Author Topic: Mystery schools  (Read 55174 times)

March 17, 2014, 09:28:46 AM
Reply #60

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I have just noticed that TDS site was suspended... What the hell? Does anyone have any news about this?

March 17, 2014, 11:00:48 AM
Reply #61

Feint

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Seems like they forgot to auto renew. Looks expired.

March 17, 2014, 04:19:02 PM
Reply #62

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
The site's back up; looked like the webmaster got to it.

March 18, 2014, 06:44:07 AM
Reply #63

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Good, but I would still expect some sort of an excuse on their site for that.

April 30, 2014, 07:40:38 AM
Reply #64

Perimede

• Settling In

• View Profile
I can't seem to open The Divine School's website this morning.   I check almost every morning, waiting for the new classes to be announced.  Today, I get a message 'Internal Error'.  Also, I wrote to the email that's given over a month ago for information, but never received a reply.  I understand that, I get busy too, but in combination with the broken website, it just feels a little odd.

April 30, 2014, 08:10:22 AM
Reply #65

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Hey Perimede, the site looks fine for me now :).

April 30, 2014, 04:49:13 PM
Reply #66

Meroe

• View Profile
I can't seem to open The Divine School's website this morning.   I check almost every morning, waiting for the new classes to be announced.  Today, I get a message 'Internal Error'.  Also, I wrote to the email that's given over a month ago for information, but never received a reply.  I understand that, I get busy too, but in combination with the broken website, it just feels a little odd.

unfortunately, its going to be a number of months before the next class good sir. this is the year of silence, in which no new students are admitted for just about the span of a year.

May 01, 2014, 07:54:12 AM
Reply #67

Perimede

• Settling In

• View Profile
It must be a browser issue for me then, because I still can't get in.

As far as the year of silence, the school offered enrollment for classes in February.  Do they not work on a calendar year?

May 16, 2014, 01:00:58 PM
Reply #68

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Haha, things definitely work on a calendar year, but they may simply not stick to it strictly (although Year of Silence does sound pretty epic and official). The intention of the year of silence is really to just focus on teaching people without the burden of hundreds of new students pouring in too regularly. The school grew way, WAY faster than anybody expected.

As far as the internet issues go, the site is a new one, designed mostly independently by a few of the assistant teachers. Tweaks are being made pretty regularly. And at the end of the day, the number of people actually managing TDS stuff is very small. It's a magical organization based on spiritual development - they cannot simply hire help.

As far as emails sent go, like I said the coordinating people are not only few, not only busy, but the school is much bigger than people anticipated it to be. If they are basic questions that you don't think need to be directly answered by the teachers, feel free to PM me - I've been a student for 3 years and if nothing else can ask around internally if I can't answer something from my own knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:04:52 PM by Iatros »
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

May 29, 2014, 10:47:14 PM
Reply #69

Shankara

• Settling In

• View Profile
The Divine Science is working on a brand new site that will be released hopefully in the next few months, but by the latest at the end of the year.  It will be a lot easier to use and the aim is for the topics/chats/lectures etc. to grow 'organically.'  It's actually brand new technology that the creator (also an assistant teacher in the school) is programming himself, so it should be pretty exciting when it's released.

November 06, 2014, 06:52:14 PM
Reply #70

Redd

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I read over Prophecy's little cult website and it looks like garbage.  The information that is, not the web design.  It's well worded and put together, it's just that the information is not true.  Just like the other mystery schools, it appears to be a subtle form of luciferianism or devil worship.  This is the type of cult that is going to claim enlightenment and illumination only to be walking around in spiritual darkness.  If you want spiritual truth then read the bible and get saved.  I'll make it easy for you who are learning disabled, here is a clip that can teach you how to achieve enlightenment in 7.5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

November 06, 2014, 08:43:39 PM
Reply #71

Sophocles

• Settling In

• View Profile
I read over Prophecy's little cult website and it looks like garbage.  The information that is, not the web design.  It's well worded and put together, it's just that the information is not true.  Just like the other mystery schools, it appears to be a subtle form of luciferianism or devil worship.  This is the type of cult that is going to claim enlightenment and illumination only to be walking around in spiritual darkness.  If you want spiritual truth then read the bible and get saved.  I'll make it easy for you who are learning disabled, here is a clip that can teach you how to achieve enlightenment in 7.5 minutes.

Cool story bro.

November 07, 2014, 09:03:33 AM
Reply #72

attempting

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile

November 22, 2014, 08:26:55 AM
Reply #73

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science
I'm going to be initiated into the Ordo Templi Orientis within the coming month. The Divine Science looks interesting but I live in Sweden & feel I'd like to be able to meet in person other people who study & practice the Great Work.

You made a great decision and I'm glad you are aware of the importance of being able to make friends on the path and interact with them often.

Someone once asked the Buddha if having friends on the path was necessary for success. The Buddha said not only is it necessary, is it essential. That's why Buddhists are assigned Tao brothers to speak with on a regular basis to discuss the mysteries. Even Pythagoras would make his students get together and go for a walk to discuss after he gave his lectures.

I'm really happy for you  :)
thedivinescience.org

December 16, 2014, 10:41:38 AM
Reply #74

Tradition

• View Profile
This is a great idea. If there is anyone who would like a study partner, I would be willing to pick a weekly reading with them and have a weekly discussion about it. I'm very busy with other works at the moment so the reading would have to be under 100 pages. A small book like the Kybalion or other small works, like those of Sivananda would be perfect. Or we could try to make our way through IIH, discussing 1 step per week.

Any bodies interested?