Author Topic: Energy Problems  (Read 19950 times)

June 15, 2014, 10:09:02 PM
Read 19950 times

ShadowFinch

• Settling In

• View Profile
Not sure if this is where to post to ask this, so if it needs to be moved I will certainly do so. :) Anyhoo,I've been have a...problem...or something....with my energy lately. I've tried to experiment a little to learn more, but since I really don't know what I'm doing, all I get for certain is becoming familiar with the different sensations. Lately my energy feels...stronger and sort of destructive. Sometimes it feels like it's tearing me apart or that something else within me is trying to rip its way out. It hurts but at the same time I can't get enough of it. Now I don't claim to be able to "see" energy, but sometimes I get a visual image in my head of what I imagine it looks like. This energy seems to be a deep blue in color and seems more rigid (as opposed to - at least what I think is correct - energy that flows easily and gently). So is there something wrong with my energy? Am I going through some sort of change? Any insight would be helpful.

June 15, 2014, 11:04:59 PM
Reply #1

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
"You are what you think, having become what you thought." -Buddha

It's all in your head.

There is nothing wrong with you. Perhaps you are just experiencing a darker side. We all have them.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 16, 2014, 12:45:15 AM
Reply #2

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is where to post to ask this, so if it needs to be moved I will certainly do so. :) Anyhoo,I've been have a...problem...or something....with my energy lately. I've tried to experiment a little to learn more, but since I really don't know what I'm doing, all I get for certain is becoming familiar with the different sensations. Lately my energy feels...stronger and sort of destructive. Sometimes it feels like it's tearing me apart or that something else within me is trying to rip its way out. It hurts but at the same time I can't get enough of it. Now I don't claim to be able to "see" energy, but sometimes I get a visual image in my head of what I imagine it looks like. This energy seems to be a deep blue in color and seems more rigid (as opposed to - at least what I think is correct - energy that flows easily and gently). So is there something wrong with my energy? Am I going through some sort of change? Any insight would be helpful.

Does it feel like the power is clawing it's way upwards through your body, to the point of pain?  If so, start meditating on your chakras, and get them to be in tune with the frequency they're supposed to be working on.  Either they're out of sync, or something may be trying to influence or even taint your Ki/Qi/Chi.  If it's the latter, I'd reccomend meditating on your chakras, and doing chakra work until the clawing feeling is pushed out of you entirely.
An old Radki user, still working to refine how it was originally taught.  I've been studying since 1998, for 15 years of the stuff.

I've worked as a mentor online on AIM and MSN for the past 10 years of that time, as well.

If you want to ask me about Astral Projection, Radki, or anything else, I'll give you advice.

June 16, 2014, 02:31:19 AM
Reply #3

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

Considering this seems to be a water element related, are there any emotional changes recently? I can't see your age, so hard to guess, maybe some family problems or hitting puberty?

June 16, 2014, 03:38:32 AM
Reply #4

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
"You are what you think, having become what you thought." -Buddha

It's all in your head.

There is nothing wrong with you. Perhaps you are just experiencing a darker side. We all have them.

I'll agree. It's in your head...

And I think you need to discover yourself..

Lately my energy feels...stronger and sort of destructive. Sometimes it feels like it's tearing me apart or that something else within me is trying to rip its way out.

That's an interesting description. What is tearing you apart? Something else? What else?

Also...how do you define yourself? What is self within self?

I hate to say it but in many respects you're expecting something for the energy to do...and because you pair x with y, that's why you experience exactly what you're experiencing.

A trick of the mind and nothing more.

If I was you, I'd probably introspect a lot more. E.g. the expectations of your practice, who you are, and so on...

You'll find that the mind is feeding a lot of what you're experiencing

June 16, 2014, 07:35:54 AM
Reply #5

DecayingNecropolis

• View Profile
I'm actually really close friends with ShadowFinch. And I can honestly say from what I've seen, that its not just in her head. Definitely not puberty either. I've tried to help her through it personally, but if it were in her head, I'm sure I would have been able to convince her to snap out of it by now. I suggested she come here because I'm trying to help her find a solution to this, because its just getting worse and there's nothing wrong with her mentally to suggest that as being the root cause of the problem. And I understand wanting to jump to the conclusion that its all in her head, since this was the first post she made, and I know first hand that boards like this often get people trolling, but I can say that's not the case here. She already felt bad enough about having to come to a forum for help with this to ask other people for help, and saying its in your head really isn't helping. Now, I don't mean that in any way disrespectful, but if you do truly believe its a matter of set mentality, how would telling them that help? In fact it would only create more conflict and add to the problem if it were true. But maybe I can give an outside perspective on this?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 07:43:02 AM by DecayingNecropolis »

June 16, 2014, 08:23:12 AM
Reply #6

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I'm actually really close friends with ShadowFinch. And I can honestly say from what I've seen, that its not just in her head. Definitely not puberty either. I've tried to help her through it personally, but if it were in her head, I'm sure I would have been able to convince her to snap out of it by now. I suggested she come here because I'm trying to help her find a solution to this, because its just getting worse and there's nothing wrong with her mentally to suggest that as being the root cause of the problem. And I understand wanting to jump to the conclusion that its all in her head, since this was the first post she made, and I know first hand that boards like this often get people trolling, but I can say that's not the case here. She already felt bad enough about having to come to a forum for help with this to ask other people for help, and saying its in your head really isn't helping. Now, I don't mean that in any way disrespectful, but if you do truly believe its a matter of set mentality, how would telling them that help? In fact it would only create more conflict and add to the problem if it were true. But maybe I can give an outside perspective on this?

Ok, how about family problems? Divorce, abuse, arguments with relatives? What she(?) describes seems to be a result of some emotional problem she is coming through, maybe even a depression.

June 16, 2014, 08:32:49 AM
Reply #7

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
but if it were in her head, I'm sure I would have been able to convince her to snap out of it by now

Not necessarily. Understand that when I say it's in her head, EVERYTHING is (to take a very Buddhist / Daoist approach).
The problem with the statement is that it would assume that if it is in someone's head, if someone is aware of the issue, then the resolution would be easy.

In the case of (at least a Chan Buddhist and esoteric Daoist perspective) any issues surrounding practice, it is the mind that is the top barrier of whether someone understands or not.

To give an example for six months, I thought I discovered yang chi (very early on in my training). The truth was it was what I identified as yang chi because of the descriptions other people used to describe the phenomenon. Depending on the "flow" of energy, that also reinforced my stance that yes this is yang chi, this is yin chi and so on.

That's the role of the mind - to make things inauthentic as authentic. To make the impermanent as permanent. So to argue that it is all in someone's head, there's a high level of absolute in that statement because it is sadly.

To really go deep, I'd ask a few questions:

1. which method is she practicing? (like which method? there's so many different methods under the sun and for as many leaves there are on trees, so there are methods of cultivation from both eastern and western perspectives)
2. When did the issue occur? What was she thinking / not thinking? Did it occur after a specific practice?
3. Has there been any PHYSICAL (e.g. medical) ruling out?

The above questions would help me understand somewhat of what is going on.

Also:

but if you do truly believe its a matter of set mentality, how would telling them that help? In fact it would only create more conflict and add to the problem if it were true.

An old Buddhist story is quite apt.
A baby boy of royal lineage was kidnapped and left in a forest. Two farmers were happy to discover the baby and raised the baby as their own. The royal parents, however, continued to search for the baby until someone found the body to confirm that it was their child.

Years pass and the boy was found by the royal guard who told the boy of his true birth right. That he was the son of the current king and queen, making him a prince. In fact, one of the members of the royal guard demanded that the son came back because he is the prince and he has a duty to uphold.

The body suddenly became defiant and told the royal guard that as prince the guard has to abide by his orders. And he ordered them to leave the parents he knew in peace as he lived with them. The royal guard had no choice but to listen.

Simply put, sometimes when a person does tell another these things, it does have a profound effect and it does change their perception of how to view a situation. And it happens all the time.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I can certainly say, personally a huge stumbling block was what I was told as well as media influences on what chi was, the path was, how things felt and so on. And it does take time to deconstruct that. But in and of itself, it was my mind at the end of the day.

No one is saying this to your friend as a means to insult her or diminish practicing. Far from it. But it is so the same mistakes are not made

June 16, 2014, 08:39:35 AM
Reply #8

ShadowFinch

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have to get to work so this post will be quick. Yes, I have been having emotional problems, but this stuff started happening much before the emotional drama. And to be honest, I wasn't surprised that something else came up. Within the past year I've started experiencing a lot of things. Too much to go into right now, but one of which included me drawing symbols that I had never seen before. At first I thought they were just things I made up that looked cool, but while browsing magic stuff online, I started to find that some of the symbols I drew actually existed. There's been other weird stuff like this and I've been trying to rule out any and every logical possibility. I will talk more about this when I get back from work.

June 16, 2014, 08:41:27 AM
Reply #9

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
It is possible here to send attachments along the posts, so it might be a good idea to attach some scans of your drawings together with a bit more detailed story.

June 16, 2014, 09:01:53 AM
Reply #10

DecayingNecropolis

• View Profile
Ok, how about family problems? Divorce, abuse, arguments with relatives? What she(?) describes seems to be a result of some emotional problem she is coming through, maybe even a depression.
These are things too personal for me to answer for her. Though just about everyone deals with depression on some level.

1. which method is she practicing? (like which method? there's so many different methods under the sun and for as many leaves there are on trees, so there are methods of cultivation from both eastern and western perspectives)
2. When did the issue occur? What was she thinking / not thinking? Did it occur after a specific practice?
1. That I know of, or that she's practiced with me so far, she's been working on some astral projection, and making mental/energy connections with others that do tend to leave her in a bit of a stupor afterwards. As for exact methods for these, I don't know the whole mental process she uses. I believe they're her own improvised techniques though.
2. The issue seems to have been on and off. But they do get worse when she's been practicing. To the point she's had to cause physical stimulation through some means of pain, usually heat to return conscious focus to the body.
3. I believe so, but again that's too personal for me to answer myself.

Though I do understand what you mean by "in your head", and I am sorry to assume, but the way some of the others here worded it, made it sound much more directly implied to be of mental dysfunction. I do thank you for your own explanation and interpretation though, that's a very respectable view to me.

It is possible here to send attachments along the posts, so it might be a good idea to attach some scans of your drawings together with a bit more detailed story.
I will remind her to do so once she gets back from work. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:05:40 AM by DecayingNecropolis »

June 16, 2014, 09:21:23 AM
Reply #11

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for providing that because it helps (and I'm also a clinical psych by trade. While I don't diagnose online or treat, I can give a bit of a helping hand)

That I know of, or that she's practiced with me so far, she's been working on some astral projection, and making mental/energy connections with others that do tend to leave her in a bit of a stupor afterwards.

Erg...

So...why is it necessary to make these connections? I mean what is it adding to the practices? Such bonds are a natural occurrence and happen over time depending on the closeness of the people practicing. Really there shouldn't be any effort whatsoever (maybe minimal but not to the point of leaving in a stupor)

Next question

How do you both define being left in a stupor? Lethargic feeling? Tired, excited? It's surprising how many people use words and mean totally different things. That helps too - context.

As for exact methods for these, I don't know the whole mental process she uses. I believe they're her own improvised techniques though.

Any point of reference? Like a site?

I don't like the way this is sounding...

But they do get worse when she's been practicing. To the point she's had to cause physical stimulation through some means of pain, usually heat to return conscious focus to the body.

It's beginning to sound like method. At least so far...

I mean so far it seems the method is the primary cause of the issues. Any method that requires so much stress without the requisite concentration / meditation, I'd steer very far away from it as possible.

June 16, 2014, 10:10:30 AM
Reply #12

DecayingNecropolis

• View Profile
Thanks for providing that because it helps (and I'm also a clinical psych by trade. While I don't diagnose online or treat, I can give a bit of a helping hand)

That I know of, or that she's practiced with me so far, she's been working on some astral projection, and making mental/energy connections with others that do tend to leave her in a bit of a stupor afterwards.

Erg...

So...why is it necessary to make these connections? I mean what is it adding to the practices? Such bonds are a natural occurrence and happen over time depending on the closeness of the people practicing. Really there shouldn't be any effort whatsoever (maybe minimal but not to the point of leaving in a stupor)

Next question

How do you both define being left in a stupor? Lethargic feeling? Tired, excited? It's surprising how many people use words and mean totally different things. That helps too - context.

I mean so far it seems the method is the primary cause of the issues. Any method that requires so much stress without the requisite concentration / meditation, I'd steer very far away from it as possible.
Very interesting choice of trade.

Its not that it's necessary, its more out of her own personal interest in understanding other people better, its experimentation I suppose. She's still pretty new to practicing, so like I said, the methods are most likely improvised. So there's probably not much technique to them or point of reference. Though its not my mind so I can't really do justice to explaining it, I'll leave that to her. And as for what I meant by stupor, she just seems to be gone to the point she doesn't hear me and can't keep her eyes open. I don't know what exactly goes on internally, I just know from an outside perspective, she doesn't seem like herself in those moments. And I do know her quite well.

They very well could be caused by her methods, I don't know enough about them to be sure, but more traditional methods didn't seem to work too well for her. She also has trouble with concentration and meditation, so I don't think she does them often, and that may be part of the problem.

June 16, 2014, 11:25:34 AM
Reply #13

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile

Erg...

Next question

Very interesting choice of trade.

Its not that it's necessary, its more out of her own personal interest in understanding other people better, its experimentation I suppose. She's still pretty new to practicing, so like I said, the methods are most likely improvised. So there's probably not much technique to them or point of reference. Though its not my mind so I can't really do justice to explaining it, I'll leave that to her. And as for what I meant by stupor, she just seems to be gone to the point she doesn't hear me and can't keep her eyes open. I don't know what exactly goes on internally, I just know from an outside perspective, she doesn't seem like herself in those moments. And I do know her quite well.

They very well could be caused by her methods, I don't know enough about them to be sure, but more traditional methods didn't seem to work too well for her. She also has trouble with concentration and meditation, so I don't think she does them often, and that may be part of the problem.

It's probably best to wait until the OP does answer the question especially when you indicate she can't keep her eyes open and doesn't hear you...color me fascinated

June 16, 2014, 01:43:30 PM
Reply #14

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile

All of this makes me believe even more that it's in the head. I wasn't trying to be offensive or write her off, or make anyone feel bad. All I said was, "You are what you think, having become what you thought." You can't expect anything else from me, or anything else from mystic, being as we are both practicing Daoists. Mind is everything. There are 65000 different forms of delusion, according to Buddhism. Now don't sit there and say, "Kouji's an asshole and calling us deluded", because I'm not. Be honest with yourself, both of you. And really take that in and think about it. 65,000 different forms of delusion... and sometimes it's even said that each one is a separate "hell".

Let's be honest with ourselves here. I've been around online energy communities since I was 14, and I'm turning 30 this year. Do you understand exactly how many times I've heard people say that they have a "dark energy", a "split personality", an "evil side", and so on? In every single instance of this it's always been people playing pretend. You have a dark energy because you have a desire to have a dark energy! No more, no less. It's something from popular culture that you've heard about and seen, in superhero comics, manga and so on. It usually appeals to people who have been bullied or oppressed, or feel lonely. It is also rooted in a desire to feel special or stand out, especially in an online community. So your mind attaches to this idea and then creates those feelings and experiences. But, ultimately those desires and effects are false, because true spirituality and spiritual teaching will always teach you the exact opposite: Do good, be creative, manifest the light within you into the world, make the world a better place, and try to prevent unnecessary suffering. It doesn't have anything to do with mental dysfunction, it has everything to do with the mind attaching to something because it likes the idea. Whether you're honest with yourself and admit this or not is your decision, but that's my analysis. You can take it for what it's worth- and I've already stated how many times I've seen it before.

There does exist the possibility of demonic possession, or some kind of communication with a demonic intelligence, but that is actually extremely uncommon, and I personally am not suited to deal with it. It's not my field of work, and to be entirely honest I've never experienced firsthand proof of it. I would suggest that if you think this is the case, you contact either Fr. Ramose or Fr. Veos at thedivinescience.com, because they claim to have dealt with it. Unfortunately, knowing them as well as I do, I have a strong feeling that they will probably tell you the exact same things I'm telling you.

1. That I know of, or that she's practiced with me so far, she's been working on some astral projection, and making mental/energy connections with others that do tend to leave her in a bit of a stupor afterwards. As for exact methods for these, I don't know the whole mental process she uses. I believe they're her own improvised techniques though.
2. The issue seems to have been on and off. But they do get worse when she's been practicing. To the point she's had to cause physical stimulation through some means of pain, usually heat to return conscious focus to the body.
3. I believe so, but again that's too personal for me to answer myself.

I agree with mystic. It sounds like a problem with method. I would urge you to find some kind of path or teaching to learn from to practice energy work, instead of improvising on your own. Look into Psionics, Qigong, Yoga, and various forms of Magick. It can be on this site, it can be from a Guru or Sifu, it can be from modern parapsychological research, it can be from another website, and so on. It doesn't matter where, really, but look to those who came before you, and have been doing this stuff for years, and learn from them.

Any method that has you inflicting pain to do energy work is probably not good.

I suggest if you want to pursue this on Veritas, you look into the Qigong study group lessons ("Week 1-Week 6") or kobok's Dynamic Psi. Either of those will give you a firm foundation in energy manipulation.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:10:47 PM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.