Author Topic: Exercise 8: Microcosmic Orbit experiences  (Read 4919 times)

June 28, 2013, 02:53:25 PM
Read 4919 times

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Post your experiences with the Microcosmic Orbit here.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 29, 2013, 05:01:43 PM
Reply #1

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
I noticed a tremendous amount of heat. Seriously, I am actually sweating a fair amount just from sitting down for a few minutes and performing this exercise. I didn't really notice much qi movement, but I noticed a definite feeling of energy at both the bahui and the perineum, when I focused on them.

After the meditation, I swallowed the excess saliva and tried to guide the energy down to my dantian as instructed. After, I felt very focused, hot, and calm. :P
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

June 29, 2013, 05:08:25 PM
Reply #2

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Good experience, keep it up.
My Articles

June 29, 2013, 10:08:08 PM
Reply #3

icefire

• Settling In

• View Profile
Initial experience:

Sensations in this excercise are the strongest I've had in this course, especially going up. Going down on the frontside is considerably harder, but I'm learning. :P
There is alot of saliva produced and heat. So far I've done 3 sets of maybe 3-4 minutes each and I think this is the max for a day. I woke up 4 hours early today
and I think it's because of practicing the orbit.

June 30, 2013, 01:40:59 PM
Reply #4

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
Some cool experiences to add for today:

Like icefire, I find the downward part of the circulation to be hard/am not noticing much from it. But WOW,  on the upward part of the circulation, I was feeling tingles along my spine. Once the qi reached the top of my head, and I rolled my eyes back, my head was positively buzzing; it almost felt like my head was vibrating. Upon swallowing the saliva, and moving the qi into my aura, I felt  incredibly serene. Once I opened my eyes all the way, I felt a bit "more awake" and energized. It was freaking awesome.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

July 01, 2013, 01:25:31 PM
Reply #5

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
My experience:

I started off with 10 minutes of Wuwei meditation. I burned some white sage and smudged to purify my energy, and because I like the smell during meditation. I noticed all the feelings of meditation such as Qi all over the body, the fine hairs on the arms and legs standing on end, a buzzing feeling in the head, neural discharges, and a great sense of calm. After I was ready, I began. I made sure my back was straight and upright and that I wasn't slouching. I tucked my chin in slightly to lower the head and keep the back straight. I touched the tongue to the upper palate and began mula bandha. I inhaled, a deep inhale into the belly, while focusing on Baihui and rolling the eyes back in the head. I felt a large amount of Qi rise up the Governor vessel to Baihui, cross it, and begin to descend down the face. This caused the crown of my head to tingle wildly, and feel very warm (active Kundalini). I exhaled deeply and focused on Huiyin, while rolling the eyes downward. I felt a great amount of Qi fall down the front of the body, like a bright shower of gold. It passed the Dantian and as it did I distinctly felt the Dantian strongly, it felt very warm and mellow. More importantly, Huiyin felt quite warm, and as the Qi arrived there it made the testicles tingle greatly.

I repeated this process 9 times. As I continued, I noticed great warmth in both meridians. Also, the tingles turned into what felt like electricity in the crown of my head. I could feel a large well of energy going from the base of the spine to the top of the head and flowing out. Additionally, as I continued the circulation, the face felt very warm and tingled greatly, especially the eyelids. Upon reaching 9 repetitions. I swallowed the Jade Nectar, and visualized a golden-white light going down to the Dantian as I inhaled. I visualized and focused my Yi on expanding this energy out around me as I exhaled. This caused some twitches in my forearms, and I could really feel the Qi out surrounding me. Also, I noticed the Qi in the back seemed to flow outward like a cone starting from the base of the spine and covering the head. The energy felt hot and was expanding outward as it went up. The Qi flowing down the front of the body felt cool, and condensed inward on the way down to the Huiyin point.

I continued and did 27 repetitions total. By the end of it, I felt VERY energized, alert, and serene, as well as powerful. I could feel Qi all around me in my aura, and of course I felt it very strongly in the spine, back and head. I went upstairs and got a glass of water in the bathroom, as I did I looked in the mirror, and I could immediately see my aura. It looked like a faint flash of blue, and a misty haze around my body. I closed my eyes for a second and reopened them, and then looked at the aura (By looking about 6 inches behind myself and using my peripheral vision to see it). My aura extended out about 4 feet in all directions and seemed to appear greenish-blue to me, when I did notice color, otherwise it was a haze like when you look at a grill in the summer.

My Articles

July 02, 2013, 01:15:12 PM
Reply #6

jimdare

• Settling In

• View Profile
I am struggling with this exercise.  I don't seem to feel nearly as much energy movement as I did with previous exercises.  The back of my head appears to tingle as I roll my eyes backwards, but I can't feel anything moving up my back or down my front.  I will keep trying.

July 02, 2013, 01:53:39 PM
Reply #7

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
jim, if you have difficulty you may need to actually trace the movement of the Qi through the meridians with the mind. That is, use your Yi to pull the Qi out of the Dantian and make it move up the back, and down the front of the body. I know I say not to do this but if you can't feel it move naturally there may be no other choice in getting the flow started. It can be difficult for someone who's never directly moved Qi before to do this exercise properly. It may help to think of it the same way as the "Bringing Qi to the Hands" exercise, Dantian meditation and Zen meditation.
My Articles

July 03, 2013, 11:36:56 AM
Reply #8

SMFforumID

• Settling In

• View Profile
The "pressure" on the front and back of my head that I felt/feel during the wuwei meditation (see my post there) gave way to a definite flowing of warmth across my head down my front and up my back. This flowing occurred when I started the microcosmic orbit meditation as I focused near the Baihui point. While I continued the meditation a few times I started to feel "sexual arousal" in my genitals and I stopped when this happened. Other times I have only felt the "pressure" but not the flowing. Interestingly once the flowing starts the "pressure" is "almost" gone. I still don't feel too much in my lower dantian, but this "pressure' does get quite strong, but not quite to the pain threshold.

Also, I don't feel the Baihui or the Huiyin point but I can focus near it. And the "flowing" that occurs seems to feel different on different sections of the orbit. It does not feel the same throughout. I'm wondering if anyone else has felt these differences or the "pressure" or if its just me.

July 03, 2013, 01:44:13 PM
Reply #9

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
I know what you mean about "flowing" and "pressure".

The "flowing" feels like a constant stream of warmth in the meridians, moving up and down them. The "pressure" feels literally like internal pressure from the inside, as if someone or something were squeezing the meridians, or more commonly, pushing with their hands on the outside of your head.

I feel both of these at the same time when I do this exercise and even when I do simple meditation.

Both of these are good signs that you are making progress, keep it up.
My Articles

July 03, 2013, 07:35:24 PM
Reply #10

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
I've had, to throw in a pun, some ups and downs with this exercise.  :P

Sometimes, I just close my eyes and things move very strongly, with all that "flow" and "pressure" mentioned above, and even the heat and other things. Other times I don't feel anything at all, and have to firmly concentrate to work through the circulation.

It definitely helps to practice meditation for a while before doing this--as long as it takes to calm the mind. Doing the meridian sensitivity practice helps too. I think this will get easier with practice, but I think it shouldn't be underestimated how important it is for the mind to be under control when doing this.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

July 03, 2013, 08:46:41 PM
Reply #11

icefire

• Settling In

• View Profile
I had to take a couple of days off of the complete MCO to get the feeling of energy flowing downwards. Didn't feel balanced even if it was powerful moving up. Now that that's fixed back to experiences.

Late week experiences:
It feels like the energy is now going both up and down when I focus on Baihui or Huiyin. It's like I'm pulling on a rope that's around me, doesn't matter where in the rope I pull because it's going to move everywhere.
Last night I got strong vibration in the Huiyin area while sitting crosslegged doing the MCO. It was almost like starting to float above ground.

July 04, 2013, 02:52:18 AM
Reply #12

jimdare

• Settling In

• View Profile
I followed your advice Joe, and I can now feel intense shivers, similar to cold shivers, travelling up my spine.  Unfortunately I can't feel much travelling back down my front.  I seem to feel very awake afterwards, to such an extent that I almost enjoy being at work!

July 04, 2013, 01:39:26 PM
Reply #13

Aprophis

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I can clearly feel the energy rising and falling. When I concentrate on my baihui I see a bright light and it feels like electric tingling on the top of my head, don't feel so much on my huiyin.
Since I'm doing this, I feel really charged and energetic every day, even when I'm tired, and my whole body feels like it vibrates.

July 16, 2013, 04:44:14 AM
Reply #14

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Keeping the root lock gives me some problems as my abs also tend to stress and breathing is a bit harder that way.
Not much feeling from this exercise, except my palms becoming hot, after the exercise I tend to feel more centered and grounded (being more here and now), especially useful upon waking up.