Author Topic: Question about topics & copyrights  (Read 6601 times)

June 18, 2014, 05:59:59 AM
Read 6601 times

Ph03niX_SvK

• View Profile
Hi guys.
I know a lot of people, who are really interested in PSI and Psionics, magic, chi and similar things. But mainly the PSI.
Problem is, many of them don't know english and there aren't any books about PSI, about techniques and how to learn PSI.
I was thinking about making some small forum for them, and translate the tips, tricks, hints, techniques and steps to our mother language.
So my question is: can I use things I find here, translate them and use them, or do I need some special permission?
Because, I don't want to steal stuff that isn't mine. I'm not as good as I would like, so I don't want to write steps how to learn by myself, when I don't know it yet.
Thx for soon answer.

June 18, 2014, 07:18:58 AM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Hi guys.
I know a lot of people, who are really interested in PSI and Psionics, magic, chi and similar things. But mainly the PSI.
Problem is, many of them don't know english and there aren't any books about PSI, about techniques and how to learn PSI.
I was thinking about making some small forum for them, and translate the tips, tricks, hints, techniques and steps to our mother language.
So my question is: can I use things I find here, translate them and use them, or do I need some special permission?
Because, I don't want to steal stuff that isn't mine. I'm not as good as I would like, so I don't want to write steps how to learn by myself, when I don't know it yet.
Thx for soon answer.

Hi,

Generally under international copyright laws you need authorization from the copyright holder to post a translation, as it counts as a derivative work.  And here, each article posted remains under the copyright of the author who wrote the article, so you would need permission from each author.

For psi articles, I can give you permission to make and post a translation into another language of any of the psi articles written by me and posted here, under the following conditions:

1)  You don't charge people for access to them.
2)  You note that the translation has not been reviewed by the original author.
3)  You include a link to the original article here along with each posted translation.

If you can follow those three conditions (which should be pretty easy), then by all means, go right ahead for mine.  For anyone else's, you'll have to ask them specifically.  (Most people would probably be willing to grant permission under the above three conditions.)
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

June 18, 2014, 08:09:10 AM
Reply #2

Ph03niX_SvK

• View Profile
Thanks for answer.
And the conditions are all right. Not hard to follow.
Probably I start with translating with the PSI articles and if I something other, I'll ask the specific person.

Very much thanks for reply.