Author Topic: Psi and The Secret  (Read 6067 times)

July 08, 2014, 09:15:45 AM
Read 6067 times

schaezar

• View Profile
 I do not mean to sound ridiculous but I can't help it but see a very impressive similarity between the Psi techniques, like the Future Selection, and The Secret (The Law of Attraction).

Of course, they are similar, but not the same.

By the way, I wonder why it was so easy for me to park the car the place I wanted, but so hard to achieve other results.

Does anybody agree with me that there might be some connection between the Secret and the Future Selection?

July 08, 2014, 12:39:08 PM
Reply #1

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

July 08, 2014, 03:19:47 PM
Reply #2

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Does anybody agree with me that there might be some connection between the Secret and the Future Selection?

Yes.  There is a bit of legitimacy to the concepts behind The Secret, and they relate to precisely this sort of overlap.  "The Secret" has been popular partly just because it is widely advertised by the publisher(s), and partly because it offers a compellingly simple approach to things.  Where it goes wrong is that in pursuit of simplicity they have lost rigor.  The methods described as "The law of attraction" will create a correlation with successful results because they will manipulate the subtle influence that unconscious performance of psi regularly has on the world around us.

There have been parapsychology studies documenting this sort of unconscious performance of psi, and it turns out to be extremely pervasive but typically very small in effect-size.  And that's the problem.  As the most common result, the methods of "The Secret" could only be counted on for a very weak or small scale effect.  To scale larger or toward more reliability, one has to put some attention into developing skills to intentionally and actively make things happen.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

July 08, 2014, 06:15:07 PM
Reply #3

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
I still say no because they charge out the butt for a sub standard system whereas Public Dynamic Psi is open to the public.  :)
My youtube channel

July 08, 2014, 08:28:34 PM
Reply #4

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
'The Secret' and all that fun stuff lacks a certain dynamic that psi and magic have - a good grounding in magical technique and realistic observation of said phenomena. 'The Secret' is based in 'think and feel positive and good things will follow.' While I believe that to be true for cultivated humans and charismatic individuals, most of us need a solid root in meditation or ritual for any measurable and worthwhile effect to happen.

The law of attraction, aside from its registered trademark, is just 'occult' magnetism without all the ritual trappings and useful techniques to help 'initiate' you into the torrent of manifestation. It also stems from the Master Key System as scribed by Charles Hanel which is (possibly) influenced by the Kyballion which stems from the Emerald Tablets, which if course is where we get Hermetic Magic.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

July 11, 2014, 08:03:43 AM
Reply #5

Storywolf

• Settling In

• View Profile
I was thinking along the same lines as you, schaezar.

I get that I don't have much experience in the metaphysical arts, but it was a long time ago I read the book The Secret, and only recently that I started reading up on the arts, and I have been relating them.

The phrasing of to go about it is what made the link for me. With The Secret, it's "visualize, be confident and grateful".
With psi, its "focus on your task, be confident of your purpose, and be assured it will succeed."
They're the same sentence, with different words.

I get that the above is a heinous oversimplification of both, but my point stands nonetheless.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I have just began.
“We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged”

― Heinrich Heine

July 11, 2014, 05:09:57 PM
Reply #6

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
Those are just affirmations of psi and the secret. The secret does not cover the soul and gaining awareness of it. Which is is the foundation of psionics.
My youtube channel

September 04, 2014, 12:58:13 PM
Reply #7

lyran

• View Profile
May I ask, what is the future selection?

I've never heard of it.

September 04, 2014, 03:14:04 PM
Reply #8

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
May I ask, what is the future selection?

I've never heard of it.

It's the application of Psychokinesis to Future Probability, where you select a future event that you want to happen, and then make it happen via psychokinetic influence. I prefer to apply Scanning before hand, too, in order to read different potential events as well as read the consequences of doing one thing over another before actually applying Selection. This is a bit more wise, in my opinion, since you can get where you want to go in the most beneficial way instead of simply trying to "manifest" a particular event on the sole basis that you want it to happen.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.