Author Topic: A question on Auras and the art of 'seeing' them.  (Read 20068 times)

February 22, 2014, 02:44:37 PM
Read 20068 times

Phaethon

• View Profile
Recently, I've been giving some thought into auras, and I've realized that I have a rather difficult time in visualizing them, instead whenever I think about somebody and what their aura could possibly be, I get the impression of the color. Is there a particular reason for this?

My mother can see the auras just fine, so she's confirmed the impressions I get, but I'm still not sure what it exactly means that I can't see auras.

Also this thread was created to avoid necroposting, however if it should be put into another thread please do so.

February 22, 2014, 04:56:06 PM
Reply #1

JustinReeves

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Can you see your own aura? I find seeing the auras of other people much more difficult. With my aura I can just hold up my hand and be able to see it and the color. Also, do you expect to we the auras in your mind? Or be able to visually see it?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:37:21 PM by JustinReeves »

February 22, 2014, 11:56:15 PM
Reply #2

Phaethon

• View Profile
Can you see your own aura? I find seeing the auras of other people much more difficult. With my aura I can just hold up my hand and be able to see it and the color. Also, do you expect to we the auras in your mind? Or be able to visually see it?

I don't see my own. When I first applied my method of 'sensing' to myself, I thought it was gold/yellow. I dismissed this has hubris, and couldn't think of anything else. It wasn't until a conversation with my mother about auras last week that I realized that it wasn't hubris because she said that my aura flared between yellows and golds. I had also correctly described my brother's has a muddy brown. I don't see it, the colour comes to me in the form of the word.

February 23, 2014, 01:22:40 AM
Reply #3

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
When it comes to auras I'm more tactile, in other worsds, I feel different types of pressures. Rarely do I see colors, usually it's just off white unless I am in a highly charged room, such as energy healing workshops like Reiki or sound healing. My mother senses auras even over distance. I have to be in the vicinity to actually feel an aura.

The reason you don't see auras is because you already have a finely tuned personal sense (hearing what the color is). We each have different ways we percieve psychic impressions, we just need to trust them. I feel on a visceral level more than see or hear, but sometimes I get visual and auditory impressions, so it is difficult at times to know what is intuition over fantasy, although it has gotten easier over time. That's not to say you can't train the other subtle sense perceptions, but the one to rely on is the one that comes natural.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

February 23, 2014, 09:43:44 AM
Reply #4

Phaethon

• View Profile
I had always thought that seeing auras was the most common form of knowing what they were, but now from what you're saying it appears less so.

February 24, 2014, 01:01:41 AM
Reply #5

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
We're both the same way, Mind_Bender.  I feel auras tactically more than I see them.  It's quite rare when I can actually see them, to be honest, and it's usually marked by me accomplishing something new or unique.
I've noticed, as time goes on, each energy type manipulated has a different feel to it.  Astral energies no longer available on the physical plane have a unique feel and sensation when mixed with the aura, as well.  But at first, all energies felt the same, in auras or constructs, like a sensation of dipping my hand into a sensation of my hand falling asleep, only without the pins and needles.
Have you noticed anything interesting with tactile sensation, like that?
An old Radki user, still working to refine how it was originally taught.  I've been studying since 1998, for 15 years of the stuff.

I've worked as a mentor online on AIM and MSN for the past 10 years of that time, as well.

If you want to ask me about Astral Projection, Radki, or anything else, I'll give you advice.

February 24, 2014, 04:32:12 PM
Reply #6

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Defintely. In hostile situations my heart races, my mind gets frantic (which is all biological), but when I ground, I feel dense, like a piece of granite. Like I need to break something (or someone) just to move around. People that talk alot about issues that are negative, I get feelings of spikes enter, where happy people and people with deep love, the area feels light and actually gets more clear visually. After a hostile situation calms down, it feels like the hostility gets washed away in an ambience of understanding and gratitude. Different sensations per different people and events in my experience.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

November 12, 2014, 12:58:22 PM
Reply #7

LordGreystoke

• View Profile
It's definitely a feeling. I sometimes don't even have to open my eyes to know. It's just there. And I believe that the whole idea of "aura color" is simply a way for our human minds to interpret energy through eyesight. Even a blind sage can sense it, so aura detection goes much deeper than seeing colors. 

November 12, 2014, 06:32:51 PM
Reply #8

Ikarium

• View Profile
I've noticed this seems to be related to weather you are more of a visual or auditory learner.  I've struggled with this, my only visual queue on aura is a grayish mass that gives me a sense of quantity but not the color. I get a general sense like serenity, anger, fanaticism etc but  I don't even know the color associated to auras but I've also received confirmation that my instinct were accurate.  Also detecting entities and dealing with them i do without any visual queue but only general impressions and had good results .  I'm at the extreme range of auditory myself and visualizing has always been hard.  I know most people could actually visualize a tree along with individual leaves etc.  For me it's similar to a kid drawing a tree with crayon with a nice mass of green for the leaves. My dreams are mostly rough sketches with a lot more symbols then actual objects. 

While not necessarily as extreme as my case , you may have to rely more on impression and might have more success in replacing visualization method with holding a concept or impression in your awareness.  You have the enviable position of having someone who can help you hone your instincts so this is definitely a great asset.  Don't discount the fact you might need to practice visualization to improve this skill but figuring out if you function differently might be critical to any practice your engage in. 

November 24, 2014, 10:10:36 PM
Reply #9

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science
Everyone sees auras differently because what you see is an interpretation of your own mind, much like what happens in your dreams. Essentially when you dream you are astrally working with certain energies and then this is interpreted by your mind in the form of a story, symbols and metaphors.

So if you want to see auras just believe you can see them and look at the edge of a person's body whenever you have the chance. It's easier to pick up on things clairvoyantly when seen out of the peripheral vision if it's not fully active. So just walk around and do that and look for spirits eventually you will begin seeing them and then you can create your own map for what the different colors in the aura mean to your mind so you can interpret what people are feeling and thinking just by looking at their aura.
thedivinescience.org

November 25, 2014, 11:09:31 AM
Reply #10

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
"look at the edge of a person's body whenever you have the chance"
http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/111006/how-does-light-bend-around-my-finger-tip

"when seen out of the peripheral vision"
Quote from: Wikipedia
Peripheral vision is weak in humans, especially at distinguishing color and shape. This is because receptor cells on the retina are greater at the center and lowest at the edges (see visual system for an explanation of these concepts)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_vision
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion

Do not trust peripheral vision or tricks of the light. Proper aura seeing should be a psychic phenomenon, not a visual phenomenon.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

November 26, 2014, 05:39:02 PM
Reply #11

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science
You're going to quote wikipedia and think that means more than actual experience?
thedivinescience.org

November 26, 2014, 06:39:19 PM
Reply #12

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
You're going to quote wikipedia and think that means more than actual experience?

Yes, he can do that. And speaking from my own "actual experience," I will echo Steve's point: Clairvoyance is not a trick of the light achieved by manipulating the physical eyes. It is something very distinct and separate from the physical eyes, actually, even though an overlap of sorts can be experienced when it's more developed.

Something that must always be considered in matters like this is the concept of what Psionics named Analytical Overlay. If you look out of the corner of your eyes for long periods of time expecting to see something, eventually you will. But just because you saw what you expected to see, that doesn't mean you actually saw something metaphysical. It just means that you saw what you expected to see.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

November 28, 2014, 10:32:02 AM
Reply #13

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Actual experiences of what? Seeing colours or light bending around objects?

One of the biggest problems I've seen when people, especially new-agers, talk about auras is that there is no objectivity. There is no attempt to really find out 1) if it is real, and not just a hallucination, 2) if it is psychic, and 3) whether it even matters.

So you see some colours around someone: What do they mean? Oh, you have to figure that out yourself? Try cold reading instead. It will give you much better insight into other peoples' feelings and thoughts and whatnot, and is entirely mundane so anyone can learn it a lot more easily than learning psychic stuff.

Unless you're going to give him means to develop actual psychic aura-seeing, then telling him to willingly fall prey to verified "tricks of the eyes" is not really good advice.

Oh, maybe I should clarify from my own life: I've never seen "auras"/colours around people, but I've still developed both psychic empathy and telepathy on both the level where I could look at a person and see their thoughts/feelings around them, and on the level where I could perceive their thoughts/feelings inside me while knowing that it is a reflection of them.

~Steve
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:35:41 AM by Steve »
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

November 29, 2014, 12:14:40 PM
Reply #14

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science
Actual experiences of what? Seeing colours or light bending around objects?

Oh, maybe I should clarify from my own life: I've never seen "auras"/colours around people, but I've still developed both psychic empathy and telepathy on both the level where I could look at a person and see their thoughts/feelings around them, and on the level where I could perceive their thoughts/feelings inside me while knowing that it is a reflection of them.

You only have to be empathetic to achieve intuitive clairvoyance like that. And it's still good and useful I'm glad you can have that experience.

To develop actual perceptual clairvoyance, where you see actual colors and entities, it does start with what I suggested. You can believe me or not, it doesn't effect my work. I'm just telling you how I was told to start and it worked for me.

Here is a good article from Prophecy:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,9283.0.html
thedivinescience.org