Author Topic: Exercise 9: Hands-On-Healing experiences  (Read 2320 times)

July 04, 2013, 10:29:44 PM
Read 2320 times

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Post your experiences with Qi healing here.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

July 06, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
Reply #1

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
My experience:

I practiced this on my girlfriend. I had white sage lit and I had already done 15 minutes of Wuwei meditation beforehand.

She said she had pain on her left side in the stomach. I began by rubbing my hands together. I placed them on her side and began to deep breath and channel healing Qi into her side. This continued for about 10 minutes. I noticed strong heat and tingling moving through my arm, and the more I focused, the more I could feel the Qi leaving the body and going into her body- that is, I felt a connection with the Qi in her body as well. I focused on the emotion of love and visualized a golden-white light going into her body, and overriding the pain.

After 10 minutes I stopped. She said it felt like an oscillating waveform which she indicated to me with her hands by making a swaying motion. She said she felt energized and invigorated.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

July 08, 2013, 12:17:54 PM
Reply #2

icefire

• Settling In

• View Profile
I first did this for my friend's foot. Tried to get as much into the wuwei mindset as you can in a casual setting. She said she felt something strange and it helped her whole leg relax.

Today I tried it on myself on my stomach pain. I got into wuwei meditation for 10-15 minutes first until I got lights flashing on my closed eyelids. I then I kept going to the pain and overwriting it, I think it helped move something and the abdominal muscles relaxed.

July 08, 2013, 06:08:43 PM
Reply #3

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
I tried this for 5-10 minutes on a cut in my right foot. I performed Baduanjin and the Microcosmic Orbit (along with a little void meditation) beforehand to get in the correct mindset. I can't say I noticed very much, but I felt a lot of heat around the wound. And I could certainly feel the energy flowing from my Dantian. I will update if I notice any faster-than-usual healing.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

July 09, 2013, 08:57:42 AM
Reply #4

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
I tried this on a puppy that my parents got over the weekend. When they picked him up, he had been playing roughly with his siblings, so he was limping from a hurt leg. Not a bad hurt, just a sprain or something similar. It was enough to sap his strength though, and he just wanted to lay around and let it heal.

So when I was alone with him for a moment, I cleared my mind, held his leg and practiced this technique on him. By the next morning he was up and moving around a lot more, not even limping most of the time. I did notice him limping a few times though, so I did the practice on his leg one more time. The next day, he wasn't limping anymore, and has been up and running around like a puppy ever since.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

July 09, 2013, 01:13:28 PM
Reply #5

jimdare

• Settling In

• View Profile
I practised this on my left leg and noticed a tingling/throbbing sensation, similar to how I perceive qi in most of our exercises.  I could also feel my laogong points throbbing.  The next day I tried this on a blister I received while snowboarding; I will keep you informed of any healing progress!   

July 10, 2013, 11:22:24 AM
Reply #6

SMFforumID

• Settling In

• View Profile
I tried this on my finger on my right hand. Mostly I felt warmth and tingling. The pain did go away, but it didn't hurt that much to begin with. I did feel differences between my "sending" hand and my receiving finger. The "sending" hand felt warmer then the "receiving" hand.

July 11, 2013, 03:10:57 PM
Reply #7

Aprophis

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
In my hands I felt tingling and in the skin where I put my hand I felt a heat and vibration slowly spreading throughout the whole area. Since I'm also doing reiki I can say that the heat is the main difference for me. When I do reiki I only feel vibrations and maybe tingling.

July 16, 2013, 04:49:23 AM
Reply #8

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Same experiences as in case of Exercise 6: feeling of movement, heat and electricity.

When I do reiki I only feel vibrations and maybe tingling.

Are you sure that is Reiki then?

July 16, 2013, 08:19:38 AM
Reply #9

Aprophis

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
When I do reiki I only feel vibrations and maybe tingling.

Are you sure that is Reiki then?

Pretty much, since that was the first thing I was initiated into and worked with concerning energy healing. Qi feels different to that energy. Since my initiation into Reiki I had other initiations into healing systems and the energies do feel different, even though it's very subtle, although that's a pretty subjective experience, so it's probably a matter of interpretation.