Author Topic: A Few Questions About Psi  (Read 4849 times)

September 24, 2014, 07:50:09 PM
Read 4849 times

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
These questions have been unconsciously brewing for a while and my brain has finally translated them. Sorry if they seem juvenile.  :)

So, I have asked my Tarot, more than once and at different stages in life, if I should practice Psi, and they tell me, "No. Bad for your health ." Because the Cards never lie, of course I listen. With that said, does Psi, particularly kinesis and future selection, have anything to do with karma? Does 'good' or 'bad' karma dictate the potentials of manifesting results in Psi? (In the past I have had fatigue issues, so maybe the Cards were pointing that out to me in an abstract way).

I understand karma from a magical point of view, at least in my perception, because magic is traditionally interwoven with the Spirit Model, but Psi being more scientific and 'modern' (beyond the Energy and Spirit Models), how, or does, karma interact with Psi?

Also, according to certain magical and mystical sects Psi is an action of spirits; is this a shared viewpoint with any Veritas Psions? For example knowing a few members who practice Psi and are also Christian/Catholic, is God helping you perform your manipulations, or is it that you are just a Child, or Emenation, of God, and it is a natural ability of the soul, no spirit helping the object move or helping move along future manifestations?

"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

September 28, 2014, 05:54:32 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
So, I have asked my Tarot, more than once and at different stages in life, if I should practice Psi, and they tell me, "No. Bad for your health ." Because the Cards never lie, of course I listen. With that said, does Psi, particularly kinesis and future selection, have anything to do with karma? Does 'good' or 'bad' karma dictate the potentials of manifesting results in Psi? (In the past I have had fatigue issues, so maybe the Cards were pointing that out to me in an abstract way).

I understand karma from a magical point of view, at least in my perception, because magic is traditionally interwoven with the Spirit Model, but Psi being more scientific and 'modern' (beyond the Energy and Spirit Models), how, or does, karma interact with Psi?

Well, there are numerous views out there about what karma actually is.  There is the mystical "payback" theory of karma, which supposes that good or bad things you do will strike back at you in kind.  I think this model of karma probably does not actually exist in reality, and thus I would say it doesn't have any interaction with psi.

There is however a more legitimate view of karma which in summary can be thought of as doing good things creates a good existence in which we live, and doing bad things creates a bad existence in which we live.  This is absolutely true.  And it can be taken to another level in that making good choices makes our souls better, while making bad choices makes our souls worse.  And if there's anything that has a strong influence on the outcome of your existence, it's the nature of your own soul.  This is integral to the philosophy of psi in every paradigm of it that acknowledges our spiritual existence, and is the basis for the interaction between morality and psi.  The relationship between the soul and good choices can be thought of as like the relationship between the physical body and exercise with healthy eating.

Also, according to certain magical and mystical sects Psi is an action of spirits; is this a shared viewpoint with any Veritas Psions? For example knowing a few members who practice Psi and are also Christian/Catholic, is God helping you perform your manipulations, or is it that you are just a Child, or Emenation, of God, and it is a natural ability of the soul, no spirit helping the object move or helping move along future manifestations?

There is a diversity of views about defining the following, but I will share my view and experience.  The core of psi distills things to their essence, and in this, one is doing things with one's own soul.  However, to determine the relationship between the direct use of psi and these other things, one must first ascertain where the soul gets these capabilities.  What is clear is that the asymmetric nature of the relationship between the conceptual and physical domain (where the physical domain is entirely contained within the broader conceptual domain) indicates that the soul does not have a physical origin.  The natural implication is that the soul has some sort of intrinsically spiritual or divine origin, prior to its assignment to the physical body.  The way I think of this is that our souls are created in the image of God.  Thus when we do something with psi, it is using the part of us that is most like God, and thus it is similar in nature to God doing a thing, except that we are obviously young, weak, and ignorant in comparison.

On the question of "is God helping you perform your manipulations", the answer then has to be "sometimes".  While nearly every religion acknowledging a deity has some sort of notion of prayer, many of them do a poor job of describing how this should be done.  The psi technique of telepathy turns out to be the most ideal method of prayer.  Prayer is to be a communication with God, and God is a soul.  So naturally one should use a method which allows two souls to directly communicate with accuracy and reliability.

In most religions, people are at best taught to think things in their mind toward God and hope for the best.  Or say things out loud and hope for the best.  Or maybe perform some ritual to communicate an intent and hope for the best.  In psi, telepathy is practiced first with feedback using practice partners, allowing one to develop it as a skill with some known reliability and with rigorously practiced techniques for improving the accuracy of the communication.  So when you use a technique that has actually been tested, practiced, and refined with feedback to also communicate with God, there is a lot more room for getting things right.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

September 28, 2014, 06:13:29 PM
Reply #2

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Thank you so much, kobok. That clears a few things up. I have been practicing a few basic Psi meditations for the last three days or so and my life seems to have dramatically changed for the better, even if it is just my own mindset; which makes sense from your perspective of karma and dealings with the Divine.

I have been utilizing Kettle's 'Past, Present, Future Meditation' and from your view of telepathy and direct communication with the Divine would you say the deeper concept could be a way to be "One With God"? (Shinichi mentioned something along the lines that Psi is almost like disguised mysticism.)

As I venture deeper into Psi I am definetly finding a more spiritual and grounded achievement in my meditations and daily life, making it a more spiritual practice than anything else, where before it was more about learning new psychokinetic abilities. From Kettle's meditation I am starting to see endless possibilities and potentials. I guess I am asking these questions so I can avoid the pitfalls of egomania and hasty and dangerous practices like I did with magic.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

September 28, 2014, 06:28:18 PM
Reply #3

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
How do Franz Bardon's teachings, especially Initiation Into Hermetics, interact with psi? I'm currently practicing IIH and interested in psi when I get to the end.
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

September 29, 2014, 03:08:13 AM
Reply #4

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I wouldn't say it's so clear that one does kinesis with his own soul in psionics, there is always a possibility of the external spirits, not that we will ever know, but just some food for thought.

September 29, 2014, 11:24:15 AM
Reply #5

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Rayn: That's not really the same as a dragon doesn't give any output in that example. We have an output in the example of kinesis, we are just not sure what the source of this output is.

I think I have already spoken about my one experience when I got very annoyed with PSI wheel and thought to myself: "My HGA, if you are here could you please move th..."  and before finished this thought, the wheel moved.

I am not saying it's one way or the other, it's just something to consider.

September 29, 2014, 02:17:19 PM
Reply #6

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I have been utilizing Kettle's 'Past, Present, Future Meditation' and from your view of telepathy and direct communication with the Divine would you say the deeper concept could be a way to be "One With God"? (Shinichi mentioned something along the lines that Psi is almost like disguised mysticism.)

I would say there is definitely a connectedness to it, and sometimes an intimacy.  Although any good communication is like this at times.  I don't think the goal has to be oneness.  I think it's philosophically prudent to give God some credit for being purposeful.  And in taking the simple premise that God is purposeful, we can come up with a lot of decent ideas about the meaning of life and our existence.  For example, if God's ultimate goal were for us to be one with God, then why do we live such fragmented existences with so many distracting events?  That assumption would seem to imply God is some sort of incompetent buffoon, which I do not think is the case.  If instead we take that our fragmented and separate existence is purposeful, we can suppose that it is this itself which has some specific spiritual value in terms of its impact on our souls.  It seems to me that God purposefully wanted "others" with different experiences.  So rather than seek a oneness, I try to make the best use I can of these experiences.

As I venture deeper into Psi I am definetly finding a more spiritual and grounded achievement in my meditations and daily life, making it a more spiritual practice than anything else, where before it was more about learning new psychokinetic abilities. From Kettle's meditation I am starting to see endless possibilities and potentials. I guess I am asking these questions so I can avoid the pitfalls of egomania and hasty and dangerous practices like I did with magic.

It can be helpful to routinely meditate on your own goals and the underlying reasons for why you really have them.  If you are able to be genuinely honest with yourself during these meditations, then this can serve as a regular self-check to prevent those sorts of problems, and to keep you on a sensibly chosen path.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

September 29, 2014, 02:54:06 PM
Reply #7

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Thank you, kobok.  :)

October 03, 2014, 06:09:15 PM
Reply #8

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
How do Franz Bardon's teachings, especially Initiation Into Hermetics, interact with psi? I'm currently practicing IIH and interested in psi when I get to the end.

Since nobody answered you: The whole of Psionics can be learned through the training that the IIH offers. There's just a slightly different perspective to it, which you learn as you progress.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.