Author Topic: Why Psi is a particularly hard area to progress in ( in my opinion)  (Read 3912 times)

July 28, 2014, 11:15:22 AM
Read 3912 times

ActionOfAll

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
All practices have encompassing frameworks in which one progresses and measures progress. The thing with psi is that there is no universal framework due to the very nature of psi - it is not really an objective process one can study, rather, only the outcome can be objectively identified. This brings about many potential questions, primarily being: Is there a universal system of mechanics? If so, how can one identify it?

These questions can pose as training obstacles for some, such as myself, because it becomes a question of how to train. The way I personally train in any field is to first understand an overview of the process and why the process works. Psi is still such a mystery and for that reason it is difficult to establish a completely valid system of progress.

In other words, if the system and explanation is not sound and seemingly valid, then I feel that I cannot progress because I have no paradigm under which I may practice, leading to the question: How shall I practice? What is the most effective and efficient way? And possibly most importantly: If there is no valid paradigm that sheds light on the mechanics of psi, then how shall I motivate myself to train, for it all may be in vain, in the end.

I suppose my fear is wasting my time on an ineffective system as well as not understanding the nature of that which we are using, which seems equally, if not more important, than the usage itself, because without an understanding of the mechanics of psi it will be much more difficult to use it effectively since we do not clearly understand the principles that it follows.

July 28, 2014, 03:56:03 PM
Reply #1

ActionOfAll

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
From my understanding of psi, I don't quite understand why psi is hard for you. For example, you mention that you first start off with an overview of the process and why it works. Well, we can observe two things with psi; it is intentional which implies phenomenal(something that deals with an experiential framework) processes and it is, essentially, non-physical where psi points to a phenomenal realm of being which is a superset of the physical world and thus has causal powers. This also further implies that we do not stop at our physical boundaries; therefore, we can sense and interact with things beyond them. I have more than enough literature on my site that goes into this(which you have visited) where there is more than enough information here, as well, so taking what you said into consideration, I am not quite sure where you issue is.

Though, the blunt truth is that the phenomenal aspects that underpin psi underlie all other metaphysical practices; therefore, if you have an issue learning psi due to these reasons, you will more than likely find all other metaphysical practices as equally difficult.

I do indeed find all other metaphysical practices equally as difficult. This is not to say I have not performed psionic feats ( specifically remote viewing, precognition, and minor PK) but it is to say that such feats were done while in an altered state where the ultimate goal was NOT to achieve what was achieved. Basically, I can replicate the conditions and indeed replicate the results ( except for PK, which is particularly difficult for me) however beyond this point I find it hard to progress because I don't understand the workings of it. Yes there are those two fundamental principles that you mentioned, but that does not bring one far in understanding anything further than what is said in the principles themselves. Psi is naturally defined by those two principles, and the problem is they are so fundamental that they only explain a general outline of the process, leaving the mechanics behind such a process unclear.

The question remains: What is actually going on when one performs a psionic action? The answers are all speculation, and if we don't understand it, how can we utilize it to its fullest potential? However with a field so hard to understand since the mechanics are inherently non-physical, I suppose the only way to understand it is self-experimentation, which also means the experimenter must take into account the subjective nature of such tests, and understand that any system is indeed just a representation of what is actually going on (though this is the case with all systems, with psi it becomes even more relevant, which is clear especially in the matter of telepathy, where subjective seems to be communicated, not symbols themselves. In other words, a chicken may symbolize food and poultry and farming to one, but annoyance to another who happened to grow up with roaming chickens waking them up early in the morning. So if one thinks of annoyance, and then another performs telepathy and receives the image chicken, it is important to take into account the different subjective connotations. I believe this is a problem I read on your site, though you used a better example; I don't remember, though) Because subjectivity can play such a role, it seems near impossible to discover anything other than fundamental rules, and the rest is up to the specific person.

I suppose my issue is with the lack of universality, because I DO understand that following steps will do nothing for you if the certain states are not reached, and internal states work differently and arise differently according to the individual. I guess I just wanted a foolproof way of learning, but that's an illogical way to think since learning implies doing things incorrectly and looking at what is successful and what is not, and then indirectly beginning to understand the behavior of psi.

July 28, 2014, 04:52:21 PM
Reply #2

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
Psionics is, to date, the simplest system of metaphysics and the easiest method of psychic development I have ever worked with. People simply have the ridiculous habit of thoroughly over complicating it.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

July 28, 2014, 05:30:14 PM
Reply #3

ActionOfAll

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
It's simple if the goal is to achieve practical skills alone, and if one doesn't mind dealing with only very fundamental principles without understanding the mechanics involved. For those who wish to understand, it can become an altogether different endeavor.

July 28, 2014, 05:55:56 PM
Reply #4

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
I spent a great deal of time contemplating the mechanics, to the point where I developed my own system entirely and a philosophy to go with it.

Psionics is inherently simple. You have Consciousness or what Koboks system calls The Soul, you have a medium for psychic faculties called Psi that is being studied but is known to have a strong relation to Mind (in turn, being related to Consciousness), and you have activities where this medium is expressed Actively (Kinesis, etc) or Passively (Scanning, etc).

The detailed science can get complicated because detailed science is detailed. In practice, Psionics is inherently simple. All you have to do is develop a few things like thought control, self-awareness, and so on.

But as I said, people have the ridiculous habit of thoroughly over complicating it. Leave the science to scientists. A martial artist doesn't need to understand the physics of a punch, he just needs to know how to punch.

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

August 02, 2014, 04:05:27 PM
Reply #5

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
 That's the best one could possibly put it shinchi. I myself have spent a lot of time wondering about "the spirit molecule" and if it exists in any possible way that could be measured, and if such information and understanding would propel my practices to a new degree. But, as shinchi said you would need to be an intellectual alpha such as on the order of stephen hawking or kobok in order for it to make any sense to you , and if all the sudden we did find out what particle or what molecule or sub-atomic structure was responsible for psi, how could we possibly hope to mechanically harness a particle usising physical means when the particle in question is non local not constrained by the thickness nor vastness of time and space or matter. 
    The "higgs boson"could maybe one day fit this bill as it is a theoretical particle that gives matter its mass.  Another inference of the mechanism of psi has been quantem tunnelling where particles "slip" out of reality as we know it through a sort of wormhole to then reappear in a different area. But quantem tunnelng has only been observed to occur over unfathomably small distances the it doesn't fit the bill for non local. The point being, such knowledge will probably not help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

August 02, 2014, 05:12:44 PM
Reply #6

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
you would need to be an intellectual alpha such as on the order of stephen hawking or kobok

Kobok is on the same order of Stephen Hawking. Woah.  :cow:

Besides that, I don't think psi is a matter of particles and physical physics. It is, by definition, non-physical. Science will do better understanding the nature of psi when it does better understanding the nature of consciousness.

August 03, 2014, 01:59:20 AM
Reply #7

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

August 04, 2014, 10:24:10 PM
Reply #8

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
Psionics being difficult is necessary to maintain the model of the world we live in. Imagine what the world would be like if psionics were easy.
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?