workings. The realm of death is still the most 'occult' of occult teachings. Period.

Mentioning the Tibetans suicide counters your belief that suicide is bad and out of selfishness. It's called martyrdom, which is percieved as a noble and glorious practice, and I agree 100% with Rayn on altruistic suicide. Taking your life is taking your life whether it be in loving sacrifice or piss poor decisions - you're still dying by your own volition.

The Samurai were big on ritual suicide. Counter to your belief that suicide (remember all acts of taking ones life are considered suicide) leads to hell realms, the Samurai believed that you avoided hell realms (by dishonor) by taking your own life. Whether you fully disembowel yourself or are beheaded before you can scream (thus dishonoring yourself further), they are both ritual acts of suicide that help seal your honor within your clan.

Seppuku and other forms of suicide are currently considered as a crime in Japan, Japanese wives are also no longer forced to commit suicide on her husband's burial. Plus, islamic suicide bombers are also considered martyrs by some, so do I understand it correctly that you also see that as fine?

October 31, 2014, 11:27:05 AM
Reply #16

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Read the first sentence "suicide sucks..." and yes, if it is part of your culture that you firmly believe and feel drawn toward ritual suicide for honor or martyr yourself for a cause that speaks deeply to you and ignites a fiery passion that also helps others, I am perfectly okay with it. Legal or otherwise.

Yes, I would be sad, tortured, and do all that I could from keeping a loved one from sacrificing themselves for a greater cause, be it for spiritual (honor) or (a)political causes. But that would make me rather selfish now wouldn't it? Where is their free will, their choice, their (literally) dying passion to save others and uphold a spiritual truth? If I am so righteous as to stop someone from saving many lives for the sake of one, what does that make me; a good friend or a monster? Suicide is a choice and there is nothing you can do to stop it if someone really wants to go, short of locking them in a padded cell or drugging them into zombies... which are both extremely selfish and disgusting ways of dealing with a loved ones need for compassionate self sacrifice.

Like a drug addict, you can't stop someone from taking their life you can only offer your love and a different choice, but in the end, they will make the decision and you have no choice but to accept that grueling fact or drown in your own perceptions of what is good and bad and what you can only guess what happens to them after they leave their physical bodies.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

October 31, 2014, 12:01:36 PM
Reply #17

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Chris: So your children can commit a suicide right away and you wouldn't care? Think carefully what you are going to answer, because this is a sensitive topic for both of us.

October 31, 2014, 12:31:17 PM
Reply #18

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
That is actually quite sad. Good part is it would hurt you, everyone would be hurt. But I don't believe you that you are actually following your philosophy. Don't also forget we did talk a lot about your problems and I did tell you a couple of times to think about your family when you were the one thinking about suicide. And now your ignorance can stop my tries to help others, as well.

October 31, 2014, 12:47:09 PM
Reply #19

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
Well, this descended quickly.

What Dreams May Come is known for being based on traditional spiritual knowledge, so a quick read or the film with Robin Williams (oh, irony) should be interesting for some.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

October 31, 2014, 02:15:41 PM
Reply #20

Sophocles

• Settling In

• View Profile
I personally don't believe in eternal hell like you talk about here. I think eternity is just a metaphor for "a long ass time."

October 31, 2014, 03:52:43 PM
Reply #21

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Don't also forget we did talk a lot about your problems and I did tell you a couple of times to think about your family when you were the one thinking about suicide.

...Is this something that you need to share on a public forum?

I believe it's on the topic. Plus it's not as I revealed some horrible fact, I just mentioned something. Plus Hellblazer as most of people here are anonymous, I am actually one of very few whose full name can be easily googled ;-). But don't worry, your secrets as well as everyone elses are safe.

November 01, 2014, 12:00:38 PM
Reply #22

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I believe that life is hell and were here to make it through it. I feel that you have to go through hell in order to get to heaven.
I feel like life is more of a purgatory or limbo of sorts, an in between place or experience between a heaven like place and a hell like place. More like experiences, because I view the astral realm as an experience that some are closely connected to and others not so much, housing both torments and blessings, like the Wiccan idea of Summerland. Beyond Summerland I believe we just expand or fade into the darkness and vastness of the cosmos, losing any sense of individual identification.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

November 01, 2014, 12:18:35 PM
Reply #23

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
What paradigm is this coming from? This is the first time I've seen suicide talked about in this manner, though "astral larvae" do sound familiar. And what would be the difference between a suicide and a natural or accidental death? What happens to people who don't die by their own hand?

What happens after death (or during death specifically, because that's what you really want to know) is a bit complex topic, so if you agree, I would keep this one on the suicide topic.

So what exactly was the topic? Was the purpose of this article simply to provide a possibility as to what happens when somebody kills them self or was this to say "prevent the people around you from committing suicide"?