Author Topic: Exercise 1: Basic Qigong Forms experiences  (Read 10951 times)

June 09, 2013, 08:17:05 AM
Reply #75

icefire

• Settling In

• View Profile
I'm still doing all of these and getting more balanced results now.

Funny thing I watched a local strongman competition. One guy(who finished third) did lifting the sky and some other qigong-looking move where it looked like he was pushing both hands toward the dantien from the sides but not touching. His hands trembled and his breathing was alot more forced. I wonder if this was hard qigong he was doing? He did this before heavy lifting. As you probably know many if not most strongmen get some injuries from the competition.

June 09, 2013, 01:23:18 PM
Reply #76

random_noob

• Settling In

• View Profile
Ki Cho Jaki: I feel my hands warming up, but that's all.

Lifting The Sky: My hands warm up, along with my shoulders and upper torso. I feel a slight shiver at my right elbow once every repetition when lowering my hands. Towards the end of the exercise, my hands start tingling, and this electrical tingling extends up to my shoulders, although I can only sense it faintly. My left side tingles more than the right one.

Pushing Water: The tingling on the right side disappears, on the left side it retreats to the tips of my fingers while getting stronger. Torso and hands warm up and I start sweating (even though I'm almost naked when doing Qigong).

This is where I usually take a short break doing void meditation because else I wouldn't be able to do all 27 reps of Shaolin Archer. During this meditation, the tingling comes back, noticeably stonger than it was during Lifting The Sky, and it extends from both hands to the scapula.

Shaolin Archer: Not much to say here. My left index finger and thumb tingle. If I try to keep a 90 angle between my arm and the back of my hand, I actually feel pain at my left thumb's lower joint, so I don't do it.

June 09, 2013, 01:26:41 PM
Reply #77

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
So, doing Ki Cho Jaki helped?

Are you still experiencing a strong "electric shock" sensation that is painful in the bad finger?
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 09, 2013, 01:27:41 PM
Reply #78

Eniri

• Settling In

• View Profile
Practiced again today at noon. I briefly thought I felt something cool in my arms and legs, like the single channel/vein I mentioned before, but it didn't last very long. However today my breathing felt like it improved a great deal. I was able to inhale a lot more than I usually can, and because my lungs were a lot better I tried to slow down my movements (especially during the archer) to match what a full breath was now for me. It was not the easiest thing. I made only one mistake in movement today and it was immediately followed by a yawn. I'm convinced now that at least for me, the yawning is a way of expelling energy that might be built-up improperly or something else not so positive.

June 10, 2013, 02:33:53 AM
Reply #79

icefire

• Settling In

• View Profile
Shaolin archer seems to getting better all the time. The movements are now automatic and I'm getting the breathing down. The warmth moves to the active arm.

June 11, 2013, 02:16:20 PM
Reply #80

Aprophis

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
The last few days only the intensity of the feelings of energy grew. Especially when doing pushing water it was like electricity was pushed into my crown.

June 11, 2013, 03:18:16 PM
Reply #81

Eniri

• Settling In

• View Profile
Felt a bit of warmth in my arms lifting the sky today, but I didn't do the exercises at a good time (around 5). Best results really are at noon.

June 11, 2013, 04:50:58 PM
Reply #82

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Noon is great for Yang Qi.

If you can, try doing them outside on a clear night at Midnight when the moon is visible. You will notice different effects. Alternatively, they can be done at Sunset.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 12, 2013, 12:22:08 AM
Reply #83

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Most of the time doing these exercises I have a feeling of more resistance, like if I were in water

June 12, 2013, 06:44:50 AM
Reply #84

SMFforumID

• Settling In

• View Profile
Currently I am up to 18 rep's for Lifting the sky but only 9 for pushing water and the shaolin archer. Sometimes the sensations around my hands up towards my arms are stronger and sometimes not so much. I still don't feel much during the shaolin archer, but oddly sometimes the sensations that I felt around my arms and hands would persist for a time after I had finished all three of these exercises but I just don't feel these while doing the shaolin archer.

June 12, 2013, 07:02:01 AM
Reply #85

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
SMFforumID: shaolin archer seems to be a bit more tense than the other two so during the exercise try to focus a bit more on having your shoulder and arm and hand muscles relaxed, works for me.

June 13, 2013, 10:51:30 AM
Reply #86

Eniri

• Settling In

• View Profile
I don't know if this feeling is qi or simply more air in my lungs, or possibly it's both. I feel like there's just more life in my lungs now. My knees are getting stronger too. today I did 10 reps of the archer without needing to rest in-between.

June 13, 2013, 10:23:04 PM
Reply #87

random_noob

• Settling In

• View Profile
Firstly, I apologize for taking such a long time to respond, my lurking habit kicked in again :P
So, doing Ki Cho Jaki helped?

Are you still experiencing a strong "electric shock" sensation that is painful in the bad finger?

I don't think it's the shock itself that causes pain, as the pain only occurs when doing Shaolin Archer, whereas the shock is present during all of my Qigong forms and meditation. As I've written in my last post, I now also feel pain in my left thumb's base joint when doing the pushing-the-hand-out-gesture, so I think the pain is an entirely physical phenomenon. Also, keeping index finger and thumb bent a little bit prevents the pain.

Furthermore, when doing my forms, I'm starting to sense something akin to a piece of light cloth wrapped around both hands and my left arm, although I'm not wearing anything there. The electric tingling which predominantly occured in the left hand also starts to occur in the right hand as well.

Whether Ki Cho Jaki helped or not is something I cannot answer. My sensations definitely got more intense, so that may well be because of it.