Author Topic: Exercise 2: Zen meditation experiences  (Read 8821 times)

June 06, 2013, 04:26:32 PM
Reply #45

Aprophis

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
7th day:

It was easy to focus on the spot and I could even keep my eyes open for a longer time than usual.

8th day:

Was too tired to meditate and my eyes were hurting too much.

9th day:

Today the focus was really intense and I could really feel my Wei Qi surrounding my body today. I even spaced out once or twice while still focussing on the spot, it was like I was there and not there at the same time.

June 06, 2013, 06:19:56 PM
Reply #46

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Great experiences guys, keep it up.

New lesson tomorrow.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 06, 2013, 08:04:44 PM
Reply #47

jimdare

• Settling In

• View Profile
Two other things I want to share:

1.  The other day I attended my weekly Buddhist meditation class, where we spend much of the class focused on the teacher in a similar state to zen meditation.  After about fifteen minutes, I could feel a kind of repulsive force between my hands and from my dan tien.  When I focused on this, It felt like I could 'push' this out further.  It felt like repulsive magnets.

2. I can sometimes feel the tingling sensation during the day.  This seems to be focused around my palms, but I have also started to feel it in my shins. Last night I felt it while lying down in bed.  I focused on my dan tien and tried to extend this feeling to my whole body.  When my partner came to bed, I could 'feel' every light switch she turned off, i.e. my body reacted to the sharp sound in a way similar to static electricity.  It's a pretty weird sensation!

June 06, 2013, 09:37:43 PM
Reply #48

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Jim- sounds very good.

Seems like you are learning to listen to your body more, which is the first step in truly feeling Qi.

Keep it up.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 07, 2013, 10:36:45 AM
Reply #49

Eniri

• Settling In

• View Profile
4th day of meditation. Now that I've moved I can properly do this.

I meditated for 15 minutes around noon. I'll edit this after 15 more minutes later today. However I had the problem that the muscles in my eyes occasionally twitch and set everything back to "normal" focus.

As I concentrated on my spot, a couple of times it disappeared and vanished into the background. But it quickly returned after that. Other times it seemed like it was glowing, or that there were vague things written inside it. I stopped after 15 minutes because my eyes began to hurt and get watery. It's likely my allergies.

The room around my briefly spun, and some times it seemed like the spot got closer to me. Other times it changed shape from a dot to a triangle or some other odd shapes. It also jumped up and down a small bit.

June 12, 2013, 12:29:44 AM
Reply #50

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Common experiences for me are:
Screen going white (or brighter), then it gets colored to violet or purple, this color than keeps getting smaller and smaller till it disappears in the center of the vision screen, symbols are also changing shapes, etc.

From physical experiences, sometimes after the meditation I have a feeling of detachment, it feels just like the surrounding is not related to you in any instance, like you were completely disassociated from your environment, the body also usually feels much lighter in such case.

July 16, 2013, 03:30:27 PM
Reply #51

SMFforumID

• Settling In

• View Profile
After double checking, I noticed that I forgot to post so here is my experience:

I stared at the "dot" for about 15 minutes. About the only thing that i noticed is that I lose my focus when blinking and sometimes the "dot" gets fuzzy while staring at it, but less so after the blink. The fuzziness varies depending upon the length of time between the blinks.