Author Topic: Intense, painful itching during 'energy work'  (Read 6277 times)

June 01, 2013, 11:53:27 AM
Read 6277 times

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
hey guys, frequent lurker here, a problem I've been having over the last few months has finally pushed me into registering, really hoping somewhere here can help me figure out what's going on. To the point, I've been experiencing, as the title suggests, a deep, intense and painful itching feeling during various exercises which involve energy flow or movement. The feeling is mostly concentrated in my legs, being at it's worst around my feet/shins and growing gradually weaker upwards, although I sometimes get patches of it further up the body, particularly on the top of my head.

I first noticed this sensation when I started practicing Qi Gong in January. I've since stopped practicing Qi Gong daily  (I eventually settled into a routine of IIH exercises and some basic GD style ritual work, and sadly couldn't fit Qi Gong in), but it still occurs during other exercises, being particularly intense during the Middle Pillar, and occurring or not seemingly at random during the LBRP, both of which I perform on a daily basis. I also get flashes of it during Bardon's Pore Breath, although nowhere near as intense as with the other exercises.

Just to emphasize, this isn't the usual light itch which might distract someone learning to meditate (there's been some confusion when I've asked for advice in other places), it's very strong, to the point of being painful (something like what I imagine having your legs emerged into a tank filled with giant mosquitos would feel like), and occurs exclusively during or directly after energy-centered spiritual practice, I've done everything I can to rule out other possibilities (whether it could be related to posture, or triggered by the location in which I do the exercises, etc), but there definitely appears to be a direct, causal relationship between these exercises and the painful itching symptoms.

Which brings me to, does anyone have any idea what's going on, and how on earth do I stop it happening? Putting aside the extent to which it interferes with my practice (frequently have to cut exercises short because it becomes too painful), the fact that it's been going on for nearly 5 months and, if anything, intensified, suggests to me that maybe it's a symptom of some deeper issue (some kind of energy blockage? I don't want to speculate too much, since I'm fairly inexperienced with that kind of thing) which I'd like to uncover and hopefully deal with.

Anyway, any help is seriously appreciated :)

June 01, 2013, 08:09:22 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
(some kind of energy blockage? I don't want to speculate too much, since I'm fairly inexperienced with that kind of thing) which I'd like to uncover and hopefully deal with.

If it's painful and itching it is definitely an energy block. My suggestion would be to breathe into the painful spot allowing oxygen to get into your itching and painful area. When you feel that area is relaxed enough, feel it leave out the bottoms of your feet into the ground. Sink the energy into the core of the Earth and feel your body relax. If this is too intense you should take a break for a few minutes and shake your body off. Take a few natural deep breaths, take a sip of water and take a bite of something. Resume practicing whenever you are mentally and physically relaxed and concentrated, even if it's not until the next day. If you decide to take the rest of the day off, maybe take a shower and move around a bit.

If you don't already, start a stretching routine before and/or after practice, this will allow your blood to flow more smoothly and any blockages will get more oxygen, allowing the itching and pain to dissipate. This will hep immensely when you are breathing into your area of pain.

Look into emotional states and their relation to body parts. Wherever there is pain there might be a repressed thought or denied emotion that needs to be released in real time. Intense energy work leads to a lot of different physical, mental and emotional sensations and states. The pain might not leave until the thought is released either through insight, talking about it with a friend or doing an action you were too afraid to do before (facing your fears).

You can see this as an act of karma in that these painful and itching sensations are from something in the past you need to fix or something in the future you need to work towards in the objective world, such as service to others, getting a new life path, healing from a sickness, etc.

You can also view this energetic sensation as a body-mind interface where your mind is recalling a memory but the memory is taking place in your area of pain. This might sound strange until you understand that the mind is not in the body but around and within the body. These sensations are your mind trying to tell you something very important. Your subconscious is speaking to you, but not in the way that you might have thought it would (auditory). Because it isn't speaking in words but through tactile sensations we forget that the stem of everything we feel, say and do is rooted within our minds not an outside source. This is where self-healing comes in.

I hope this helps and you find your answer.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

June 12, 2013, 12:58:35 PM
Reply #2

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
If it's painful and itching it is definitely an energy block. My suggestion would be to breathe into the painful spot allowing oxygen to get into your itching and painful area. When you feel that area is relaxed enough, feel it leave out the bottoms of your feet into the ground. Sink the energy into the core of the Earth and feel your body relax. If this is too intense you should take a break for a few minutes and shake your body off. Take a few natural deep breaths, take a sip of water and take a bite of something. Resume practicing whenever you are mentally and physically relaxed and concentrated, even if it's not until the next day. If you decide to take the rest of the day off, maybe take a shower and move around a bit.

I'll give this a shot :)

If you don't already, start a stretching routine before and/or after practice, this will allow your blood to flow more smoothly and any blockages will get more oxygen, allowing the itching and pain to dissipate. This will hep immensely when you are breathing into your area of pain.

I already do a daily routine of stretching, but I'll see if I can expand it further, especially to focus on my feet and legs.

Look into emotional states and their relation to body parts. Wherever there is pain there might be a repressed thought or denied emotion that needs to be released in real time. Intense energy work leads to a lot of different physical, mental and emotional sensations and states. The pain might not leave until the thought is released either through insight, talking about it with a friend or doing an action you were too afraid to do before (facing your fears).

You can see this as an act of karma in that these painful and itching sensations are from something in the past you need to fix or something in the future you need to work towards in the objective world, such as service to others, getting a new life path, healing from a sickness, etc.

You can also view this energetic sensation as a body-mind interface where your mind is recalling a memory but the memory is taking place in your area of pain. This might sound strange until you understand that the mind is not in the body but around and within the body. These sensations are your mind trying to tell you something very important. Your subconscious is speaking to you, but not in the way that you might have thought it would (auditory). Because it isn't speaking in words but through tactile sensations we forget that the stem of everything we feel, say and do is rooted within our minds not an outside source. This is where self-healing comes in.

Do you have any advice on how to narrow this down a little? If it's some kind of referred symptom (akin to the concept of  'referred pain' in western medicine) then it could be caused by literally anything :p I'll be the first to admit that there are a lot of things in my life that I want/need to fix, spiritually/physically/mentally, it's a work in progress, but if I could figure out more precisely what's causing these particular symptoms, hopefully I could shift my focus onto that area in particular and resolve the cause to remove this impediment.

Oh and thanks for the help mate :) much obliged.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:02:52 PM by Kemetin »

June 12, 2013, 03:50:26 PM
Reply #3

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I am always glad to help.

The best thing you can do to face your problems is actually deal with them in the phenomenal world, but if this is not possible for whatever reason, meditate on the problem you wish to fix. This is where the mind-body interaction will make it self known. You might get sensation in your ankles like you have been or it may come through as intense emotion or bodily sensations. Allow these to release themselves naturally, this means do not try and remain still when emotional and bodily reactions make themselves known- this will only cause stagnation and a worsening of symptoms. Let your body twitch, yell, cry, burp, fart, sneeze, shake, etc, as this is a physical sign that your are releasing old and unwanted habits and patterns.

Joint pain usually means connection or relationship issues, but body-mind/emotion interface is very personal. Deep insight into yourself with the specific problem in mind should give you something to work with- an answer, another important question or semi-psychotic laughing phase- if you can let these release in there own time and not get too caught up in lack of success or god-complex (insight and realizations into the nature of existence and power), then you will be understand yourself and nature better and can use this and other tools throughout your life path whenever you may need them.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

June 12, 2013, 04:01:36 PM
Reply #4

somnium

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I suggest merging your mind and your body together kind of like mindbender said. You can isolate your pain, or area of body with your mind. As it is in your attention begin to shape it in your mind. Imagine it getting less and less. Place this idea of it into the oncoming time. I use commands and imagination for any pain or unwanted symptoms. Merge your attention to your body.

Knowledge is power and so do not apply any negative idea to the pain, through diagnosis. Keep it simple as you can. With creative power you can alter the symptoms by applying different patterns to it, and so I suggest keeping your definition as simple as possible.

July 08, 2013, 10:39:09 PM
Reply #5

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I held off on replying for a while while I waited to see if putting those methods into practice and making some other changes would help, but so far no luck. I tried the inhaling/exhaling through the skin and getting my feet in touch with the earth outside to try allow the energy to sink down, I thought it was working for a while because the itching became less intense for a few days, then it came back with a real vengeance and I've had to cut my practice back even further.

I'm trying to look at things from a physical perspective as well, I don't have any specific issues with my feet that I know of, but I figured maybe some environment factor (or just the fact that I spend a lot of my time sitting down indoors) is at play which isn't obvious on the physical plane but is having an energetic effect, so I'm making sure to focus on stretching my feet, getting outdoors to get them in touch with the earth regularly, massaging and cleaning them daily, etc. Hasn't seemed to have made much of a difference so far, but maybe it needs more time.

I've also noticed what possibly feels like the sensation of energy pooling in my feet. I'm not sure about this, because I've only been practicing a little while and I'm still getting used to being able to feel these energies, and this could just be in my head, but it does sometimes feel like there's a little, buildup, I guess, there. I've tried to help it flow more naturally back up into the body, and while it seems to relieve the sensation in the short term, either it's in my head, or whatever the issue is, the blockage or whatever, is still at work causing it to re-accumulate.

I'm at the stage where I'm thinking about getting outside help. I'm not really in touch with the spiritual/new age/occult type community in my city, but I know there are plenty of massage/acupuncture/chinese medicine places around, and I've seen flyers for energy healing in bookstores. Are these worth looking into? Do I stand any chance of finding someone who'd understand and be able to address the problem?

I am always glad to help.

The best thing you can do to face your problems is actually deal with them in the phenomenal world, but if this is not possible for whatever reason, meditate on the problem you wish to fix. This is where the mind-body interaction will make it self known. You might get sensation in your ankles like you have been or it may come through as intense emotion or bodily sensations. Allow these to release themselves naturally, this means do not try and remain still when emotional and bodily reactions make themselves known- this will only cause stagnation and a worsening of symptoms. Let your body twitch, yell, cry, burp, fart, sneeze, shake, etc, as this is a physical sign that your are releasing old and unwanted habits and patterns.

Joint pain usually means connection or relationship issues, but body-mind/emotion interface is very personal. Deep insight into yourself with the specific problem in mind should give you something to work with- an answer, another important question or semi-psychotic laughing phase- if you can let these release in there own time and not get too caught up in lack of success or god-complex (insight and realizations into the nature of existence and power), then you will be understand yourself and nature better and can use this and other tools throughout your life path whenever you may need them.

I've been thinking about what you said here, I've tried meditating on the issue but other than that I can't really think of a way to find out if there's some kind of emotional issue connected to the energetic/physical issue at hand. I might try doing a tarot reading, I've found them to be insightful in the past. I'm not sure how else to attack the problem from the emotional angle.

I suggest merging your mind and your body together kind of like mindbender said. You can isolate your pain, or area of body with your mind. As it is in your attention begin to shape it in your mind. Imagine it getting less and less. Place this idea of it into the oncoming time. I use commands and imagination for any pain or unwanted symptoms. Merge your attention to your body.

Knowledge is power and so do not apply any negative idea to the pain, through diagnosis. Keep it simple as you can. With creative power you can alter the symptoms by applying different patterns to it, and so I suggest keeping your definition as simple as possible.

I'll take a crack at this :) Either way I think some more meditation is called for, if the issue is in my body then I figure the answer has to be within my subconscious somewhere, maybe I just need to dig further. I'm determined to figure it out and fix it, after the effort I've put into incorporating spiritual work into my life, I'm not going to let an issue like this get in the way.

July 09, 2013, 08:32:31 PM
Reply #6

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an excellent route to go. It is where my internal training is from (not TCM but internal kung fu and some basic qigong and self-taught yoga). Accupressure/accupuncture are both deeply studied in TCM, along with massage, cupping, moxibustion, qigong and diet. I would suggest this route above and beyond anything else if you are able.

Maybe it's just me and bias for tradition, but I would steer clear of New Age healers unless you have prior positive experience with a specific practice or practitioner (Pranic Healing has worked for me quite well, but it was also my father who healed and taught me the basics, so there is that bias of family involved, otherwise I am not sure if the experience would be the same).

Systems like Reiki, Quantum Touch, Core Shamanism, Angel Therapy, Jin Shin Jutsu, among other New Age systems, might do wonders for you, but once again, I would go for TCM or Ayurveda (Hindu cultural healing system).

Herbalism might also be very good (TCM and Ayurveda both specialize in this art as well, but any well trained herbalist with a little subtle energy backround should help just fine).

I can't say yay or  nay to an axtual occult healing because I have never had one.

July 09, 2013, 09:37:34 PM
Reply #7

Neeros

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Shaolin Mage
    • View Profile
    • Shaolin Wahnam
If it is good pain it could be cleansing
If it is bad pain it could be a deviation in your training

You can tell the difference through direct experience.

If it is a deviation you are doing something wrong and harming yourself internally and possibly insidiously.

I agree with seeing a legit TCM doctor who has experience in this sort of thing. This isn't really something that can be solved over a forum.
The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu

[18:22] <Rayn> That makes it worst. If the people can't practically apply and create effects, it is not so good.
[18:22] <metalforever_> okay, and who in the oec can do that? i would say very very few
[18:22] <metalforever_> their too busy fondling their psiballs

July 14, 2013, 07:43:57 AM
Reply #8

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
I agree that there seems to be a blockage I suggest that you have had energy from a related Kundalini event which was unable to complete the path up the spine. I agree that the best way to eleviate the symptoms is to reduce the blockages through gentle energy work.

I suggest drawing energy down
1. from the crown down the spine to the perineum
2. from the crown down the shoulders and out the palms and fingertips
3. and down the crown through the spine again splitting the path to flow out the legs through the soles of the feet and toes.

Follow this gentle slow energy path with raising energy up;
1. from the bare feet in throne asana up the legs to the perineum
2. from the bare feet up the legs to the perineum and up to the heart
3. from the bare feet up the legs to the perineum and up to the heart and up to the brow

I hope that you will feel better soon. If the energy starts to burn then slow down and move gently when the energy moves clean , fast and clear then you may proceed more quickly .

Reversing the flow is useful whenever there is blockage.

Also drink lots of water and try using the energy to heal, to fly in projection or to deeply meditate.
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

August 14, 2013, 09:02:11 AM
Reply #9

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Thanks for the input Clair, appreciate you taking the time to reply. Just as an update; I was pulled away from my practice for a week or two by RL circumstances, I resumed afterwards with only a minor setback and have since then continued working on integrating all of the above advice. Results have been mixed, at best, with symptoms fluctuating on a daily basis, but they seem to be slowly abating, so I'll keep it up and see where things go. On top of the meditations/energy work/stretching I've just recently incorporated a more comprehensive exercise program for the effected areas, to cover the possibility that the cause is more physical than I'd anticipated, so hopefully that will help. If nothing changes drastically within the next week or two I might go down the TCM route, if I can find a good practitioner in my area.

January 07, 2016, 10:32:02 AM
Reply #10

qprojects

• View Profile
Hi,

Just wondering if you overcame the "blockage"? Experiencing something similar myself when doing energy work. Right now I've come to realize that its a parasite trying to prevent you from running the energy, simply go through it (persevere) and build the energy up so the itchying/distraction fades out of your attention and then the itcying feeling will dissolve once you've gathered enough energy.... easier said than done, but it works.  :)

January 07, 2016, 10:22:12 PM
Reply #11

qprojects

• View Profile
I'm not certain it's a "parasite", but highly likely. The itchying is not actually painful, but extremely uncomfortable when trying to gather energy up your feet. The itchy feeling also can be in the hands and other places.

Regarding the parasite. Not sure the source of the parasite (STD, drugs, emf, portal, spell, etc. etc.), but it's definitely intelligent and sentient.. (or could be some advanced AI), it leeches the life force via hooks in your CNS, and organs and body parts (left eye, keeps one nostril blocked, as well as a lot of other things).... at this point I'm not sure if it works for another party or just does it to survive, in any case, it's a parasite and effects the health of the host substantially. Oh one more thing, it also can project thoughts, voices, movies, into your head/mind while you sleep and loves to move around the sexual organs.

From what I can tell, it's main point of residence in the body is the left side, in the lower abdomen area, close to the energy container (dan tian/naval area) and it extends up the left side of the body, breast/chest, arm, throat (very annoying) and left eye (extremely annoying as it feels like a small hole is in your eye and wiggles and moves like a small nematode or worm is in your eye)

Sounds F'd up I know, but If any one knows what I am talking about, please PM me or share your experience here.

:eek:

January 11, 2016, 11:08:23 AM
Reply #12

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Are you talking about your own experiences, qprojects, or are you attempting to psychically evaluate what's going on with someone else? If you're talking about your own experiences, then you may want to consider rewriting the previous post and changing the "you"s to "I"s.

Also, it sounds less like a parasite and more like a lack of self control, so you're letting your body create all sorts of sensations that you then make worse by focusing on them.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

January 13, 2016, 05:18:07 AM
Reply #13

qprojects

• View Profile
It's my own experience, but the main point and relation is the itchying when doing the energy work.. what ever is causing the itchying is trying to prevent your vibration from raising (doing the energy work) so it's a parasite, an intelligence, a virus kind of thing :)

January 13, 2016, 07:49:18 AM
Reply #14

qprojects

• View Profile
I would like to add that it is indeed a parasite and not my wild imagination or lack of control over my body or self. Obviously if you've not experienced this before or anything close to it you would call it BS / "lack of self control". It is a foreign low vibratory "entity"/"parasite"  :cow:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:52:43 AM by qprojects »