Author Topic: Projection while awake  (Read 2958 times)

November 26, 2013, 10:57:29 PM
Read 2958 times

Bugs

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have read from a book that projection (astral) is possible while you are awake. Meaning while doing your daily stuff you unconsciously project yourself. I just want to know if someone can do it consciously or simply being aware?
Sometimes I have this 'feeling' and it usually occurs in time pattern around 4pm to 5pm. The feeling that a part of me is 'somewhere' although I cannot confirm if it is a projection since I had no memory of the event the only outcome or effect in me is a sense of high awareness during those times.

November 27, 2013, 01:00:11 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
That happens at times to me as well. Spend more time grounding and tuning into your body because these random trips, if continued without proper control, can cause auric tears and mental aberration. Not an absolute, but be careful with random travels, becuase sometimes they're just mental projections and nothing more. Don't get too caugt up in it and relax into your being more.

The three classics of balanced diet, regular physical exercise and gentle reflection and relaxation are good to keep in mind to gain better observence and control over the phenomena.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

November 27, 2013, 03:15:48 PM
Reply #2

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    <insert something cynical and sarcastic>
    • View Profile
    • Noein
I have projected while awake, and you remember it when you come back to your body where you have two memories for that time - memories when you were in your body and memories while you were not in it; however, until you come back, one doesn't have memory of the other. It is not unconsciously projecting yourself per ce; rather, it is when your soul decides to, for whatever reason, leave. There is typically not an absence of memory, in my experience; however, while out of your body, experiences are more vivid where, in your body, it is harder to recall them vividly, though, you can recall them. It is hard to explain, but while out of my body, things are clearer than when I am in my body where it seems easier to access and sort through large amounts of information. Memories, experiences, and information are stored there and in the brain where, out of your body, it seems easier to access and process memories, experiences, and information that your brain has problems accessing.
Noein - A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.

November 27, 2013, 09:44:33 PM
Reply #3

EllyEve

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I have read from a book that projection (astral) is possible while you are awake. Meaning while doing your daily stuff you unconsciously project yourself. I just want to know if someone can do it consciously or simply being aware?

That depends on what the book defines as astral projection.

For out of body experiences, that is, into the etheric plane, the low astral, the Real Time Zone, whatever you name it...I can't manage that while moving around doing daily stuff. This doesn't mean that nobody else can, either, but I couldn't imagine how.

However, after I opened myself up to the possibility that the mental plane isn't just mental, then I was able to juggle both waking life stuff and "spirit journey" stuff at the same time. Stuff on the mental plane, the middle world, whatever you name it...Often it won't wait for me to set aside 30 minutes to meditate before bed or a weekend afternoon. It's going to slam into my brain while I'm in the middle of a sentence, and demand my attention, and I just had to find a way to function--like, intelligently complete the sentence--while that's happening. And sometimes if daily stuff can be done on autopilot, I'll slip in.

November 28, 2013, 12:58:55 PM
Reply #4

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
However, after I opened myself up to the possibility that the mental plane isn't just mental, then I was able to juggle both waking life stuff and "spirit journey" stuff at the same time. Stuff on the mental plane, the middle world, whatever you name it...Often it won't wait for me to set aside 30 minutes to meditate before bed or a weekend afternoon. It's going to slam into my brain while I'm in the middle of a sentence, and demand my attention, and I just had to find a way to function--like, intelligently complete the sentence--while that's happening. And sometimes if daily stuff can be done on autopilot, I'll slip in.

That's exactly how it is for me. Sometimes realizations or information come randomly and I can do nothing but pay attention, even when I am busy. I usually carry a pen/cil and pad to record the important bits when I have time.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

November 28, 2013, 05:33:37 PM
Reply #5

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • Noein

That's exactly how it is for me. Sometimes realizations or information come randomly and I can do nothing but pay attention, even when I am busy. I usually carry a pen/cil and pad to record the important bits when I have time.

While the examples in both these quotes could be psychic in nature, you, technically, did not leave your body, so I would not say it has anything to do with leaving your body while awake. EllyEve, what you described in the later part of your post is similar to a person driving home down a road they've driven down countless times before wondering about what they will have for dinner where their consciousness explores that while they are on autopilot while driving where when something happens that demands their attention, maybe the need to suddenly stop or swerve, their full consciousness returns to driving. I am not sure how that relates to Out of Body experiences.

For out of body experiences, that is, into the etheric plane, the low astral, the Real Time Zone, whatever you name it...I can't manage that while moving around doing daily stuff. This doesn't mean that nobody else can, either, but I couldn't imagine how.

I think that is because you are viewing it as an extension of consciousness where you are viewing it as hard to maintain an extended sense of consciousness while dividing attention among day to day activities. The consciousness of your brain stays with your brain whereas your soul leaves versus your consciousness merely extending itself. An aspect of you completely detaches where body and soul can function independently for a little while where your body is going about its day and your soul is doing whatever is doing. When the two come back together, the experiences are integrated. Versus an extended sense of consciousness, it is more like two parts of you being in different places at the same time with its own memories and experiences that integrate with each other later.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:44:34 PM by Rayn »
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.

November 29, 2013, 12:06:46 AM
Reply #6

Bugs

• Settling In

• View Profile
I'm sorry I cannot locate the phrase in the book all about this projection while awake. To clarify things it didn't specifically mention the word 'astral' or 'mental'. For example (as stated in the book), you 'saw' your friend walk outside the house but simultaneously this friend of yours is drinking coffee at the kitchen. The one you saw walk outside is the projection whilst the drinking friend was unaware of it.

@Mind_Bender thank you for your advice, it only happens to me 1-3 times a year. It's very random and considering how many times it occurred I can't really pinpoint the cause but the time 4pm-5pm is consistent. The three classics of balanced diet I always stick with it  :)

@Rayn yes I understand your point, I have also read Robert Bruce book in astral projection though unfinished. BTW, how do you project while awake?

@EllyEve you did like mental projection. That's great.

November 29, 2013, 07:01:02 AM
Reply #7

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • Noein
@Rayn yes I understand your point, I have also read Robert Bruce book in astral projection though unfinished. BTW, how do you project while awake?

Robert Bruce is not that credible. Strong clairvoyant experiences used to dislodge me from my body where I realized this happened when I reintegrated. I use clairvoyance as leverage to assist with projecting out of, or past, my body.

November 29, 2013, 07:42:14 PM
Reply #8

EllyEve

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I'm sorry I cannot locate the phrase in the book all about this projection while awake. To clarify things it didn't specifically mention the word 'astral' or 'mental'. For example (as stated in the book), you 'saw' your friend walk outside the house but simultaneously this friend of yours is drinking coffee at the kitchen. The one you saw walk outside is the projection whilst the drinking friend was unaware of it.

While I wouldn't go into "how many angels can fit on the head of a pin" territory, yes, that happens, with slightly different mechanics (I believe this is so) than any sort of astral projection.

In fairy lore, that's called a Fetch, and it's said to herald death because, even though the source ego is still alive and well, part of them is preparing to leave.

In less gloomy tradition, Icelandic paganism traditionally had the "death-fetch" not as a double of a human but as either an animal or a woman, but there remain many other parts of the spirit that can technically be projected without being a herald of death: the hugr or the hamr, for example. The superstition went that if you were really excited about something, then your hamr would rush to get there before you do, or if you were infatuated with somebody then your hamr would "haunt" them--even if you didn't consciously mean to do either.

Kemetic tradition has all sorts of other parts: the ba, the ka, and maybe the run-ka. The ba is represented as having a bird body with the head of a human--and the face on that head resembles the source ego. I've read portrayals of the ba as something identified-with by the source ego, like an astral body, and others where the ba sustains a conversation with the source ego.

Some modern shamanistic traditions also recognize soul-splinters. Perhaps an individual had to force themselves to act mature before they had fulfilled the process of childhood. Then something that modern psychologists might term "the inner child" would be made a spiritual reality as in splintered off or banished from the source ego. That splinter can wander about looking suspiciously like the source ego, but it wasn't projected.

Aaand of course there are astral entities that for whatever reason will appear to witnesses as a person that the witness knows.

December 04, 2013, 06:40:44 PM
Reply #9

Bugs

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hello I'm back!

Thanks guys for your replies.  :)