Author Topic: Lucid Dream Experience - Adventure turned spiritual revelations  (Read 3029 times)

July 15, 2014, 08:24:42 PM
Read 3029 times

ActionOfAll

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile

So this is an anecdote on one of my favorite dreaming experiences, during which fun activities in the lucid world turned into a spiritual experience full of symbolism.

I’ve had plenty of lucid dreams; ask any of my friends and they’ll say I’ve ranted to them about it plenty. However, just last night, it had been taken to the very next level.

A series of lucids. Beginning in a school setting with me simply manipulating the environment, exploring the weird properties that allow rooms to hold entire cities and empty midnight streets to morph into classrooms. I messed around, controlled dream characters ( this is actually the first time I’ve had such a degree of control that I’ve been able to manipulate DC’s so powerfully) and enjoy the gift of telekinetic powers. I let the dream proceed naturally besides the occasional manipulation. It brought me to a party where I entered a break dancing competition around a fire at night. My newfound acrobatic skills were quite enjoyable… The next part of the dream brought me to a car ride with a few secret agents. I was in the passenger seat. I was ordered to execute one of the agents in the back seat, and so I telekinetically pointed a gun at his head. I then refused, at which point the other agent in the back seat shot him. I had more memory of this moment this morning, but it wasn’t an important part of the dream, comparatively, so I forget what happened next…

This is where the good stuff starts to happen. I am floating up into the night sky. Brilliant, beautiful lights of all colors flash and dance, disappear and reappear, all across the sky. In the dream I thought to myself ” This is incredibly beautiful. It reminds me of some of the DMT trip reports I have read about.” Then I begin to descend into some sort of greek style parthenon, but without any walls or ceiling. It is absolutely huge, buzzing with activity of different people doing different things. I descend right into the middle, where the Goddess of Dreams awaits me. She talks to me for a while, though I forget what she says. Then she brings me over to a door and reaches inside. She brings out an insignia that belonged to a pair of ancient greek heroes. My personal design, she said, was similar, however my design consisted of only the flower-part of this pair’s insignia. At this point I was thinking “well how cool. I will remember to research this in the morning. What I must do now, though, is do some field work. I need to ask her some questions.” So I asked her if the mind survived when the physical body died. She said ” You already know the answer to that.” At which point I began to give her some half-assed answer, but as I spoke information flooded my mind. It told me that the mind as we experience it is unique to physical perception, but that the mind, as a broad term meaning thoughts and awareness, does indeed exist even after the physical body dies. The only thing that changes is the way in which it organizes perception.

So then I let the dream carry on, checking out the awe-some world that I am exploring. Paying close attention to the facial features of the goddess so that I could remember what she looked like ( which is ironic because no matter HOW hard I tried, I could not keep the image of her face in my mind, only an impression. Which is doubly weird because later that night in another lucid dream I visited her again.)

I ended up in a room that propelled me into a weird state of being where I no longer felt I had a body. Instead I felt every cell buzzing as an individual unit. It felt very very very cold, like the cold was a fluid making its way around each and every cell, encasing it. I also somehow understood I was in an in-between state between this dream reality and the physical reality. Not in the way that I was partially awake, but I felt I was witnessing a cooperative process, as in I was resting in the connection between the two states. What I saw was the process of creation of physical reality. How it is constantly upheld by a propulsion of thoughts into a more intense state until finally it manifests as a part of physical reality. It looked something like this: I was my vision was completely filled with blue. I had 360 degree vision. All the sudden I saw concepts come from me and propel outward. As they got further away they became physical reality. This was coupled with an understanding of what was going on. I woke up after that, very excited. It most definitely motivated me to further explore the realm our awareness visits when our body is asleep.

July 16, 2014, 11:02:38 AM
Reply #1

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
First, that is an absolutely epic dream! Second, I wonder if these guys are the pair of Greek heroes the dream Goddess was referring to? Thirdly, the cold and buzzing are very interesting to me, since in my tradition those physical symptoms are associated with certain spiritual processes in the body.

Thanks for sharing!
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

July 16, 2014, 04:04:36 PM
Reply #2

ActionOfAll

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
No problem! Im glad it peaked your interest! The cold was VERY weird, it wasn't even a normal cold. What kind of spiritual processes is cold associated with? And I don't believe it is that pair of heroes for two reasons: The insignia was different, more linear, with a rose in the middle, but I think there was a weapon overlapping the rose. Also, the heroes names had a K and I in their names. I wish I had noted that detail in the dream so I could have remembered it.

July 17, 2014, 02:18:59 AM
Reply #3

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It's associated with progress  :wink: Maybe check this out, and the twins. Remember that often when something is a K in Greek it gets latinized into a C, like Hercules actually being Herakles.

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

July 17, 2014, 04:06:24 AM
Reply #4

ActionOfAll

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I saw a few that MIGHT be it. I'm going to have to dive in a bit and try to figure it out. Interestingly though, it doesnt seem like there is a Goddess of Dreams, only a God of Dreams. Though there is a Goddess of Rest, however I swear she was that of dreams not rest.

July 17, 2014, 04:51:32 AM
Reply #5

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I can only think of Iris as being a Greek goddess that is loosely associated with dreams in mythology (or at least messages in dreams). She is a messenger goddess, and in Greek mythology the majority of messages between gods and mortals are transmitted via dreams, so maybe there's a link there.

July 17, 2014, 05:26:08 AM
Reply #6

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
It might be of point to note that just because a goddess mentions something Greek in a dream, that doesn't necessarily mean the goddess herself is Greek. The guidance I've received through dreams has come from all sorts of places and has led me all over the place.

Different traditions associate deities slightly differently. Like in Norse Mythology, Sol and Mani, the sun and moon deities, are a Goddess and God respectfully; an apparent reversal of those roles of masculine and feminine played in most other traditions. In Japan, the sun is also represented by a Shinto Goddess, that being Amaterasu.

So, Greek stuff may be a good place to start given the circumstances, but expanding your search a little may lead you to some interesting places. The Greeks themselves were influenced by other cultures, and in turn have influenced many cultures since.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.