Author Topic: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator  (Read 7724 times)

January 06, 2014, 04:57:39 PM
Read 7724 times

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Quote from: Wiki
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions.[1]:1 These preferences were extrapolated from the typological theories proposed by Carl Gustav Jung and first published in his 1921 book Psychological Types (English edition, 1923[2]). Jung theorized that there are four principal psychological functions by which we experience the world: sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking.[3] One of these four functions is dominant most of the time.

Take this test, answer honestly, and post which type you end up being classified as!

I'm an ENFJ. You can explore the various descriptions of these personalities here.

Obviously, this are a thousand different problems with this method of profiling, but it's really fun to read through and it can be at lealst a little insightful regarding a few aspects of your life.

Were your results accurate? Why or why not? Talk about yourself and your personality!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:18:23 PM by `Nazukarr »
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

January 06, 2014, 06:34:39 PM
Reply #1

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
Took the test; got INTP.

January 06, 2014, 08:15:18 PM
Reply #2

Bugs

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thanks for the link I enjoyed it.

Here's my result and it's accurate though I'm not favor of the 1% judging, it should be higher (I wonder what's the question regarding it).

My personality type: INTJ.

Strength of individual traits: Introversion - 69%, Intuition - 71%, Thinking - 47%, Judging - 1%.

January 06, 2014, 10:08:27 PM
Reply #3

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
INFP, although I'm pretty skeptical about these things generally speaking.

January 06, 2014, 11:53:08 PM
Reply #4

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Well, there are a handful of problems associated with them. The embellished language in the descriptions make people a little wary,  but the idea of cataloging certain behaviors and using them to shed light on psychological dispositions makes sense to me. For example, if you know that a person wakes up early in the morning every day and exercises, they are methodical and at least a little disciplined. This test makes more sophisticated and subtle observations. A big problem regarding even what it does right, however, is the dichotomy of each attribute. Introversion vs. Extroversion, etc.

I've seen these used to successful communicate and profile people in the business world but they're not flawless!

I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

January 07, 2014, 01:51:06 AM
Reply #5

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Well, there are a handful of problems associated with them. The embellished language in the descriptions make people a little wary,  but the idea of cataloging certain behaviors and using them to shed light on psychological dispositions makes sense to me. For example, if you know that a person wakes up early in the morning every day and exercises, they are methodical and at least a little disciplined. This test makes more sophisticated and subtle observations. A big problem regarding even what it does right, however, is the dichotomy of each attribute. Introversion vs. Extroversion, etc.

I've seen these used to successful communicate and profile people in the business world but they're not flawless!

Yeah I'm ok with that in theory, but I'm not sure human behavior is something that can be broken down like that reliably, and I'm certain that it can't be done using self reporting internet surveys, there's just too much ambiguity and psychological bias. So many questions on those things could be answered differently depending on how you interpret them.

January 08, 2014, 01:56:22 AM
Reply #6

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
I'm an INTJ. I haven't looked up the explanations for the abbreviations yet, so I have no idea what I am looking at, for now.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

January 08, 2014, 12:05:49 PM
Reply #7

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
ISJF

Introverted - 38%
Sensing - 18%
Feeling - 4%
Judging - 27%

I wish I was a little less Judging, but hey, the explanation of ISJF is good all around and good to 'hear' for my life goals. I guess I'm going in the right direction!  :biggrin:
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

January 08, 2014, 11:30:13 PM
Reply #8

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

January 09, 2014, 12:34:19 AM
Reply #9

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
INTJ

Introversion - 47%, Intuition - 31%, Thinking - 27%, Judging - 44%.

It's fairly accurate (and I've pretty much always tested as INTJ since a kid). Although I'd say, overtime my personality has become a lot more flexible and adaptive.

January 12, 2014, 12:42:35 PM
Reply #10

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
INTJ, matching what I always get on Myers-Briggs tests.  I do think this category of personality tests is in general extremely insightful.

Incidentally, I laughed at "55. If the room is full, you stay closer to the walls, avoiding the center."  At scientific conferences, there are a lot of people who would agree with that statement.  As soon as a room fills up about half to two-thirds of the seats, people stop sitting in the remaining seats and start lining up in piles along the walls.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 12, 2014, 01:36:44 PM
Reply #11

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
INTJ, matching what I always get on Myers-Briggs tests.  I do think this category of personality tests is in general extremely insightful.

Incidentally, I laughed at "55. If the room is full, you stay closer to the walls, avoiding the center."  At scientific conferences, there are a lot of people who would agree with that statement.  As soon as a room fills up about half to two-thirds of the seats, people stop sitting in the remaining seats and start lining up in piles along the walls.

... They actually do that?

Huh, the more you know.

January 20, 2014, 01:15:24 PM
Reply #12

Theopholis

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Achievement Unlocked: Stare at Candles
    • View Profile
I'm an INTP too. We're fairly over-represented on the internet.
And if that doesn't work, try focal meditation.

March 11, 2014, 09:24:15 PM
Reply #13

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
Forum is a little stale at the moment, ENFP here to represent.

March 12, 2014, 01:51:13 PM
Reply #14

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Your personality type: INFP.

Breakdown of preferences: Mind - Kind (20%), Energy - Reserved (25%), Nature - Intuitive (25%), Tactics - Searching (3%), Identity - Assertive (28%).

The only accurate thing in the description of INFP personality was probably just the poetry thing. The rest were either reformulated answers or generalizations.