Author Topic: Optimizing productivity  (Read 6924 times)

July 16, 2014, 02:33:07 AM
Read 6924 times

Storywolf

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hello forums,

I heard somewhere fluorine is counterconducive to the metaphysical arts. True? Is so, can someone explain why?
Also, I live in a noisy environment, so its hard to concentrate. However, Iike to wear headphones to block out the distractions. That said, I enjoy my music too much to ignore it for practice. Therefore, does anybody have any gentle background music good for meditation and what not?
“We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged”

― Heinrich Heine

July 16, 2014, 09:25:58 AM
Reply #1

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
Storywolf, do you mean fluoride, like what is put into toothpaste and tap water to prevent tooth decay?

As for meditation music, personally I love tibetan bowls, and like Hellblazer I highly recommend ear plugs if you simply want to drown out sound. Either way, eventually you will want to wean yourself off of these aids, and develop the ability to draw your senses inwards naturally, to the point of being 'cut off' from the outside world, regardless of how noisy where you are is. Good luck!
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

July 24, 2014, 05:42:09 AM
Reply #2

Storywolf

• Settling In

• View Profile
Storywolf, do you mean fluoride, like what is put into toothpaste and tap water to prevent tooth decay?

Dude, I hate to get all technical, but fluoride is fluorine, just with an added electron to signify it's bonded to another atom, because the atom fluorine has only 7 out of 8 electrons in its outer shell and it's wildly unstable alone. That's why you get fluorine gas as F2, i.e., there are 2 atoms bonded together. The "-ine" changes to "-ide" to differentiate between the molecule/atom and the ion (an ion is a charged particle, the fluoride we've been saying has an extra electron).  :)

And yeah, the stuff in toothpaste and water. Is it bad for telekinesis? Saw it in a video.

― Heinrich Heine

July 24, 2014, 05:44:33 AM
Reply #3

Storywolf

• Settling In

• View Profile
As for meditation music, personally I love tibetan bowls,

Thanks, btw, the music is calming!   :)

― Heinrich Heine

July 24, 2014, 02:03:53 PM
Reply #4

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Also, I live in a noisy environment, so its hard to concentrate. However, Iike to wear headphones to block out the distractions. That said, I enjoy my music too much to ignore it for practice. Therefore, does anybody have any gentle background music good for meditation and what not?

You can also try the Ganzfeld Meditation Applet.  It generates binaural beats and white noise which can be suitable for solving this problem.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

July 28, 2014, 10:41:48 AM
Reply #5

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile

Dude, I hate to get all technical, but fluoride is fluorine, just with an added electron to signify it's bonded to another atom, because the atom fluorine has only 7 out of 8 electrons in its outer shell and it's wildly unstable alone. That's why you get fluorine gas as F2, i.e., there are 2 atoms bonded together. The "-ine" changes to "-ide" to differentiate between the molecule/atom and the ion (an ion is a charged particle, the fluoride we've been saying has an extra electron).  :)

And yeah, the stuff in toothpaste and water. Is it bad for telekinesis? Saw it in a video.

Yes, so the stuff in toothpaste and water, I was just checking. I can't imagine why it would be bad for telekinesis.

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

August 02, 2014, 08:22:58 PM
Reply #6

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Fluorine contributes to the calcification of the pineal gland, supposedly hindering psionic progress. I'm not so sure about what link actually exists between the pineal gland and psychic performance; all I know is that it regulates sleep according to your circadian rhythm and light levels.
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

August 04, 2014, 10:30:01 PM
Reply #7

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
Flouride is a toxin that causes calcification in the Pineal gland and inhibits DMT production. Both of these have a direct relationship with human consciousness and our visionary capabilities.

Some of the best advices for productivity involve controlling your diet.
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

August 07, 2014, 01:06:29 PM
Reply #8

Enneack

• Settling In

• View Profile
OK, but if you live in the US where flourine is in most of the tap water, how do you avoid it?

August 07, 2014, 04:34:51 PM
Reply #9

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
You can drink bottled or filtered water.
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

August 07, 2014, 06:19:46 PM
Reply #10

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
It should be noted that Fluoride and Fluorine are in the body anyway, and thinking that it's dangerous to drink water with very small amounts of it is rather ridiculous. Do you have any idea what else is in most water? :P

In a large amount, Fluoride can cause certain damage. But in a very large amount, so can water. It's technically possible to die from hydration. Not drowning, hydration. But getting these very large amounts is rare in human adults, and there is a very small amount of it in water sources. Fluoride is also not the only suspected cause of the Pineal gland being calcified, and the other things mentioned.

Instead of reading the conspiracy theorist articles on Fluoride, read up on some medical and chemistry information about it.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002420.htm
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/154164.php
http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927595
http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927120

So.

1) Fluoride is already in your body whether you drink tap water or not.
(actually, most people really have no idea what sort of strange things are already in the human body)
2) It's pretty hard to get a Fluoride overdose, especially if you only get it from water. Possible, but unlikely. Unless you have a strange sensitivity to it.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

August 07, 2014, 11:49:17 PM
Reply #11

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It should be noted that Fluoride and Fluorine are in the body anyway, and thinking that it's dangerous to drink water with very small amounts of it is rather ridiculous. Do you have any idea what else is in most water? :P

In a large amount, Fluoride can cause certain damage. But in a very large amount, so can water. It's technically possible to die from hydration. Not drowning, hydration. But getting these very large amounts is rare in human adults, and there is a very small amount of it in water sources. Fluoride is also not the only suspected cause of the Pineal gland being calcified, and the other things mentioned.

Instead of reading the conspiracy theorist articles on Fluoride, read up on some medical and chemistry information about it.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002420.htm
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/154164.php
http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927595
http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927120

So.

1) Fluoride is already in your body whether you drink tap water or not.
(actually, most people really have no idea what sort of strange things are already in the human body)
2) It's pretty hard to get a Fluoride overdose, especially if you only get it from water. Possible, but unlikely. Unless you have a strange sensitivity to it.

Thank you. The conspiracy theories about this particular thing have always bothered me. To me it is almost similar to the damnable mindset that is bringing back easily immunizable diseases. To each his own though, like Merlin said, if it really bothers you that much, drink bottled water. Just don't forget to brush your teeth  :wink:

August 09, 2014, 05:44:36 PM
Reply #12

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
But in a very large amount, so can water. It's technically possible to die from hydration. Not drowning, hydration.

BAN DI-HYDROGEN MONOXIDE! http://www.dhmo.org/ It's waaaay worse than fluoride is.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

August 09, 2014, 09:05:16 PM
Reply #13

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
But in a very large amount, so can water. It's technically possible to die from hydration. Not drowning, hydration.

BAN DI-HYDROGEN MONOXIDE! http://www.dhmo.org/ It's waaaay worse than fluoride is.

~Steve
O: oms it's even in natural water sources!

August 10, 2014, 04:43:28 AM
Reply #14

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook

~Steve

You win, good sir. You win indeed.

~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.