Author Topic: Energy Problems  (Read 21087 times)

June 19, 2014, 07:36:31 AM
Reply #45

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
On topic and off topic comments concerning the thread and the questions related to delusions.

Both Joe (Kouji) and Rayn are correct and both definitions are used depending on context. From a conventional (clinical) context, Rayn is correct in that the definitions ascribe to what the clinical industry would refer to delusions in psychopathology and diagnosis of psychosis related disorders.

The problem is Kouji is not relating to the delusions from a conventional standpoint, but from an absolute standpoint. This is pretty evident in the following:

That is where we differ, Rayn. I see no difference between a "magical obsession" or a delusion, that's just semantics. I understand that an obsession can be used to give you power, but that's not what I care about. What use do I have of power? Why would I find joy in manipulating my fellow man? I am not deluded, and I know my own personal truth. This is all just a big stage, and we are all actors. However, it is what it is, and so I decided I will live my life and try and do good and be the best person I can be, and help others. This is obviously in direct contention with your personal philosophy and practices. But that's okay, different strokes for different folks. Honestly, I just feel bad for you, something very bad must have happened to you to make you this way. I know you don't want or need my pity, ultimately what matters is if you're happy with yourself. But I don't understand why you would purposely want to manipulate others, be in league with demons, or whatever else you do.

It doesn't seem that he is deriding you at all Rayn but it is a difference of opinion and that tends to happen in discussions like this when someone needs help. And all values and beliefs should be welcome.

When viewed from Kouji's context, a lot of the emphasis of symbology and things don't make a lot of sense to someone on the path. You immediately see the only reason why there's value and insight to anything in this world is because the mind is defining it.

For instance:

To say it short and sweet, there is a correlation between symbols and energy. To give you an example, you tell energy to move from here to there with your intention. Well, your intention represents where you want the energy to move; however, it is not that place in itself; therefore, your intention is a symbol, in itself, for where you want the energy to go; therefore, symbols and energy are intertwined.

Who says you're moving energy? What is actually categorizing this is how energy feels and so on? Memory and mental conceptualization.

If we are to get truly Daoist, what is to say what you're moving is yang qi for instance? How do you know if you're not moving ghostly (wei) qi especially when someone hasn't even begun to develop the nei dan? What is the heat that you identify as dan tian? Is it really there absolutely? Absolutely not! It doesn't exist. However, because the mind is fixed there, the mind therefore argues there is an existence.

The above is far beyond the convention and it does lead into the absolute. It would probably be a good idea to give it some thought. It could either help your practice or destroy what you hold so dear. Either or, at the end of the day, it's your choice.

To segue back to the topic, one of the dangers of any cultivation is making definitions which are not there. The mind in and of itself does this all of the time and in a myriad of ways.

ShadowFinch, overthinking is a difficult thing to overcome. I used to do it. And in fact, I spent most of my first bachelor's in college over thinking; rather fretting the tiniest of things.

Does she like me, am I worthy, am I ugly? And anything under the sun.

Fretting doesn't help the path and in some respects it does make a lot of things worse. I'm not sure when my fretting stopped (maybe I just thought this is some ol' bull****). I can't speak for a direct way to stop it especially because people have different modalities. What works for one will not work for another.

I think coming to ask for help is a good first step in trying to determine the ways to resolve the questions you have in your mind.

Out of curiosity, have you let the thoughts pass during meditation and not attach to the thoughts? I'm really getting deeper into it because it requires actively being (of vipassana and anapana or if you're daoist inclined yin / yang thoughts).

Let me know

June 19, 2014, 08:01:21 AM
Reply #46

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
If the only thing you can say is

I'm not Daoist therefore it doesn't apply to me

You totally missed the complete point.

I'll just leave you with this:

When viewed from Kouji's context, a lot of the emphasis of symbology and things don't make a lot of sense to someone on the path. You immediately see the only reason why there's value and insight to anything in this world is because the mind is defining it.

Let the mind go and therefore you will not be deluded :)

June 19, 2014, 08:13:59 AM
Reply #47

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
If the only thing you can say is

I'm not Daoist therefore it doesn't apply to me

You totally missed the complete point.

No, I objectively answered your question. In order for things to be actualized, something has to be working towards making it real. That is, objectively, called energy, so if someone does an action and realizes a change in objective reality, we can deduce the answer to the question you asked me.

Objectively? Oh you mean conventionally...

I believe I said something about that...

Both Joe (Kouji) and Rayn are correct and both definitions are used depending on context. From a conventional (clinical) context, Rayn is correct in that the definitions ascribe to what the clinical industry would refer to delusions in psychopathology and diagnosis of psychosis related disorders.

The problem is Kouji is not relating to the delusions from a conventional standpoint, but from an absolute standpoint.

Substitute deluded and clinical for objective and who is...same result. But again, a cup that's already full can't get any more full than it already has...

Good luck Rayn. Maybe one day you'll see it. I hope.

June 19, 2014, 08:25:05 AM
Reply #48

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
A bit off topic: treating a chair like a rat (or rat like a chair) can lead to some hilarious situations :D.

June 19, 2014, 11:45:07 AM
Reply #49

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Maybe do a hobby that involves concentration and physical movement that is purely mundane and materialistic like carving, stone balancing, exercise, or something similar and meditate afterwards with deep breathing and focusing on cooling down/relaxing the body, slowing the heart rate gently down and residing in silence for a few comfortable moments in peace. The more relaxed and at peace you are the longer you can meditate.

Speaking of entities, if you sketch or paint you can also express your entities through subconscious drawing (check out Austin Ausman Spare's 'Automatic Drawing'). As long as you don't bind the name or ritualize the art you are merely expressing yourself on primal and abstract levels, so no 'gates' or 'portals' are being opened except your subconscious awareness and personal creativity.

Magic is, essentially, a creative act, so when one crafts something, which is a creative act, where they think about something(the intentional aspect), that which they are crafting(the creative act) can thus be imbued by that. The magical act is the art and craft, itself. If what the person is thinking about is connected to something, and they focus and craft something, they can attach what they are thinking about which is linked to something else to that object. To give you an example, say she takes up a hobby of sculpting. Say she sculpts the symbols she is seeing. Well, now, technically, she has just made a talisman, and let us take for granted that it came from somewhere else. Well, in her crafting it, it is possible to transfer that connection between that and her to that and the talisman. I will give you a human example. Say a person picked up one of my sigils psychically, right? Well, the metaphysical aspect of the sigil would be an extension of me, so they have picked up a piece of me(even if not connected to me, it holistically has a relationship to the experience, my will, and my intention used to create it as its base so fundamentally it would be me though it may not be linked to me at the time) which can contain bits of me(along with tacit knowledge of how to do things) that influence them on subconscious levels. So say they decide to do an art project. Say that use this connection to something I made for their art without realizing it. Well, this would create a channel for me, and if I realize all of this is going on, I can take control of their art project and use the enchantment how I want. Personally, my magic has teeth, so if a person accidentally connects to anything dealing with it, it seeks to exerts its influence, which is my will, and will come through with their art. If the knowledge is from an outside source, there is a connection between you and wherever it came from. So, in this, it is not so much that you bind the entity so much that you, yourself, are bound in that through your expression of the art that is really them, they can use it as a channel of sorts to influence you or as an enchantment of sorts that they control. I am not saying that is what is going on this case; rather, I am explaining why that advice might not be the best advice to give. Not saying that this is what you have implied, but a lot of New Age stuff seem to ignore that dark things and people exists when that is not the case.

Or, it is a form of self-analysis in a fun and creative way. Without ritual trappings and magical intent it is simply art. There doesn't have to be a magical link if you don't want it. Magic may be creative but that doesn't make everything creative magic.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

June 19, 2014, 09:24:13 PM
Reply #50

ShadowFinch

• Settling In

• View Profile
Akenu, now I am imagining someone bringing a chair to the vet and saying, "Doc I have a problem. My rat isn't eating!"