Author Topic: Mantra reciting  (Read 1478 times)

September 13, 2013, 12:41:39 PM
Read 1478 times

Feint

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Last night I was repeating the Om Namah Shivaya mantra. I said it for about an hour and 15 minutes and recited it between 3,000-4000 times. I was whispering and saying it within my mind. During a certain part I was closing my eyes and started to see some white light in my mind as well as some colors. My room was pitch black because I closed all my windows and doors. Next my body became all jittery. I couldn't help but laugh because I was so ticklish. I fell asleep for a moment but within the dream, I was still reciting the mantra but the first time I said it in the dream, my eyes closed shut and my body froze. I was able to wake myself up at that point. I was still reciting it while I was getting up from the sleep. I am wondering about this experience because it had never happened before and it was the first time I started to repeat the mantra. I know I was firmly grounded. Any explanation or experienced the same?

September 13, 2013, 12:55:03 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I've had some work with that mantra so I'll give my two cents.

Because it affects the elemental foundation of your chakras it is a very powerful mantra. When I first started chanting it I could barely get through 108 repetitions becuse of the intensity of the mantras vibration on my body; I would shake, sweat, want to curse and would grind my teeth while chanting.

It is a mantra many Hindu's utilize to open the Kundalini channels and give rise to Siddhis, it may just be a sudden opening of your Kundalini.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

September 13, 2013, 01:25:50 PM
Reply #2

Feint

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I also was surprised too that I fell asleep so very late and now when I woke up I felt like I had the best sleep in years. Also when I walk I could feel sensations in my heart and Ajna chakras. Pretty strong vibrations. Thank you very much Mind Bender! I wasn't even expecting a reply today.

September 13, 2013, 01:27:25 PM
Reply #3

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
You're welcome. I am always happy to help and share experiences.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

September 20, 2013, 08:51:54 PM
Reply #4

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Sounds like you had an authentic, fulfilling experience.

There is a lot more information on this mantra and it's use in my article, Advanced Daoyin Qigong and Kundalini Yoga, scroll down to the section titled "Mantra Yoga Theory".

Hope this helps.

Namaste.

Kouji
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.