Author Topic: I am new here and I have questions  (Read 36833 times)

July 15, 2014, 03:22:09 PM
Read 36833 times

ImmortalTimothy

• Settling In

• View Profile
Okay, so I am new here so I do not know much about how this forum works yet. I have a few of questions.

1. Is there a way to see all articles (and only articles, I do not want their comments to also be search results) posted by a particular user.

2. Where would I post an alchemy related question (technically it is a alchemy book related question)? Would it go under the Magick category?

3. How can I edit my profile? I can not add pictures or an signature like the other users can. Do I have to wait a certain period of time or something of the sort.

4. I am trying to figure out the format of this forum; it looks like it is HTML. Am I able to use HTML to code my posts?

5. Is there a way to receive emails when a post I made has a reply/message?

I would appreciate any and all answers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:54:56 PM by ImmortalTimothy »
I am my own God

July 15, 2014, 05:20:03 PM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Okay, so I am new here so I do not know much about how this forum works yet. I have a few of questions.

1. Is there a way to see all articles (and only articles, I do not want their comments to also be search results) posted by a particular user.
I don't know of any such way.

2. Where would I post an alchemy related question (technically it is a alchemy book related question)? Would it go under the Magick category?

I would go for the Magick forum.

3. How can I edit my profile? I can not add pictures or an signature like the other users can. Do I have to wait a certain period of time or something of the sort.

You are suppossed to have about 10 posts before you will be able to change your profile.

4. I am trying to figure out the format of this forum; it looks like it is HTML. Am I able to use HTML to code my posts?
It is joomla, so html+php+css+mysql. And no, you cannot use html in your posts because of cross site scripting, but you can use bb codes.

5. Is there a way to receive emails when a post I made has a reply/message?

I think it's a default for threads you have created or replied to. If you want to receive replies or new posts from some thread (or a board), then use a suited NOTIFY button.

Anyway, welcome here and have your welcome cow :cow:

July 15, 2014, 05:31:21 PM
Reply #2

ImmortalTimothy

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thank you Akenu.

Ah, okay; It was not a default setting for me to get emails from replies, but I have figured it out thanks to you. :D

I shall cherish that cow.
I am my own God

July 15, 2014, 10:40:06 PM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile

You can also go into each article section (there are only a few), and click the "Started By" at the top of that column.  This will sort the articles by who posted the thread.  A few articles have been posted by others and are marked in the article with different authorship (usually in the title with parentheses stating "by Person").  But for most of the articles the author corresponds to the Started By account.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

July 17, 2014, 01:28:55 AM
Reply #4

ImmortalTimothy

• Settling In

• View Profile
You can also go into each article section (there are only a few), and click the "Started By" at the top of that column.  This will sort the articles by who posted the thread.  A few articles have been posted by others and are marked in the article with different authorship (usually in the title with parentheses stating "by Person").  But for most of the articles the author corresponds to the Started By account.

Thank you, that will be extremely useful to me in the not-so-distant future.
I am my own God