Author Topic: Master Jiang (The Real Deal?)  (Read 5609 times)

May 08, 2014, 09:30:56 PM
Read 5609 times

Senkoujin

• Settling In

• View Profile
While randomly browsing YouTube, I ran across this Master Jiang guy who seems to have similar abilities to that of the highly revered 'John Chang'.  Although their styles/techniques are not the same, both have provided sufficient video proof to be considered something to take a second look into.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/user/JiangShaolinMaster/videos

His technique is rather peculiar; maybe it's the missing piece to my puzzle.  I shall cogitate and implement the targeted fragment of theoretical fruition.

May 08, 2014, 10:09:05 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

May 08, 2014, 10:19:59 PM
Reply #2

Senkoujin

• Settling In

• View Profile
The link I provided should have taken you to the YouTube video page which contains 8 videos.

May 08, 2014, 10:34:37 PM
Reply #3

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Got it. The videos are under 'Feed' not 'Videos,' my bad... buuut, I don't trust it.

The camera angles and scene cuts on a few of them make it seem like low budget special effects. For example, in the 'Telekinesis' video you will notice the camera angle cuts out his hand and paper before each attempt. On the 'Sweet Water' video the camera cuts scenes too many times... too easy to switch the liquid or add a chemical to make a dramatic change in the water.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

May 09, 2014, 02:07:37 AM
Reply #4

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
These are not camera tricks, but illusionist tricks.
Regarding the paper bits... It's the same device used for lighting up a diode, this device is hooked up on the body of the illusionist with one end touching the ground (usually a cable led through the shoe).

Something similar is presented e.g. here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGx83KppSCQ

May 09, 2014, 07:48:22 AM
Reply #5

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Akenu

They're not either. I met Jiang. He's literally the real deal. I still got the scar from him emitting his yin yang qi at 1% of his strength...

He often performs displays like that and others (to my knowledge he had a display in a singapore newspaper in like 2008). He currently has one disciple right now who is a friend of my teachers. At one point, Jiang was taking on private students for a larger fee, but I think that deal fell through and he currently has one disciple who can emit yin and yang qi with Jiang's help or some practice herbs (spoiler alert - they're practice herbs that open up the channels in the legs to emit yin yang qi after the merge occurs)

He's also a great healer, though his herbs are far too expensive (after the flight, the hotel and everything). He routinely tests people not in the way that chang tests people though. While chang will tap the soles of the feet, he will emit qi in your upper arm and hold it there for a few moments to determine if the channels are open and how much qi is stored in the lower dan tian.

I've never met chang (dijiang shifu) to determine the level of his yin yang qi. But I know my other teachers have and he too is the real deal.

I plan on seeing him again next year tentatively. But I can confirm, it's him. He is very powerful. And he is focusing on shen development right now. I pray to god I won't have to pay for more herbs  :headwall: they're not cheap

May 09, 2014, 08:48:20 AM
Reply #6

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@mystic: Just curiosity, what experience you had with Jiang that would rule out the possibility of the device?
The device is invisible under the clothes and with a good enough setup it is able to cause painful wounds or even make lights in the room blink (if you are not fried in the process).

May 09, 2014, 09:02:20 AM
Reply #7

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
While randomly browsing YouTube, I ran across this Master Jiang guy who seems to have similar abilities to that of the highly revered 'John Chang'.  Although their styles/techniques are not the same, both have provided sufficient video proof to be considered something to take a second look into.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/user/JiangShaolinMaster/videos

His technique is rather peculiar; maybe it's the missing piece to my puzzle.  I shall cogitate and implement the targeted fragment of theoretical fruition.

Each of his "demos" is conducted in an extremely suspicious manner.  The water demo doesn't keep the camera on full time, takes the cap off of the bottle (WHY, if not to add something?), and the bubbles only show up after he puts the cap back on and shakes it (riiiight).  The paper bits demos look exactly like what static electricity does when you put a statically charged hand near paper bits.  And in the demo where he lights straw on fire, he SPECIFICALLY requires that the observers keep adding straw until you can no longer see his hand (way more straw than relevant for starting a fire), and then he carefully rearranges the straw himself to make sure the camera's view of his hand is fully blocked.  Why do that if not to disguise what his hand is actually doing?

If he applies that much suspicious behavior to each of his demos, he is probably fraudulent.  I suggest ignoring him and moving on.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

May 09, 2014, 09:27:48 AM
Reply #8

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
@mystic: Just curiosity, what experience you had with Jiang that would rule out the possibility of the device?
The device is invisible under the clothes and with a good enough setup it is able to cause painful wounds or even make lights in the room blink (if you are not fried in the process).

The ability to replicate his abilities no matter what he wore. Some days he wore a pair of jeans and a t shirt, other days it was a pair of shorts and a t shirt.

He also was able to do it both outside and inside. No matter where he went, he did it.

As far as the skepticism, it is apt. But can one really analyze what another is doing on video? How is that the basis of empirical investigation? IMO it's not really empirical in the least. Actually it's extremely biased by proxy.

You go to the source and conduct an investigation in that manner otherwise the armchair investigation is best left for Sherlock Holmes books.

May 09, 2014, 09:33:20 AM
Reply #9

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

The ability to replicate his abilities no matter what he wore. Some days he wore a pair of jeans and a t shirt, other days it was a pair of shorts and a t shirt.

He also was able to do it both outside and inside. No matter where he went, he did it.

As far as the skepticism, it is apt. But can one really analyze what another is doing on video? How is that the basis of empirical investigation? IMO it's not really empirical in the least. Actually it's extremely biased by proxy.

You go to the source and conduct an investigation in that manner otherwise the armchair investigation is best left for Sherlock Holmes books.

You are right there should be no final conclusion based on a poor evidence (videos), sorry if my previous posts sounded that way. But yeah, based on the video I would say it's a scam to get money from gullible people, no definite verdict, though.

May 09, 2014, 09:58:51 AM
Reply #10

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile

You are right there should be no final conclusion based on a poor evidence (videos), sorry if my previous posts sounded that way. But yeah, based on the video I would say it's a scam to get money from gullible people, no definite verdict, though.

I mean at the end of the day you know people will have their opinions. I'm an idiot however. I like to go see if these people can do what I see on the video. Some teachers can, others can't. And that happens with a lot of "masters" you know?

But I like also meeting people like Jiang and others who have the ability, who can demonstrate it, and leave a lasting impression. In his case, he left two lasting impression (in my wallet and on my palm).

Really you know when you get down to people like Jiang and Chang and even several others, there's so many different ways to generate the abilities they can do. A female master in Bali got the ability from prayer while Chang and Jiang had to work their butts off to get to the point and beyond.

It makes you wonder

Okay these guys have these abilities. How did they get them? You study the lineage and you realize okay this guy got it this way, another guy got it that way. But then you're given a curve ball and you start all over again. It's truly a lived scientific model I think.

And let me say this

We are going to be arm chairing it in the sense that we don't have access to these people directly (well some of us do but the majority of us don't). All we have are videos. And from the videos we can make conclusions (guesses) about the people. Sometimes the guesses are right. Sometimes, they're not.

What makes either right or wrong is the fact that we explored it further than a video.

I know it's a lot of money to go see these guys (as well as time and effort. Some people aren't out for it and sometimes that's okay. But if you are...well just know you're in for a unique scientific exploration. The sheer irony is that science has only scratched the surface in explaining phenomenon like Jiang.

Odd story

So Jiang loves this demonstration.

He takes sealed water (like bottled water) and he will emit his qi in the plastic of the bottle. He asks people to drink the water. The water is so sweet, the taste of the sweetness will linger on your tongue for days. It's very hard to eat when you have that sweet taste on your tongue.

Now one can argue that because this thought is planted in one's conscious, the description affected the outcome of the experience. And there may be some validity to that actually.

However, I mean meeting Jiang, training with some of his students, being treated by Jiang, feeling the yin yang qi, I can say he's the legitimate guy in the videos.

A lot of the videos say it is Daoist, but he's not Daoist (lmao) he's a Chan Buddhist. But the cultivation methods are the same because of the country of origin (at least in the beginning).