Author Topic: Updating the Default Forum Skin  (Read 2828 times)

July 19, 2013, 01:58:43 PM
Read 2828 times

Theopholis

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Achievement Unlocked: Stare at Candles
    • View Profile
As it stands, the default skin for these forums is just okay. If there is an option to change skins, I can't find it under my user preferences.

I would be willing to rework and improve everything about it on my spare time, just so that I can look at something nicer for hours a day.
I don't have any experience with skinning Simple Machines Forums, but there's lots of resources online, and, I mean, how hard can it be?
Basically, I would just need a copy of the default skin, which can be made by installing a new copy skin through the admin panels.

An updated look might help breathe some more life into the forums too! (It won't. But it'll be nicer to look at with the same amount of breath)

Any suggestions for look and layout changes from the community would be welcome.
And if that doesn't work, try focal meditation.

July 19, 2013, 03:51:20 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I like the look (easy on the eyes) but adding some dynamic color patterns around the frames with some sigils or psionic symbols might be intriguing, but I am quite okay with the current look.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."