Author Topic: Writing down constructs  (Read 4146 times)

August 15, 2014, 05:50:37 AM
Read 4146 times

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Hello,

I've been thinking about something for a while now, but I haven't tried it. I'd like to hear some opinions to keep in mind for when I get more time on my hands, hopefully this weekend.

For a long-term construct, or one I want to recreate, it seems that a good way of helping myself out would be to write down the programming. It would probably be in the form of a list of affirmations, which I could use as a litany and charge with intent to create the construct in a more effective way than intent alone. Of course this would be accompanied by whatever other factors are necessary, like a vessel or an appropriate amount of energy. It seems like sigils could be created in the same way.

How viable is this? Does it seem like it would remove some deeper aspect involved? Am I totally messing up any concepts? Any input is welcome.
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

August 16, 2014, 03:50:08 PM
Reply #1

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
For a long-term construct, or one I want to recreate, it seems that a good way of helping myself out would be to write down the programming. It would probably be in the form of a list of affirmations, which I could use as a litany and charge with intent to create the construct in a more effective way than intent alone. Of course this would be accompanied by whatever other factors are necessary, like a vessel or an appropriate amount of energy. It seems like sigils could be created in the same way.

How psi is utilized is, essentially, phenomenal where phenomenal means relating to experiential states of consciousness. Within this context, you have something called intuition(psi is linked to intuition in terms of application, but a lot of people don't quite understand that intuition must first be trained in terms of feedback correlated with verdical experiences) where intuition is basically when apprehension of something is filled with experience. This means it is to be intuited. Basically, psi is linked to tacit knowledge, or knowledge of how, where how to do such things is rooted in the experience, itself. Now, returning to my first point, with language, you can have objects that are signified intentionally and referred to; however, it is in such a way that is it not intuited. To give you an example, take the word that. That is a participle; however, it does not directly refer to an object; therefore, there are no experiences associated with it. Writing it down in terms of concepts is useful, and something I do all the time; however, in the epistemic sense, I correlate it with experiential states that hold the tacit knowledge which means I don't really have to make it explicit(which is how sigils are utilized). Basically, what I am saying is that the end result of what you are proposing is a map with the ability to make use of the map in that the "how to do" part would be missing, so it really would not be practical. If you constructed an epistemic framework that took for granted experiential states associated with whatever you wanted to do, it does work(I do it all of the time). That is sort of the reason why a lot of metaphysical practices use archetypes, traditions, and initiations versus explicit forms of language in that archetypes typically are rooted in a shared, implicit, and experiential frameworks(implicit aspects of culture are great at transmitting tacit knowledge implicitly). See, the traditions create a framework for a person's experiences where experiences that break away from what a person is used to can help without transferring knowledge that is tacit(not saying that metaphysical practices need to be developed within the context of culture or tradition).  

In concept, it can, and does work, but the language, and structure, that you use everyday to communicate with others would be poorly equipped to do this(while conventional languages are really approximations of societal and cultural experiences, they not work well on the specifics of our experiences which is why it is sometimes hard to express the specifics of our experiences with one language where you will run into this problem pretty hard with psi). You would need a more ontological structure where the meaning of the structure would have to relate to experiential states since that is where what determines the nature of the intention comes from which is the informational component of the construct, so if that is not very great, then the construct won't be great in actual usage.

Via intentionsality, symbols and written language intentionally(intentional states are really just the informational component of something which constitutes the meaning or concept) represent whatever you want to write; therefore, saying one charges something with intention is redundant in that the symbol is associated with the intention via intensionality. To say it in a different way, concepts are linked to their symbols in such a way that the association is already there without you having to "charge" it to be there. The idea of charging and energizing is really just a way to model moving from considering to actually doing in which something is actualized. This happens, consequentially, as a result of actually doing where if one cannot move to the part of actually doing, then they cannot charge or energize anything, essentially, so the concept becomes hard to apply in that one cannot do anything enough to charge or energize anything, for it merely remains in the realm of consideration.  

Thanks! Just to clarify, the message I got was essentially, "The language is not equipped to bring about the experiential states which are necessary to creating a construct well." Is that right?

And then I don't totally understand what you're saying about charging and energizing. Would you be willing to rephrase it?
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

August 16, 2014, 07:43:47 PM
Reply #2

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
And then I don't totally understand what you're saying about charging and energizing. Would you be willing to rephrase it?

The paradigms that use that language basically presuppose that in order for things to actually happen, you need energy; therefore, in order to manipulate energy you need energy, though, the problem should obviously be clear in that it leads to a regression issue, essentially. Basically, the idea is that something needs energy to be done where you direct the energy to do this via energy. That is wrong. It works, but it tends to create a limited framework to work within. What causes things to happen, essentially, is a mental entity that decides to do something. You can group these in two stages. One where the entity considers doing something. It is conceived. The other is when it moves from considering to actually doing where, as a consequence, the energy required to the action is created or directed. It is poised. This means that you can replace the idea of needing energy to do something with the idea of following through with a decision, which is harder in practice but more effective. For example, I can turn on or turn on my enchantments via my choice to do so where what I want to do is implicit in its creation where my decision to employ it causes it to work into a state of being or disappear. What actualizes it is my decision to actualize it. Of course with years of training that is. It is not as easy as it sounds. This means I need not charge something with my intent; rather, my intentions were implicit in its design where I can cause it to spring into being via my decision to have it do so. And, concepts have links to what represents those concepts, in terms of intension, so the representation is always linked to the concept where I simply need to decide to turn it on.
Okay, thanks again! I understood it much better that time.

August 17, 2014, 10:13:18 AM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
An insightful description of the key aspects there Rayn.  (Even if you did use a lot of the big words.)  I just want to add that an important application of this understanding is that you can first GIVE yourself the experience of a particular construct, label that experience with a term, or phrase, or symbol, and then refer back to it in the future.  I call this concept a "mental psi trigger", but at its core, it's really just teaching yourself a new word for a new experience you've had.  This has a lot of utility because it's not just the brain which can remember the meaning of a particular experience, but the soul can remember it as well.  So by training yourself to remember labels for particular constructs you've created, you end up giving yourself a shorthand for recreating that state in your soul the next time you want to repeat this task.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

August 25, 2014, 07:16:19 PM
Reply #4

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
An insightful description of the key aspects there Rayn.  (Even if you did use a lot of the big words.)  I just want to add that an important application of this understanding is that you can first GIVE yourself the experience of a particular construct, label that experience with a term, or phrase, or symbol, and then refer back to it in the future.  I call this concept a "mental psi trigger", but at its core, it's really just teaching yourself a new word for a new experience you've had.  This has a lot of utility because it's not just the brain which can remember the meaning of a particular experience, but the soul can remember it as well.  So by training yourself to remember labels for particular constructs you've created, you end up giving yourself a shorthand for recreating that state in your soul the next time you want to repeat this task.

Thanks, Kobok! That's a useful concept, even aside from this topic.