Author Topic: Construct Dynamics  (Read 28953 times)

January 09, 2014, 10:32:44 PM
Read 28953 times

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Construct Dynamics

Introduction

In the physical world, the Industrial Revolution sparked a transition that took us in only two hundred years from pieces of metal attached to sticks, to instant global communication and the navigation of machines across other planets.  The source of this change was ultimately a philosophical one, in which people began to more systematically use machines to build other machines.  This article is about the application of this same philosophy to the art of psi.

I have often been asked why the system Dynamic Psi has the word "Dynamic" in it.  The explanation goes deeper than it sounding good, and in fact, I selected the name of the entire system after the concept of construct dynamics.  This article will only give a glimpse of what is possible, but I hope it to be an illustrative sample.

Constructs

Put simply, a construct is a conceptual structure which consists of an intent, through which psi energy flows, and which gives form and properties to that psi energy.  In the most basic performance of psi, such as kinetting an object, the psion forms an intent with the soul, which forms the intent as a construct in the conceptual domain.  Then the psion sends energy into that construct, and actualizes it so that the intent manifests in the desired outcome.

Given this broad definition, constructs are not restricted to having a spatial form.  As their primary existence is in the conceptual domain, the scope of what can be a construct is quite literally as broad as what can be clearly conceptualized.  Because of this, constructs are able to take on very elaborate responsive and interactive properties, which leads us to the field of construct dynamics.

Construct Dynamics

Construct dynamics can be defined as the behavior and interaction of constructs, and its study and practice can enable us to engineer combinations of constructs which make possible things beyond what can be achieved with the strength of one will.  I will begin by illustrating four principles:

1)  Everything done with psi is done via the formation of constructs.  Therefore the types of things a construct can do are identical to the types of things psi can do.

2)  Constructs can form other constructs.  As constructs are conceptual in nature, their interactive behavior can lead to the formation of new conceptual constructs.

3)  Constructs can be responsive.  As they can scan the physical world, they are able to respond behaviorally to any sort of event happening in the physical world.  They can also respond interactively to other constructs, permitting a chain of events.

4)  Constructs can be self-sustaining.  A construct can be given the intent to continue in operation after the psion withdraws focus from it, and it will continue on the specified behavior until the behavior concludes (which may be never), or until it is dismantled.

Practice

The following exercises are not designed for a beginner, and will require an existing foundation of skills established by earlier psi practice including meditation, kinesis, and the basic formation of constructs.  In each of the following exercises you will need to use good form for rigorous psi practice, including entering a deep meditative state and identifying your soul so that you can use it for the formation and manipulation of these constructs.

The goal of this sequence of exercises will be the creation of a physical object which you can use to facilitate the more rapid performance of psi.  While it may take you some time to work through the initial exercises, you should begin thinking about what small object or trinket you want to imbue with this property.

Practicing the components

Energy creation

For the first exercise, you should practice forming a construct which creates energy.  First discard any misguided notions you may have about the impossibility of creating energy.  Psi constructs can do this with ease, and require only a straightforward intent to create energy.  Practice making such a construct until you are able to use one to reach a well energized state, and keep a mental note of the successful construct that you make.

Responding to your attention

It is difficult to practice making a construct that performs an interactive behavior without also giving it some response to perform.  So in this exercise you will form a construct which responds to your attention on it.  Then, you will again form an energy creation construct.  Then bring these two constructs together such that in response to your attention, the combined construct creates energy.

Active drawing of focus

Normally focus is the prerequisite of a psi practice.  Here it is both the prerequisite and an additional end goal.  First realize that you are simply one more thing that you can affect with your constructs.  Enter a focused state as usual, but then create a construct that actively reaches out to you and draws you into a deeply focused and meditative state.  You will want to program the construct to actively clear your thoughts, and to bring both your brain and soul into an actively focused mind.  When it's working, you should be able to feel the construct actively pulling you into a more focused state.

Providing energy

Similarly to how you created a construct which drew you into a focus, you will want to practice creating a construct which creates energy, and then actively provides that energy to you.

Sealing for permanence

To make a construct "permanent", it only requires that you add an additional intent to it that it will be permanent.  This will work as long as you have a clear conceptualized intent for that permanence.  The easiest way to do this is to first create the construct, and then merge the intent of permanence with it in a process called "sealing".  After this, you carefully separate your focus from the construct so that you are no longer affecting or changing its form and function, which will leave it operating on its own.  You can then reattach to a construct and dismantle it as easily as you made it permanent.  Practice this process.

Attaching to an object

Attaching is the process of forming a persistent association between a symbol or a physical object and a specific construct.  To attach a construct to an object, form the construct as usual, and then conceptualize it in the vicinity of the object.  Then merge an additional intent with it that it remain attached to the object.  Practice this with one of the constructs you practiced with already, and dismantle it when you are finished.

Creating the final object

You will attach two separate permanent constructs to the object or trinket you have chosen.  One to actively draw you into focus, and the other to provide you with energy upon request.  These constructs are complex, as are their descriptions.  Read them several times through so that you fully understand the steps you need to take.  Then take them one step at a time, and piece them together.  The end result will be well worth it.

The focus construct

First form a construct that creates energy.  Then create a construct that actively clears your mind and draws in your focus at all levels of your mind, as you did before.  Merge these two constructs such that the construct creating the energy is powering the construct focus drawing construct.  Then create a construct that responds to your attention on the physical object, and attach it to the focus drawing construct so that it draws your focus upon your attention on the physical object, using the energy from the energy creation construct to draw in your focus.  When you have merged these, conceptualize the combination as a single focus construct, and attach it to the object you have chosen.  Then seal the construct for permanence, and separate your focus from the construct.

The energy construct

For this one you will create a much larger energy creation construct.  Do this by creating an energy creation construct, then using the energy creation construct to power your enlargement of it to a larger energy creation construct.  Repeat this a few times until you reach the limit of what you can meaningfully manipulate.  Take that large energy creation construct and attach it to a construct which will trigger upon your attention on the energy construct, and on so doing, actively provide the energy to you.  Note that in the previous focus construct, you set it to trigger upon your focus on the physical object.  In this one, set it to trigger upon focusing on the energy construct, so you can achieve a focused state upon picking up your object, and draw energy only when you are ready to do so.  When you have formed this merged construct, attach it to your object, seal it for permanence, and separate your focus from the construct.

Conclusion

If you have performed these steps correctly, you will end up with an object that upon putting your attention on it, it will actively draw you into a focused meditative state.  This will enable you to rapidly enter a state suitable for performing psi.  Then, upon forming an intent from this focused state, you can apply attention to the energy construct attached to your object, and rapidly attain a large amount of energy for powering your intent.  This object can be a valuable asset for your later practices, and is a valuable tool for making more practical use of psi.

This approach is also designed to illustrate a more general principle of construct dynamics, which is that like in the Industrial Revolution, you can combine constructs in ways that are like conceptual "machines" with behavior that can facilitate the creation of even more complex constructs.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:51:50 PM by kobok »
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 13, 2014, 05:26:03 AM
Reply #1

YMI

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Dope! Love the idea presented here along with the actual Tech, first thought i had after reading halfway through was a psionic Solomon's ring. I had ideas about making a similar object but never as well thought out and described as this article. All in all i enjoyed this knowledgeable read, thank you.

January 13, 2014, 08:04:36 PM
Reply #2

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Thanks kobok. What are some relatively simple and useful constructs that are easy to create after mastering these?
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

January 16, 2014, 10:35:05 AM
Reply #3

YMI

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
i assume the point is to let creativity take hold and become a "psi-engineer"

January 18, 2014, 06:02:58 PM
Reply #4

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Thanks kobok. What are some relatively simple and useful constructs that are easy to create after mastering these?

Constructs that perform healing, or maintain health, are generally of pretty good use.  It can sometimes be difficult to do psi healing while sick.  For this reason, it can be of significant value to merge psi healing constructs with some of the ideas described in this article, particularly responding to your attention, or perhaps a wearable object with a construct that activates upon being worn.

Another important class of constructs with many applications are self-replicating ones.  This is a sufficiently complex topic that it warrants a lengthy description of its own, but in summary a self-replicating construct is any construct which can power itself, create a functioning copy of itself, and achieve some purpose.  Constructs which can make new copies of themselves are a little complicated to work out, but they can often be used to great effect.  For sensible function, it can be helpful to use some sort of additional coordinating construct which regulates the coordination of their combined behavior, such as when they should replicate, and coordinating their performance of the desired effect.  This is a challenging class of constructs to design, and it requires practice to keep it all straight in your head.  But there is significant benefit to working in this direction, as there is a great deal more that can be accomplished with hundreds of thousands of constructs acting in unison than with a single mind asserting its raw will.

March 14, 2014, 06:09:39 PM
Reply #5

Aspices

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have a interesting experience to relate, I used the construct in making the construct.  I got the idea from the article about retroselection.  I have noticed that simply from having used it a few times, I had a tendency to be less distracted.  I was also hoping to inquire about the Dynamic Psi ebook you have been working on, since the last Psi study group was a bust.

March 15, 2014, 09:27:19 AM
Reply #6

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I was also hoping to inquire about the Dynamic Psi ebook you have been working on, since the last Psi study group was a bust.

Yeah, it's still in progress.

May 30, 2014, 12:03:08 PM
Reply #7

Messiaen

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thanks for this informative post. I really learned much from it.

Greetings,
Messiaen.