Author Topic: Rate the Study Group Survey  (Read 2022 times)

July 13, 2013, 12:37:05 AM
Read 2022 times

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
In addition to kobok's anonymous aggregated feedback survey he sent out in pm's to some of you, I would like all of you to fill out this survey. Post your responses in this thread.

This is a small survey to rate the quality, leadership, and effectiveness of the Qigong Study Group.

I would appreciate it if everyone who was in the group would pitch in and let me know how I did.
Questions are on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being poor and 5 being excellent. Just copy and paste, and rate each on the scale of 1 to 5. Comments are welcome.

How would you rate the content of the study group for things like terminology, clarity and authenticity?
    How would you rate the exercises and their progression in the course?
    How would you rate the effectiveness of the exercises in teaching you to develop Qi?
    How would you rate the group leader's effectiveness in explaining things and answering questions?
    How would you rate the group leader's overall participation in the group?
    How would you rate the group overall, all things considered?

Thank you for your time.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

July 14, 2013, 07:43:17 PM
Reply #1

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
    How would you rate the content of the study group for things like terminology, clarity and authenticity?

The only thing I might pick at is your insistence that "jin and jing are similar enough, so talking about the difference will only confuse people." We have talked about this, and you have agreed that they are different, but insist this anyway passive dismissal of traditional terminology anyway. It is inconsistent teaching, and it lacks clarity in relation to traditional teachings, which does differentiate between the two things very clearly. They are related, but not the same.

While it is true that the topic can confuse some people, especially those not interested in martial arts, I think it is important--both because of scholarly accuracy, and because I believe that one of the duties of any teacher is to dispel such confusion from a student, regardless of the topic being taught. I think it would only take one good paragraph in the Jing lecture to deal with this very appropriately.

Although it is difficult to zoom through this kind of training in such a small amount of time, the progression does build up nicely.

How would you rate the effectiveness of the exercises in teaching you to develop Qi?

Baduanjin and Dantian Meditation have especially been good learning experiences.

How would you rate the group leader's effectiveness in explaining things and answering questions?

Although I have not asked too many questions, I have paid attention.

Working with you, especially in relation to my Yin/Yang imbalance, has been invaluable.

This has been a very good experience for me. With the busy schedule I've had it has been difficult at times to keep up with everything, but I am happy I decided to give it a go.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

July 16, 2013, 01:23:11 PM
Reply #2

jimdare

• Settling In

• View Profile

4 - I still can't prove that my perception of qi is not a fabrication of my own mind.  My current goal is to experience something that I can't explain via any method other than qi (or any other metaphysical activity).

5 - I find internal martial art training is often lacking explaination of the fundamental philosophy.  I really enjoyed all of the additional material, which helped me grasp a concept that is so foreign to my culture.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:06:49 PM by jimdare »

July 16, 2013, 03:11:36 PM
Reply #3

SMFforumID

• Settling In

• View Profile
Overall I would give a 4 for all the above questions, and I have enjoyed this study group along with getting the feedback. I also want to thank all who have participated.

July 17, 2013, 03:09:30 PM
Reply #4

icefire

• Settling In

• View Profile

4, almost everything was clear and what wasn't was clarified after questions.

4, was interesting and I could see the logic why it was done this way. The last week maybe needed a "teaser" for something more difficult?

5, takes effort but works.

5, no questions were missed that I recall

4, could have been more but I have no complaints

5. Learned new things and got interested in old things I've missed what's not to like?  :cool: