Author Topic: Magician's name  (Read 9635 times)

August 11, 2014, 08:15:19 AM
Reply #30

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Knowing the name of your Higher Self refers to the ability to control the HS.

Can you substantiate that claim a bit?

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/ael/ael13.htm

There you will find a story of Ra and Isis. In summary Isis refused to heal poisoned Ra and forced him to tell her his real name.

Thank you Akenu. So I take it you are associating Ra with the HS and Isis with the ego? What makes you conclude that the latter can 'control' the former?

You could see that association based on the example I gave, true. But the point wasn't to show that the full control is possible, but the reference possible is, just like one Czech occultist uses a name as a reference to his kundalini which is then used in sex Magick rituals.

I guess I might have overdone it with the invocation explanation which in return caused a lot of argumentation, let's say the point of the incantation is to get to the right frame of the mind by assuming a mentality of what you think is a perfect mage.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:42:00 AM by Akenu »

August 11, 2014, 01:34:14 PM
Reply #31

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
You could see that association based on the example I gave, true. But the point wasn't to show that the full control is possible, but the reference possible is, just like one Czech occultist uses a name as a reference to his kundalini which is then used in sex Magick rituals.

I guess I might have overdone it with the invocation explanation which in return caused a lot of argumentation, let's say the point of the incantation is to get to the right frame of the mind by assuming a mentality of what you think is a perfect mage.

Thanks for clearing that up. Mind me asking which Czech occultist you are referring to?
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

August 11, 2014, 01:41:31 PM
Reply #32

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

Thanks for clearing that up. Mind me asking which Czech occultist you are referring to?

Don't know the name :D. Josef Veselý was speaking about him in his book, Magie pro pokročilé.

August 11, 2014, 11:11:21 PM
Reply #33

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
I could see using this as trigger for psi, much like takeV's psionic sigil. One could create a construct that is activated by the vocalisation of a word, and i imagine that it would carry more psygologocal "weight" if this name referred to yourself in a magical context as a sort of "alter ego".  Which i imagine would be better than any random mundane word used for such a construct due to that very "weight" it carries.
   In one of Rupert Sheldrake's lectures he talks about mantras of the eastern indian traditions, and how those who were taught these mantras were also instructed to not use them arbitrarily in mundane conversations for the mantras would lose their power. This intrinsically creates a psychological emphasis of importance, in which he believes is where the mantra's power is derrived.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

August 12, 2014, 02:24:39 AM
Reply #34

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile

Don't know the name :D. Josef Veselý was speaking about him in his book, Magie pro pokročilé.

Hah fair enough, thank anyway!
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate