Author Topic: Exercise 7: Baduanjin Qigong experiences  (Read 4661 times)

June 27, 2013, 02:15:11 PM
Reply #15

Aprophis

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Archer:
Tingling and whispy feelings in my thighs

Splitting Heaven & Earth:
tingling and pulling feelings in my middle finger and my thighs. Also tingling in my lagong

Monk Gazes at the moon:
Tingling from middle finger down to lagong, pulling and itching in lagong

Lowering the Head and Hips :
Tingling  in lagong intensifies

Touching the Feet with two hands:
Pulsating feeling of energy flow in my middle fingers when bending down, tingling to lagong intensifies.

Clenching the Fists:
Whispy feelings of energy on my upper thighs front and back.

June 27, 2013, 06:43:55 PM
Reply #16

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook

3) Let breath lead movement. This may sound like a strange concept--not moving, but breathing and following movement. It can seem like a paradox, but it is important. Relax the mind, breath, and let the movement follow the breath. After you memorize the movements and you don't forget what to do, this isn't that hard, so give it a try and practice.

I found this advice really helpful.  I can now feel my breath 'pulling' parts of my body like magnets.  It's quite a cool, yet strange sensation.   

This is good, I believe. Now, pay attention, and you may directly feel and understand the meaning of "Yi leads Qi."  :)

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

June 28, 2013, 03:48:31 AM
Reply #17

Nan

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have to admit that I didn't do all of the exercises and the reason for that is that I had a severe case of hay fever although I must note that since starting I often get tingling feeling whenever I breath deeply. They usually happen on my palms and the top of my head and I have felt a lot better physically. I have also required slightly less food and I have noticed that sometimes I quite simply know where a living being is when I should not be able to gain this knowledge provided I am aware that it exists in a rough proximity of about three-four meters in any direction. I have started incorporating short periods of meditation, usually less than a minute at a time, into my ordinary life and am able to enjoy it(my life) more.

June 28, 2013, 06:53:46 AM
Reply #18

icefire

• Settling In

• View Profile
Good week of training. Finally found the trick of how I do both versions of shaolin archer. I didn't turn my waist enough when I didn't feel anything in archer sometimes, just moved arms too much. Now moving the waist also with the breath made it much better.