Author Topic: Exercise 10: Deep Tissue Massage experiences  (Read 2588 times)

July 04, 2013, 10:30:44 PM
Read 2588 times

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Post your experiences with the Deep Tissue Massage exercise here.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

July 06, 2013, 01:37:02 PM
Reply #1

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
My experience:

I had already practiced Hands-On-Healing on my girlfriend so I continued with deep tissue massage. I placed my fingertips on her sides and began to massage. She immediately reported that my fingertips felt very hot (which I felt as well but they didn't feel nearly as hot to me). I massaged with the fingertips while deep breathing and focusing on leading Qi out of my arms and into the injury. I continued this for a few minutes before switching to slapping with the back of the hand and projecting Qi deep into the injury. I did this with each hand for about 2 minutes. Then, I switched back to massaging with the whole hand and fingers this time. She reported that my palms felt very warm and she could feel this warmth move inside her. I continued for another few minutes and then stopped. She reported no more pain, a strong sensation of warmth spreading throughout the body, tingling in the side, and occasional chills in the spinal area. Again, she said that the warmth felt like an oscillating wave entering the body.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

July 08, 2013, 06:12:31 PM
Reply #2

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
After around 15-20 minutes of void meditation, I tried this on myself. (Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to be my test subject soon. >.>) I massaged the left side of my stomach, just below the rib cage. I was feeling a lot of tension in that area, probably due to overexertion combined with eating too much. I didn't notice much energy movement during this massage, but I tried to keep my intent clear. I took the "imagine the qi is a gold light" approach here. After I finished up, there was no noticeable pain in that area, and I felt the same type of warmth I felt in the other exercise.

(Come on everyone! We only have to post these last two experiences to "graduate!"  :) Stay motivated.)
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

July 09, 2013, 09:01:02 AM
Reply #3

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
I somehow ended up sleeping weird last night, and woke up with a light sprain in my wrist. Mainly around the base of my thumb.

So, I practiced this on myself. I didn't have any Icy Hot or anything like that, so I just massaged it without that, and did everything with the heat generated from the massaging and Qi. Following all of the instructions except the Icy Hot part, after a couple of minutes of doing this my wrist doesn't hurt at all.

Which interests me, because I have always been prone to wrist and ankle sprains, and it usually takes at least a few days for them to heal.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

July 09, 2013, 01:17:24 PM
Reply #4

jimdare

• Settling In

• View Profile
I tried this on my blister after the previous exercise.  I was in a meditative state and could feel my laogong points throbbing before I began.  I tapped my wound a number of times but struggled to feel any penetration, probably due to the proximity to bone as opposed to muscle.  I will monitor this over the next few days and keep you informed.   

July 09, 2013, 03:10:18 PM
Reply #5

icefire

• Settling In

• View Profile
I struggle abit with this excercise. I tend to be too rough here and use more muscle then is good. Anyway I have a bruise that is hard to heal so I decided to work on it tonight. 15 minutes wuwei then started massaging. First it was a bit painful but then muscles started relaxing and I started tapping it with the back of the hand trying to get the blockage moving. Having massaged it it's easier to find where the blockage is so I could concentrate the golden white light on the area. Atleast it feels better now with a slight tingle, I'll let the group know if I see any physical sign of healing.

July 10, 2013, 11:14:17 AM
Reply #6

SMFforumID

• Settling In

• View Profile
I tried this on my left arm. The sensations that I felt were similar to what I experienced during the first set of 3 exercises and the baduanjin exercies all around my arms and hands, but it felt like it was "pulsing" during the "hitting" and for a while after.

July 11, 2013, 03:18:11 PM
Reply #7

Aprophis

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I tried that on my knees since they sometimes hurt after doing quigong. Like with the hands on healing when massaging I felt a heat spreading throughout the knee I worked on. When I hit the knee with the back of my hand I felt a very faint electric shock like feeling that pushed blockages away. Afterwards most of the pain was gone and now I feel a slight tingling and warmth.

July 11, 2013, 03:54:40 PM
Reply #8

Kyuuketsuki

• Settling In

• View Profile
Material and techniques are great as always, I have not however found a partner or occasion to try this weeks exercises though.

I have been keeping up with the weeks, just forgot to post experiences and busy alot of the time too gah, its a busy time for me. But dont worry, im still here.