Author Topic: Accumulate thy energy....barefoot  (Read 14023 times)

March 24, 2014, 03:03:13 AM
Read 14023 times

Hellblazer

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Delete this Account
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:47:03 AM by Hellblazer »
Delete this Account

March 24, 2014, 07:58:36 AM
Reply #1

Perimede

• Settling In

• View Profile
I guess I would go barefoot more.  If it weren't for the rattlesnakes here.  That, and the fact that watching me go barefoot is a little like watching a person cross a bed of hot coals.  'Ouch.  Ouch.  Ow.  Oh.  Ouch.'

March 24, 2014, 12:34:54 PM
Reply #2

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I guess I would go barefoot more.  If it weren't for the rattlesnakes here.  That, and the fact that watching me go barefoot is a little like watching a person cross a bed of hot coals.  'Ouch.  Ouch.  Ow.  Oh.  Ouch.'

flat feet problem or you are not used to walk barefoot?

March 25, 2014, 12:54:05 AM
Reply #3

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
According to my old kung fu instructors instructor when you ground on a regular basis you begin to vibrate at the Earth's frequency (432hz if I remember, the 'Schuman Frequency,' I believe) which helps clear the body of energetic and emotional toxins and after enough training, since you are vibrating at Earth's frequency, it opens up your natural psychic centers and abilities; a theory why Shamans are so closely connected to the animal kingdom and their Medicine. Grounding coupled with loving kindness (which can be grounding in itself) is why (as I have noticed) 'enlightened' groups and individuals are so extraordinary in psychic ability and emotional well-being.

I have noticed how a lot of ancient techniques are being 'discovered' by science (whether everybody agrees or not is a different story). I ground everyday and think it is a very powerful practice before and after energy work or meditation. It keeps me out of my head and more true to my path.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

March 25, 2014, 04:24:27 AM
Reply #4

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I just thought it was interesting and figured others might want to read it. It's getting rather difficult to want to post on the forum sometimes.

Just don't get annoyed by "I am the only right person in the world" people :D.

March 25, 2014, 04:41:02 AM
Reply #5

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Personally, I liked the article and understand (from my own perspective) why posting can be a bit frustrating; it's nice to have a conversation rather than an argument.

So I'll end with Frosty the Dao Man taking a walk with Puff the Moshing Elephant as a token of not taking life too seriously :snowman:  :elephant:.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

March 25, 2014, 07:57:40 AM
Reply #6

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
I read the article; what it seemed to be talking about was static transfer. If I recall correctly, don't oxygen free radicals only take electrons from other oxygen atoms? It's been a while since I studied this but something doesn't seem right.

March 25, 2014, 11:51:01 PM
Reply #7

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
Honestly, it could, BubbaFett.  And Perimede, I know that all too well.  I go barefoot inside the house, but never got around to trying it in the dirt much... mainly because in the pacific northwest, it's a pain to find places that aren't full of cement, gravel, dog poop, or lots and lots of splinters awaiting your feet when you think you're going to step into a spot devoid of mud.  Sad, but true over here.
An old Radki user, still working to refine how it was originally taught.  I've been studying since 1998, for 15 years of the stuff.

I've worked as a mentor online on AIM and MSN for the past 10 years of that time, as well.

If you want to ask me about Astral Projection, Radki, or anything else, I'll give you advice.

March 26, 2014, 12:38:55 AM
Reply #8

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
It doesn't have to be proven by science to be true or effective, and as BubbaFett pointed out, a lot of information many of us post comes from experience or our teachers experience who have proven over time that what they say is based on practicality and results.

There's lots of dog poop in my backyard, but you don't have to be barefoot to ground. You can ground through your perenium (Root Chakra) by feeling and/or visualizing a cord extending from your perenium into the Earth. Cleansing with breath is a good way to ground, especially in natural air. Feeling my body and stability to the Earth is grounding in itself for me, even with my shoes on.

March 26, 2014, 01:06:50 AM
Reply #9

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
When I wrote it, I more meant that I've never been able to really try it to see if it affects my grounding, mind_bender.  But thank you anyways for pointing that out.  Might I suggest tree roots, as well?  That flows more naturally for me than a cord.
An old Radki user, still working to refine how it was originally taught.  I've been studying since 1998, for 15 years of the stuff.

I've worked as a mentor online on AIM and MSN for the past 10 years of that time, as well.

If you want to ask me about Astral Projection, Radki, or anything else, I'll give you advice.

March 26, 2014, 02:07:42 AM
Reply #10

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Cord, tree roots, extended genitalia, doesn't really matter as long as your body responds well to it. From one book (Your Aura and Your Chakras by Karla McLaren) the extension should be smooth on the outside edges so excess and mucky energy easily slides off. This is the way my Reiki teacher taught me as well and the same idea from a local qigong master. From this specific qigong perspective, the cord is more like a drill made out of energy that causes a Torus effect around the body - the deeper you sink the bigger your energy bubble gets. Your personal energy sinks into the Earth and as you bring up Earth energy, it curves around your front, back, and left and right sides of your field, and back into your Crown and through your center line into the Earth in a continous cycle. This clears and tonifies your internal and external energy.

March 26, 2014, 02:43:45 AM
Reply #11

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
My training area has gardening tarp over the dirt, but it's thin enough for the Earth energy to get through. I do my morning routine barefoot and in the Sunlight as well. I love training and meditating outside because you get a direct feeling of the elements and Cosmic Consciousness (especially at night. Most of my magic took place under the Night Sky). Breathing in cold Cosmic air after a late night exercises routine with your barefeet on the cold ground is like nothing else. Hmm... wish it was a little earlier so I could do this without staying up until Sunrise.

July 07, 2014, 07:58:31 AM
Reply #12

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
The explanation is somewhat pseudo-scientific, but they are hitting on a truth which has been known by various mystical groups and systems - that contact with the earth is healthy, because it allows an exchange of energy. It's just not taking place on a physical/electromagnetic level, so they have to come up with another more ''scientific'' sounding explanation.

I've experimented with this myself, and spending time (I try for at least an hour or two a day) outside, connected to the earth, does wonders for the energetic anatomy.

Think about it, we evolved and developed in contact with the earth for tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of years. Of course taking away that connection is going to have repercussions and cause imbalance.

To anyone who hasn't tried it, I highly recommend it, especially if you're involved in any kind of energetic or spiritual practice. You can literally feel the difference, not just over the long term but in an acute sense (at least if you're in tune enough with your own energetic anatomy).