Poll

Mind_Bender for Magick Teacher

Yes
12 (85.7%)
No
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: June 20, 2013, 12:37:43 PM

Author Topic: Vote: Mind_Bender for Magick Teacher  (Read 2968 times)

June 13, 2013, 12:33:56 PM
Read 2968 times

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Mind_Bender has volunteered to be a Veritas Teacher in the areas of Magick and Psionics, but he also has extensive knowledge of Body Energy Arts. He has shown a great degree of enthusiasm and dedication to teaching, and eventually preparing a beginner level Magick class for Veritas. He has prepared this content under my guidance and continues to work on it in his spare time to improve it to the level of quality we need for a group. He has shown willingness to evaluate and reevaluate his ideas, and drop ideas that are bad or unnecessary. Additionally, he has agreed to work with another potential Magick teacher in leading a class. He has been very helpful and knowledgeable around Veritas in the last few months, and has shown dedication to the community. For this reason, the staff and myself have nominated him for a Teacher position, contingent upon his ability to provide material for a class and perhaps articles, in his spare time, within the next few months.

This vote will run for 7 days.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 15, 2013, 09:46:04 AM
Reply #1

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I dont know if this is appropriate or not but want to express my opinion about the proposition of two teachers in the Magic Forum, actually one male and one female and think it a brilliant one. I dont know if this has been done in the past here ar Veritas or not, but none the less think its a great move whether I am one of the two or not. This will offer balance to tradition which has been historically male dominated. I know there are a lot of women interested in Magic and Hermeticism, who are very serious about the work such as myself, but attracted to what has become the Metaphysics of today which is usually recommended to women. It has become a mish mash of romanticized information who's delivery and ideas conveniently change depending on the practitioner which is confusing and can become frustrating, even discouraging to the serious student no matter what gender.

On another note, and know this is drifting from the main thread a bit, but wish to thank Kobok and all else who had the thought to recommend me for a teacher position. Whether it comes to be or not, you have no idea how this has effected me in a positive sense. It has leant inspiration at a time when it is so, so needed since I was, actually still am experiencing a very dark time in life... can honestly say, the most challenging ever. I know these cycles experienced are unavoidable unless you have cleaned your slate, no longer obligated to reincarnate any longer in this plane of existence. So, its normal for all serious practitioners/ students to experience this, some easier than others and many have been lost to it never to return to the work in that life again...and it looks as if Im not lost to it this life partially thanks to this.

So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only the encouragement to go on, but also your confidence in my abilities.

Ok, I voted for you Mind_Bender!   :D

Peace!

June 15, 2013, 08:22:30 PM
Reply #2

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
The Principle of Gender at work! Each gender can be seen like it's own culture, and each culture has different ways in which to teach and learn from one another. I think it lends a good balance to what this forum is all about.

Because you were so kind to vote for me, I will vote for you. Thank you.

P.S. I have also been going through tough times recently, so it's funny you mention that. Having another experienced mind in a similar situation to bounce magical ideas off of could be a very good and interesting thing.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

June 15, 2013, 08:45:10 PM
Reply #3

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
taaraka, I voted for you because the irregular times I look in the Magick section at interesting threads, you are always giving good, down to earth advice.

No more, no less. Gender doesn't matter to me.

I hope things in both of your lives improve and these things don't get in the way of what you're going to do here.

Stay well.

Kouji
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 16, 2013, 03:18:39 PM
Reply #4

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
This will offer balance to tradition which has been historically male dominated. I know there are a lot of women interested in Magic and Hermeticism, who are very serious about the work such as myself, but attracted to what has become the Metaphysics of today which is usually recommended to women.

I endorsed your nomination in the staff discussions long before noticing you were female (I only saw that on your profile when I went to send you the message about it), so it didn't factor into the decision at all.  But, as a coincidental blessing I agree that it has some good virtues and I hope it does contribute to balance.  I think that both we need more females involved in staff (to help bring out the quiet lurking females from the member-base), and that the world could use more females taking a more serious approach to magic.

I have also been going through tough times recently, so it's funny you mention that.

Difficulties are the building blocks from which wisdom can be built.  So when life hands you free raw materials, start building.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

June 16, 2013, 05:40:06 PM
Reply #5

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Difficulties are the building blocks from which wisdom can be built.  So when life hands you free raw materials, start building.

Great advice and exactly what I've been doing. I understand that every challenge can lead to a transformation or otherwise beneficial breakthrough.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

June 17, 2013, 01:56:42 AM
Reply #6

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Sorry for not having been able to post the last two days. Life is interesting some times...whats that saying? "When it rains it pours..." Been training on a new job and moving, both at the same time, so its been spotty getting on the computer. I figure we are never handed more than we can handle, we just think we can't. I am also looking forward to when the dust settles and spending more time practicing / studying and on the forum here again too..

Thank you all for the encouragement through the interesting times life hands us on occasion..

Kobok and Koujiryuu, interesting to know gender did not play a part in this and also find it encouraging too!!! actually these posts made my day...or night now.  

Thanks

June 20, 2013, 08:40:29 PM
Reply #7

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Approved with 100% of the staff vote and 85.7% of the member vote, as well as the approval of a Council member.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

June 21, 2013, 01:04:17 AM
Reply #8

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Thank you everybody! I look forward to this journey to keep up with Veritas Teacher standards!